FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hamilton Tactics

Harry Chibber

I think it's safe to say that 2 of there 3 goals were fortunate..and as for he 3rd goal well everyone including Uniteds wally defence stopped and stood when Offiong slipped. Its as if they thought he had died or something.

Take nothing away from there style of play though. Hopefully we may have a new face to introduce by Saturday. But if we play as well as Pittodrie and the fans get right behind the lads throughout the day im confident we can regain top spot.......boy it felt good to say that :rotflmao:

Edited by ajsict92

Watching the match ( Accies v Utd) I really couldn't believe how stand offish Utd were. To begin with I thought it was just Utd being a little arrogant and underestimating the new boys, but it continued for so long, and even when they did decide to tackle it was wild and desperate.

Hopefully we've taken note of that, and we'll show just how capable our lads are when it comes to closing down the opposition...and we need to be doing it from well up the park too as one of our big weaknesses, historically, has been defending set pieces....and that's where the Accies look like they could really trouble us as they have some tall guys in their squad.

The result against Utd doesn't make me any more or less worried about this weeks encounter against the Accies, and it's probably good that they game someone a bit of a doing in the opener as we're a lot less likely to go into the match with any ideas that it will be an easy game.

With the lads doing so well against Aberdeen it'll be tough to change the team but I think we really need to take advantage of the width of the pitch at TCS...I would't mind seeing Wilson starting this one on the right and Imrie on the left as they are both guys you can feed the ball wide too and they will run at a defence....but who do you replace?

I don't think we should be too quick to go for a 2 up front setup either, as I said going in to the Aberdeen match, we have to play to our strengths, and that's the midfield. If we are considering a 4-4-2 then it should be someone like Imrie playing in behind a striker as opposed to 2 out and out strikers, that way he's there to support in the middle if need be.

That was almost a good result for us last night, let them think alot of themselves I say, United were toothless in midfield and hopeless going forward, we'll be packed in there and they wont get anywhere close to the amount of room they did.

I'm confident about the game, had Hamilton still felt like they had something to prove I'd be more apprehensive, we should be too good for them at the weekend, better than them in the middle of the park where it counts. On that evidence alot better than United too.

On a side note it was a bit disappointing to see so many empty seats in the home end, I wouldve hoped the locals wouldve turned out in force for it, remember our first game in Inverness was packed, mustve been about 5,000 home fans in attendance. It'll be interesting to see what kind of turnout they get once the season starts to slow down to a dull 'oh god theres another game on today' pace.

Guest Acciesfan

I think it's safe to say that 2 of there 3 goals were fortunate..and as for he 3rd goal well everyone including Uniteds wally defence stopped and stood when Offiong slipped. Its as if they thought he had died or something.

Did you watch the game or have you just seen the goals? We had countless chances during the game and if 2 goals were down to good fortune, it was deserved for the way we took the game to united and created so much chances. When united went 1-0 up, we had already had 2 absolutley brilliant chances and thier goal came firmly against the run of play.

On a side note it was a bit disappointing to see so many empty seats in the home end, I wouldve hoped the locals wouldve turned out in force for it, remember our first game in Inverness was packed, mustve been about 5,000 home fans in attendance. It'll be interesting to see what kind of turnout they get once the season starts to slow down to a dull 'oh god theres another game on today' pace.

It was dissapointing, but remember it was a Monday night and it was on TV. Since the dark dark days 8 years ago of being relegated to the third division after a points deduction, we've really struggled for crowds. I know every club in Scotland has the problem of local fans supporting Celtic/Rangers, but when your only 20 minutes away from Glasgow, it's an even bigger problem for us.

Edited by Acciesfan

I'm definately not wanting to take anything away from Hamilton, they played well against a very lackluster Utd side and took their chances to bury them.

Like clacher_holiday2 said, Utd's midfield were hopeless and lost a lot of possession then duely punished for it. So I think fielding our strongest midfield should dry up a lot of the Hamilton style attacking before it becomes a threat and use the counter attack style that worked amazingly well against Aberdire!

Should be a decent game because both teams have been 'tipped for the drop' :rotflmao: and now its a top 2 game! Better than an Old Firm I say :thumb04: