FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Transfer Window

caleyrule

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Bannerman just on Radio Scotland suggesting no further signings at Le Stade.

Also a suggestion that Leeds United came in late for Don Cowie but couldn't get the deal together. Possibility that they'll be back in for Chipper in January.

There will be no Caley Thistle signings. Tried and failed to get 2 different central defenders - one was asking for too much in wages the other we couldn't afford.

More worrying is Leeds United are after Don Cowie. Unlikely to be a deal done now but they'll be back in January and there is nothing we can do!!

Edited by kencar

There will be no Caley Thistle signings. Tried and failed to get 2 different central defenders - one was asking for too much in wages the other we couldn't afford.

More worrying is Leeds United are after Don Cowie. Unlikely to be a deal done now but they'll be back in January and there is nothing we can do!!

:thumb04:

if he goes i'd prefer it wasn't to one of our rivals at least but no feckin money for him. two year deal :rotflmao: :018:

Radio Scotland suggesting we went in strong for Dave MacKay today but Livi were looking for ?200k!

The Italians clearly on the peroni early doors today.....

Pretty sure BillLeckie said MacKay rather than McPake but Livi site states they knocked back bids for McPake today.

I struggle to see even the mad italians quoting ?200k for MacKay.

Think the wages issue was probably Bamba. Small mercies I would suggest.

Radio Scotland made good point re MaKalamity and Bamba bombscare dream ticket at Easter Road.

McPake would have been a decent signing. Hope he enjoys Dingwall in December.

According to the P & J online the other player was McCracken

LINK

The interesting parts of the article are....

Caley Thistle last night failed with an Inverness club record bid to sign Livingston captain James McPake.

Inverness were ready to pay ?100,000 for the 24-year-old but the West Lothian club demanded ?250,000 for the player who will be out of contract in the summer.

and

Caley Jags also made an inquiry about Wycombe Wanderers captain David McCracken, 26, but again could not afford to sign the former Dundee United central defender.

Edited by kencar

In both cases you can't blame the club for trying, and you can't blame them for walking away when the financial demands were too high.

The recent performances of McGuire and Duff leave me less pessimistic about our defence than at the start of the season, but we still haven't replaced Dods.

Hardly.

"It would need to go through the club first and if it was a good enough offer and suited my family's situation then I'd have to take a look at it."

Not my words, just quoting the Sky headline.

EDIT- You will also see that he is quoted as saying

"I think I'd like to move back up to Scotland towards the end of my career, but I'm not really bothered about going back at the moment I'd prefer to stay down here a few years yet and that would probably be the aim, to move back up to Scotland towards the tail end of my career and settle up there."

which sounds like a dismissal to me. It's easy to misquote people and change the entire view of a story.

:rotflmao:

I have sympathy for Brewster as he was told there would be money to spend in the summer although the only player actually bought for a fee was Rooney.

McPake...or MacKay for that matter would be excellent signings although come January a pre-contract would be a terrific peice of buisness should we still want McPake and he want to come here.

The fact that teams either side of the border are now touting over Cowie suggests to me it's going to be very hard to keep him.

I think we can prepare ourselves for more transfer activity here come new year.

Perhaps not, but with the early injuries it might have been wise to bolster the numbers a little and you'd fancy him to be able to do a job for us.

Also, had I been Brewster I would have asked the club to stick an "unexpected" bid in for Dods last night. If Utd had an eye on someone and were after a few quid from somewhere to make it possible then it might have paid off.

Que Sera

I have sympathy for Brewster as he was told there would be money to spend in the summer although the only player actually bought for a fee was Rooney.

McPake...or MacKay for that matter would be excellent signings although come January a pre-contract would be a terrific peice of buisness should we still want McPake and he want to come here.

The fact that teams either side of the border are now touting over Cowie suggests to me it's going to be very hard to keep him.

I think we can prepare ourselves for more transfer activity here come new year.

Apart from P&B where is the source of all the rumours about Cowie.

At least it appears the club bid ?100k for a player (McPake) we can talk to in January with a view to signing next summer for nothing (he is over 23 yeah?) Shows some ambition i'd say. Touch disappointed not to sign a defender but we have 3 natural central defenders in Munro Maguire and Duff and Hastings, Proctor and even Tokely at a push can play there. Plus i'd like to think we could recall Guy Kerr who i also believe can play there.

Hey, if we were that desperate Black or Duncan would probably step back! Im not too worried.

Altho here's a question. Anyone have a scooby how the Daily Record rates Maguire as our best player every week?