Football Manager 2008/09

BornCaley

HI

We looking for 3 maybe 4 players ( maybe more) to join our online Football Manager game. We are currently only 4 strong after losing 3 players, so spaces are available. We are about to start season 2009/10.

League : English Premiership

When: Mondays @ 6.30-7pm

Requirements : PC version of FM2008 + Beta Patch .02

Newbies welcome.

We are changing our server over the next few days, so if the Data Transfer goes well we should be on for pre season Monday 15th September.

If your interested then please PM me your email address or leave a post on the thread.

Dont leave personal details on the thread.

** We will be changing to FM2009 in November/Dec.

Thanks

BC

I'm into it.

See on FM08 borncaley, i'm in 12/13 season with Arsenal and when I'm on it, a thing comes up on my screen and have to click ok like a couple of hundred times before it goes away, then comes back like 10mins later..

"too many virtuals stored"

do you know how to fix that problem, on the FM forum they say just upgrade. I tried to upload it or whatever but it wasn't working...torrents or something like that?

Any idea's? Anyone else? Thanks.

But defo into that when I get it fixed.

Hey Roscoe

Yeah you need the Beta Patches 8.01 & 8.02...seems strange as it appears that this message is related is your squad is small, so FM08 creates players (greyed out)...could it be your youth or reserve squad that is small.

Here is a link to the 8.02 patch, you will need a Torrent client to download it

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4038551/FM...2_Patch_-_CDfix

give us a shout when you feel happy to do the online

cheers...BC

How does this online thing work? I take it you can match your team against anothers and play a match and pit your wits against them? What if my team was only a few weeks into the start of the game (as my man utd team are)

Also...how do you know the other manager hasnt edited his players?

How does this online thing work? MY MATE HAS THE GAME ON HIS PC WHICH ACTS AS A SERVER. HE BOOTS UP AND IS GIVEN AN IP ADDDRESS..YOU CLICK NETWORK AND JOIN THE GAME BY ENTERING THE IP ADDRESS

I take it you can match your team against anothers and play a match and pit your wits against them?

YES YOU PLAY AGAINST THE COMPUTER RUN TEAMS & THE ONLINE PLAYERS TEAMS

What if my team was only a few weeks into the start of the game (as my man utd team are)

YOU WILL START A NEW GAME AND BE GIVEN A RAMDOM SELECTED TEAM, BUT NOT THE TOP 4 ( MAN U, CHELSEA, LIVERPOOL, ARSENAL)

Also...how do you know the other manager hasnt edited his players?

THERE IS NO CHEATING AS THE SERVER RUNS & SAVES THE GAME. IF MY MATE WAS TO USE EDITOR OR FM MODIFIER TO BOOST HIS TEAM , THEN HIS GAME & OURS WOULD BE DIFFERENT, SO THEY WOULDNT BE COMPATIBLE. ALTHOUGH I THINK YOU CAN STILL LOAD TACTICS/TRAINING FROM THE VARIOUS FM SITES.

INTERESTED ?

Am kinda intrested Chris....but a few more questions first.

I take it this is a weekly event?

Once you have your team, is it the same team you use every week?

Do you have to stick with the default squad or can transfers be made?

Am kinda intrested Chris....but a few more questions first.

I take it this is a weekly event?

YES EVERY MONDAY...SOMETIMES TWICE A WEEK IF WE WANT TO

Once you have your team, is it the same team you use every week?

YES YOU PLAY THE SAME TEAM. IF YOU GET SACKED OR RESIGN YOU STAY UNEMPLOYED UNLESS YOU APPLY FOR AVAILABLE MANAGERS JOBS IN ANY LEAGUE. IF YOU CANT GET ANOTHER JOB WE COULD RESIGN YOU AND PICK ANOTHER TEAM FOR YOU

Do you have to stick with the default squad or can transfers be made?

YOU PLAY THE GAME AS YOU NORMALLY WOULD....YOU CAN LOAN, TRANSFER ETC ETC

I have (well...i am in the process of) downloading the v8.0.2 patch as you mentioned earlier. Do I need to download the previous patch also? When I run them...do they install to the correct destination by themselves?

I reckon al give this a go if your still looking for numbers? Am a lil unsure at the mo as to how it all works, but am sure once am actually up and running al soon suss it out. Hope I get my toon lads to manage

I think the 8.02 patch will suffice, but no harm in having the 01 patch as well. Yes they will install into your FM08 folder.

sorry but my mate Dave has Newcastle..only chance of getting them is if he is sacked.

Theres not a lot to it really, no difference to the games you play on your own, just that someone else saves them and you get to play human managers.

i'll pm you my msn address, so if your around on Monday 15th @6.30 you can get the IP address to connect. I'll probably do a test on Sunday to make sure the new server is running ok...any probs i will let you know on here