FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V KILLIE

caleyrule

I was just thinking about the team to play on killie on sat i thought why not go a little more attacking to see if that would help us with the lack of goals

Fraser

LB - Hastings, Munro, Duff, RB - Tokely

LM - Imrie, Black, Rooney, RM - Cowie

Barrowman, Wood

What do you guys think of this team?

The idea of playing rooney in midfield (which he can play) is that it gives us more force on the counter as it allows us to play a 4-3-3

Edited by caleyrule

I was just thinking about the team to play on killie on sat i thought why not go a little more attacking to see if that would help us with the lack of goals

Fraser

LB - Hastings, Munro, Duff, RB - Tokely

LM - Imrie, Black, Rooney, RM - Cowie

Barrowman, Wood

What do you guys think of this team?

The idea of playing rooney in midfield (which he can play) is that it gives us more force on the counter as it allows us to play a 4-3-3

after last nights game Cowie has to be dropped, obviously with baby been born his head is going to be elsewhere and that tells on the pitch.

team for sat.

Fraser

Tokely Duf Munro Hastings

Imirie Black Vigurs McBain

Rooney Wood

Edited by CaleyP

Lets face it - none of us have a clue !!

Brew may plump fer:

Fraser

Tokely Maguire Munro Hastings

Cowie Black McBain Imrie

Wood Rooney

He will then play Cowie and Imrie on the wrong wing, hook Rooney before Wood and play McBain in front of Black. I am afraid that playing two up front end up in the hoof tactic.

Me:

Fraser

Maguire Duff Munro McBain

Vigurs Cowie Black Duncan Imrie

Rooney

That leaves us with loads of options to change it.

Brew may plump fer:

Fraser

Tokely Maguire Munro Hastings

Cowie Black McBain Imrie

Wood Rooney

He will then play Cowie and Imrie on the wrong wing, hook Rooney before Wood and play McBain in front of Black. I am afraid that playing two up front end up in the hoof tactic.

Me:

Fraser

Rooney

Quite like the look of that, IHE, although I dunno about McGuire at right back. Would probably stick with Tokely myself. Rooney up front with either Imrie or Cowie coming up to support looks good to me, especially after Barrowman's performance on Saturday. One query though - isn't Vigurs left-sided? He's certainly played more on the left than the right for us so far.

Brew may plump fer:

Me:

Fraser

Rooney

yeah i'd like to see that line up...thats possibly the best line up we could field with like you said plenty of options left.

Edited by boon

----------------------------------Fraser----------------------------------

--------------Proctor-------------Munro-----------Hastings---------------

----------------------------------Black-----------------------------------

---Tokely---------------------------------------------------------Imrie---

------------------Cowie----------------------Wilson-----------------------

----------------Barrowman-------------------Rooney-----------------------

Subs - Esson, Duff, Vigurs, Zander, Djebi-Zadi, <McBain, Wood

--------------------Esson------------------------

Proctor-------Duff-------Munro------Hastings

--------------------Black------------------------

Sutherland-------------------------------Imrie

--------------------Cowie-----------------------

-------------Wood--------Rooney--------------

Hook Imrie for Wilson on 65mins. That ladies and gentlemen, is how you select a winning team.

I agree with Esson coming in, not with Duff though, need the experienced team out tomorrow for sure, i have reservations about Cowie too, he may benefit from a wee spell on the bench, start with Barry on the right, imrie left and Mcbain/Black in the middle, Rossco does a lot better when Barry plays, whether we go 2 up front or put A N Other in the middle is going to be anybodys guess at the moment.

Hook Imrie for Wilson on 65mins. That ladies and gentlemen, is how you select a winning team.

How can you decide on hooking players after 65 mins when you have no idea how the game is going to go, what if Imrie is best player on the park at that time.

Edited by stevico1

How can you decide on hooking players after 65 mins when you have no idea how the game is going to go, what if Imrie is best player on the park at that time.

Obviously I wouldn't hook him then. Thankyou for highlighting that point though, gameplans are dynamic - Take note Brewster... :rotflmao:

Lets look at this from another angle - You are Jim Jeffries.

If ICT played the 4-4-2 it would be sweet music.

You have the best defence in the SPL and two "rookies" up front. Ya flood yer midfield. Ya play two wide men and push them on to Tokely and Hastings. Nish runs the line, ya concentrate on harassing Black, with a pacy forward in the hole and ya block out the easy ball out of defence - ya push ICT in the long ball option - lubbly jubbly.

Ya play it wide and take on the full backs - as most away teams at TCS do nowadays.

Ya go fer the jugular from the off - an early goal and ya can assume a bit of control - hold the line but keep the width, ya can afford to let ICT come at you and look at the counter attack.

We go 4-5-1 - with pace and width and go from the off - and against Killie we have a real chance. Our defence has to keep a high line - Duff and McBain (at full back) would be an added bonus there. Duncan guards the hole and gives Black more opportunity to play. Play Cowie in a Bazza role (wide right) and play Vigurs or Imrie out wide. we hit from midfield with the ball, rather than hitting the front two.

Rooney plays the target man - a la Niculae - and looks to feed pace coming across him and past him.

Lets look at this from another angle - You are Jim Jeffries.

If ICT played the 4-4-2 it would be sweet music.

You have the best defence in the SPL and two "rookies" up front. Ya flood yer midfield. Ya play two wide men and push them on to Tokely and Hastings. Nish runs the line, ya concentrate on harassing Black, with a pacy forward in the hole and ya block out the easy ball out of defence - ya push ICT in the long ball option - lubbly jubbly.

Ya play it wide and take on the full backs - as most away teams at TCS do nowadays.

Ya go fer the jugular from the off - an early goal and ya can assume a bit of control - hold the line but keep the width, ya can afford to let ICT come at you and look at the counter attack.

We go 4-5-1 - with pace and width and go from the off - and against Killie we have a real chance. Our defence has to keep a high line - Duff and McBain (at full back) would be an added bonus there. Duncan guards the hole and gives Black more opportunity to play. Play Cowie in a Bazza role (wide right) and play Vigurs or Imrie out wide. we hit from midfield with the ball, rather than hitting the front two.

is that the nish that plays for hibs running the line :thumb04: :rotflmao:

Edited by caleyonup