FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BENI Display for Celtic game

caley89

FYIBirdog. The message has been received loud and clear, and what you are doing is effectively the same as picking a scab. Keep on hounding them, ignoring their best attempts for redemption and see how far it gets us. Stevico has summed it up nicely, a nice conclusion.

If you are so intent on hanging them out to dry then you know what to do and who to call.

In what way is it like picking a scab. Our fans are quick enough to call for sanctions against the support of other teams for exactly the same thing yet when it comes to cleaning up our own mess we are more than willing to sweep it under the carpet. The very reason why this problem will never go away.

As DalneighCaley has shown, this problem is very much in the public domain so more of a gaping wound than healing scar!!! Believe me I am close to making official complaints, why should my young son be subjected to this when I have tried to distance him from prejudice for his whole life? Should I be forced to hand back our season tickets and remove one of the best father/son bonding sessions I have at my disposal?

Edited by FYIbirdog

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ICT CGS

Well this is the funniest thread i've read in a while.So we should be banned well that would mean even more silence than there already is,great shout.These songs were sung as a joke,a wind up,however i don't see anyone on here commenting about several chants of the soldiers song or athenry from the south stand?I would think that is just as bad?

We should go to ibrox?Been following caley for several years now,since the lower leagues,& i cant stand the old firm so you know before you tell me to go to ibrox ok?

caley 4 life,why will we only hear it when we play celtic,coss your a rangers fan perhaps?You just look a **** with statements like that,we shouldn't be siding with any side of the old firm,or treating them any differently.

roscoe if it was such a big deal why didnt you come up & say something,in all fairness though nobody had a clue wat there banner was going to say.caley4life if you were that determined to make it & put it up you seem to be very quick to slam yourself for it,& as for being caught up in the heat of the moment,pretty poor excuse!

Jamie,the majority that started those songs were rangers fans?I can only think of a couple.

Joe di Maggio wants a fight?Now thats quite a reaction,did it actually offend you or do you just like to agree with the media these days?I dont think you were offended in anyway,the same as most other caley fans.I understand that some people dont want to hear caley fans sing these types of songs but all this reaction is completely pathetic.

Our home support is dire,lets not lie.We try week in,week out but never seem to receive much vocal backing from many other people,though there are people who do join in down in front of us.

& finally the reporter from the sunday times must have some hearing as thats some achievement to hear 6 people sing the "famine"song.

Edited by ICT CGS

Mentioned in the Herald as well today. :rotflmao:

Like i mentioned before i dont really have a problem with the famine song that can sort of be taken as a joke although dont know why you have to copy rangers fans. It is the can you go a chicken supper you dirty fienan fu**er, f**k bobby sands dirty tagis, feinan bas**rds :thumb04: Pretending they didnt really know what they were doing is rubbish, everyone is aware what this means. These boys are teenagers not pre school.

So the next time we have a black player playing against us can I make monkey chants and call him a black ba***rd and then say it was only a laugh and i was trying to make an atmosphere and that i am better fans than you for this reason?? Then say ok I appologise just drop it??

what is the difference??

Well this is the funniest thread i've read in a while.So we should be banned well that would mean even more silence than there already is,great shout.These songs were sung as a joke,a wind up,however i don't see anyone on here commenting about several chants of the soldiers song or athenry from the south stand?I would think that is just as bad?

We should go to ibrox?Been following caley for several years now,since the lower leagues,& i cant stand the old firm so you know before you tell me to go to ibrox ok?

caley 4 life,why will we only hear it when we play celtic,coss your a rangers fan perhaps?You just look a **** with statements like that,we shouldn't be siding with any side of the old firm,or treating them any differently.

roscoe if it was such a big deal why didnt you come up & say something,in all fairness though nobody had a clue wat there banner was going to say.caley4life if you were that determined to make it & put it up you seem to be very quick to slam yourself for it,& as for being caught up in the heat of the moment,pretty poor excuse!

Jamie,the majority that started those songs were rangers fans?I can only think of a couple.

Joe di Maggio wants a fight?Now thats quite a reaction,did it actually offend you or do you just like to agree with the media these days?I dont think you were offended in anyway,the same as most other caley fans.I understand that some people dont want to hear caley fans sing these types of songs but all this reaction is completely pathetic.

Our home support is dire,lets not lie.We try week in,week out but never seem to receive much vocal backing from many other people,though there are people who do join in down in front of us.

& finally the reporter from the sunday times must have some hearing as thats some achievement to hear 6 people sing the "famine"song.

are you serious?? Home support is dire? yes, but yesterday made it worse. Do you not know any pro caley songs to sing? It was not a 'laugh' and no i wasnt personally offended just embarrased that you were bringing OUR clubs name down.

Just immature and trying to act like casuals.

The word Casual is an adjective. A male/female who portrays themselves in a presentable manner for home and away excursions.

I doubt a 'casual' would really get involved

Surely no reporters heard the songs, as stated above, there was only about 6 people singing them at max! I'm sure alot more than 6 people were coming out with alot of the same sort of stuff over in the South Stand but we just couldn't hear it because the other people in that stand we singing different songs drowning them out!

I am not saying that what was sung was correct, or even acceptable; but as stated above, apoligies have been made, as have promises to never sing the songs again. And I dont see many other people starting songs every saturday so I am sure no more of these "disgusting" "bile" songs will be sung at TCS from the home end.

Therefore, that means there is a 100% guarantee that there won't be anymore songs of this nature sung from the home end of TCS and so there should be no need for any further punishment from the club as the only reason to do this would be to banish the songs from our ground yet that has already been achieved.

The "soldier's song", whilst I disagree with it and hold it in the same contempt that I hold "God save the Queen" with it's line about sending the Scots back to Hell, is a national anthem and cannot be held in the same regard that a song with the line "you fenian mother ******" so bad example and if you don't think that singing these songs to Celtic fans warrants a ban then I am afraid you deserve a ban.

Whether or not Celtic fans were singing bigoted songs is another matter, the matter in hand is that a few of our supporters subjected my 7 year old son to bigoted bile and therefore I am very angry. No need for it at TCS ever.

Your wind ups were more of an attempt at antagonising the opposition fans and could have resulted in a very unsafe walk home for all of us.

Guest ICT CGS

Well Joe you obviously have selective hearing as we sing pro caley songs every week,so theres your answer to that.

As for the bobby sands,even less people said that than the famine song.

Where did i once state that i am abetter fan than you?I didn't i just proved that i hate both sides of the old firm & try to generate an atmosphere,dont twist my words please.

This could have been a great wind-up opportunity but I am afraid that peeple are not grasping the bottom line here. I am all fer winding up the oppo but I would never stoop to the level of sectarian taunts - that puts us rite in the bile like the weegie scum. Now calling them potato munching weegie scum may be offensive to some but it winds most of them up a lot more. Some peeple are over feckin sensitive about a lot of songs that are sung on the terraces.

Most songs and most chants are born out of banter and wind up - most peeple in crowds will probably have a quiet wee titter over them. Look how this board has become oversensitive about the word g.y.p.o. - it has and always will be a wind up taunt - nothing more - until some **** with a feckin oversensitive personna turns up.

A lot of the older generation are more touchy about the sectarianism as it was part and prcel of our era. I reckon most of these lads dont understand the history and are only out fer a laff.

Bottom line lads is - Wind the oppo bestards up to the limit, carry on singing the provocative songs, carry on with the name calling and the terrace banter but fer fecks sake - keep religion out of it and leave the sectarian baiting to the scum who advocate the IRA and the UDA and the UDF.

Surely no reporters heard the songs, as stated above, there was only about 6 people singing them at max! I'm sure alot more than 6 people were coming out with alot of the same sort of stuff over in the South Stand but we just couldn't hear it because the other people in that stand we singing different songs drowning them out!

I am not saying that what was sung was correct, or even acceptable; but as stated above, apoligies have been made, as have promises to never sing the songs again. And I dont see many other people starting songs every saturday so I am sure no more of these "disgusting" "bile" songs will be sung at TCS from the home end.

Therefore, that means there is a 100% guarantee that there won't be anymore songs of this nature sung from the home end of TCS and so there should be no need for any further punishment from the club as the only reason to do this would be to banish the songs from our ground yet that has already been achieved.

Oh waken up man. There is no 100% guarantee, there never can be. That is exactly why those perpetrating such actions should be punished severely, as a deterrent, those carrying out singing of that nature in both the North and south stands should be sent a message that it is not to be tolerated. The thing that makes us better than the old firm is that we will not allow our fans to behave in such a way and we never should, regardless of apologies, sincere or otherwise.

The "soldier's song", whilst I disagree with it and hold it in the same contempt that I hold "God save the Queen" with it's line about sending the Scots back to Hell, is a national anthem and cannot be held in the same regard that a song with the line "you fenian mother ******" so bad example and if you don't think that singing these songs to Celtic fans warrants a ban then I am afraid you deserve a ban.

Whether or not Celtic fans were singing bigoted songs is another matter, the matter in hand is that a few of our supporters subjected my 7 year old son to bigoted bile and therefore I am very angry. No need for it at TCS ever.

Your wind ups were more of an attempt at antagonising the opposition fans and could have resulted in a very unsafe walk home for all of us.

You can bet your bottom dollar that said wee laddies would have shat themselves if any of the celtic fans challenged them after the game and would have been looking for the assistance of the same stewards they so like to slag off.

Oh waken up man. There is no 100% guarantee, there never can be.

I don't understand why not though; there were about 5 or 6 people singing it and are all very apolegetic about it and realise that their actions were wrong. If they dont sing it then there wont be anyone else singig it as nobody else will even be heard starting a "Care free".

Guest ICT CGS

You can bet your bottom dollar that said wee laddies would have shat themselves if any of the celtic fans challenged them after the game and would have been looking for the assistance of the same stewards they so like to slag off.

Guest ICT CGS

Ok then,were you with us after the game?No,so you wouldntt have seen anything that went on.There was a few incidents & no,as upset as you'l be to hear this we didnt run to the police.

Cash or Cheque,i dont mind how you pay up.

Guest ICT CGS

Who said anything about us,all i said was that i stood up to some celtic fan,you dont seem to be able to understand that do you?

This is pathetic arguing over the internet anyway,it doesnt prove a thing!

Who said anything about us,all i said was that i stood up to some celtic fan,you dont seem to be able to understand that do you?

You were the one that said "us" and that "we didnt run to the police " you noob.

And by arguing over the internet its just proved what I thought all along ............Your full of it.

Well Joe you obviously have selective hearing as we sing pro caley songs every week,so theres your answer to that.

As for the bobby sands,even less people said that than the famine song.

Where did i once state that i am abetter fan than you?I didn't i just proved that i hate both sides of the old firm & try to generate an atmosphere,dont twist my words please.

I wasnt talking about you personally but i got some PM's from these idots, cant even be bothered checking who exactly now but going on about 'ive ben to games from 1996 i am a real fan' you are celtic fan obviosuly, you dont sing i am creating an atmopshere, im a better fan' bla bla bla Zzzzzzzzzz. Can tell from Pm's like that that these boys aren't exactly the brightest.

The numbers seem to be going down and but i reckon there was about 10-15 of these idiots but thats not the point. Even if it were 1 or 2 then it makes no difference. I am not saying you werent singing pro caley songs but why not sing them the whole game instead of making idiots of yourself and the club?

The thing that gets me is these guys still think they were only crating an atmosphere and that the songs were to wind up the opposition and difference of optinon. No it is blatantly wrong and they should have been arrested and charged. Once if enough.

Guest ICT CGS

I stated how long i've been going for to prove a point to you that i dont support the old firm or anything,

you cant seem to understand that i hate BOTH sides of the old firm!

I wasnt talking about you personally but i got some PM's from these idots, cant even be bothered checking who exactly now but going on about 'ive ben to games from 1996 i am a real fan' you are celtic fan obviosuly, you dont sing i am creating an atmopshere, im a better fan' bla bla bla Zzzzzzzzzz. Can tell from Pm's like that that these boys aren't exactly the brightest.

The numbers seem to be going down and but i reckon there was about 10-15 of these idiots but thats not the point. Even if it were 1 or 2 then it makes no difference. I am not saying you werent singing pro caley songs but why not sing them the whole game instead of making idiots of yourself and the club?

The thing that gets me is these guys still think they were only crating an atmosphere and that the songs were to wind up the opposition and difference of optinon. No it is blatantly wrong and they should have been arrested and charged. Once if enough.

By the sounds of your description I would bet you anything it was Caley4life and TCJ PMing you - the same people who made the banner.

And, a head count yesterday showed that there was a maximum of 12 people standing up in Section G yesterday. At least half of which never even sung these songs.

You were the one that said "us" and that "we didnt run to the police " you noob.

And by arguing over the internet its just proved what I thought all along ............Your full of it.

And instead of arguing we should be debating or talking in a civilised manner instead of all this "I bet you would sh!t yourself if a tic fan wanted a go" and "Let's meet up before the well game to see who the hardmen are" jazz. Not aimed at you in particular but everyone reading so we can be more constructive and ignore the petty little things like "arguing over the internet".