FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Board Are Geniuses !

stomach

Ask yourself this question - Which was the best ever season for a ICT supporter?

Go on, think about it.

The answer for me is the season that we won the 1st division championship and Bells cup. The next best season is the time we got to our first Scottish cup semi-final and the next is the year we beat Celtic in the famous Scottish cup win.

What do all these games have in common? They were all when we were in the 1st division.

I think the board have realised this and are determined to get us back to that level. Not as easy as you might think, we do after all have a good squad of players.

The first and most important step is to get in an incompetent manager, but who to get?

Well Craig Brewster of course - the man with the amazing record of 2 wins in 28 games at DU, if that isn't relegation form then I don't know what is.

He does have one drawback though - he is a great player. Don't worry, as soon as he arrives he will retire and concentrate on just his coaching 'skills'.

The next problem is Donald Park, I mean with him there we might win too many games as he knows what he is doing, has the experience and the players like him. Not a problem, he will fall out with the manager and leave due to 'family reasons'. Great that means we can get Malky back and re-unite the management duo who did so well at DU, heck we may as well go the whole hog and get all the fitness coaches they had there too, after all you can't put a price on relegation.

Next. get rid of one of our best players (Rankin), who I heard in a rumour didn't get on with Park, but wait a minute he signs for Hibs, so maybe it is someone else at the club he doesn't get on with, mmm wonder who that could be.

What else can we do? Well don't offer players like Black a contract extension until it is too late and other clubs can come in for him. With the team doing so poorly some of the fans might not be happy and might ask for a change of manager,mmm Barry Wilson seems popular with the supporters, best get rid of him too as some might ask him to become the new manager. Hopefully he will get the assistant managers job at County and then we can say we can't afford to bring him back.

Wont the fans become suspicious though if the manager keeps picking strange formations and playing most of the players out of position? No, we will just stick to our stance of "that's what the manager gets paid to do" and "a good player can play anywhere on the field"

So, I for one applaud the forward thinking of our current board members. 1st division here we come!!

Exactly what I've been thinking for a long long time now. We may well be able to replace the manager, but that won't guarantee an improvement in form. My worst fear is that our club, the one thing that unites us all on this forum, are f*cked until we can replace the major players at Boardroom level. Sutherland, Smith, Bennett and Fraser can all kindly GTF.

Exactly what I've been thinking for a long long time now. We may well be able to replace the manager, but that won't guarantee an improvement in form. My worst fear is that our club, the one thing that unites us all on this forum, are f*cked until we can replace the major players at Boardroom level. Sutherland, Smith, Bennett and Fraser can all kindly GTF.

Do we actually have a chairman now? the club is going through the worst time since its conception and his silence has been deafening

Do we actually have a chairman now? the club is going through the worst time since its conception and his silence has been deafening

actually we really dont have a chairman, just a wee puppet called george that sutherland keeps in a box under his bed and we haven't seen him out to play for a while cos sutherlands been too busy worrying about how many million less than last year he'll get paid because of the credit crunch

Guest WynessLegend

It's about time some people got used to the fact that the SPL is not a League we can ever win.

At best we can hope for a good scrap for top six every few years balanced with

a gripping relegation fight now and then.

The level of inconsistency in the SPL dictates that, at this stage of the season, we simply don't know

which way it will go.

An unfeasibly excellent board and management team would not alter this truth.

It's about time some people got used to the fact that the SPL is not a League we can ever win.

The level of inconsistency in the SPL dictates that, at this stage of the season, we simply don't know

which way it will go.

so what you are saying is if its broke then theres no point fixing it. thats a good way to look at it. :rotflmao:

why dont we just join the welfare league, we should win that every year maybe even despite the current management team

which way it will go.

Sorry Legend but I have to disagree. A proper management team would have our current squad playing consistently decent football. Not saying they'd be winning every game but they all have enough quality and experience to be doing better than they are. They just need leadership and stability.

Who's talking about winning the league??? All we want is for the management and players to show a little bit of ambition and to at least put up a fight against the opposition. We used to do that, but have completely lost what initiative we used to have. We don't need to win every game or even finish in the top half. What we do need is to achieve our potential, and so far in the past year we've fallen well short of that. We are actually going backwards, and that's unacceptable and dangerous.

which way it will go.

Were you at the game today caller?

Lets face it, Brew has lost the confidence of the players, so no matter which team or formation he puts out..we get beat.

We have had ZERO from the Chairman/board/DOF ( read doof) with regards our shyte form and performances -why?

I don't think our Chairman wants to be reminded of the statement he made back in May (I think it was May).

It went something like......

"If we're still talking about the Board in 6 months time then I haven't done my job"

Given that this is now December, and people are still talking about the board, I'm guessing he hasn't done his job.

:rotflmao:

Guest CiaoInverness

Everything is possible..

But I think it's right the sentence reported by WriteonCaley: everything else is just theory

Anyway 11 men play football against other 11 men...sometimes many rumors are done, but hiding the reality that is team play badly and players are not motivated...

Here, I'm in the capital of Italy, but not in the capital of football...Milano and Torino are..In Rome, If players had not motivations or everything went in the right verse, Roma and Lazio would fall down soon...

I mean...when we have not definite objectives like to win a league or to have a Uefa place, what makes us go ahead? Pride and will!

Before looking at too high, begin to see if our players play with these values...then we can strengthen our team or ask more to our management, but without that basis we will do little..

I was just thinking the same Mantis.....on wondering why it might be quiet I pictured Brewster looking out his window to see an angry mob with flaming torches and pitch forks baring down on him.

We can but hope! :rotflmao: