FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Steven Pressley for player-manager?

Row S

Given the lack of leadership since Darren Dods left us and the continuing malaise with Brewster as manager we could do with 'Elvis' to steady the ship. His deal with the Danish club has now ended and he seems to be a free agent.

I'd prefer someone with some experience in management.

Billy Davies would be an unreal signing but also unrealistic but Bruce Rioch isn't so unbelieveable.

but it'll end up being someone on the lines of Gordon Chisholm.

Edited by martinskye

Given the lack of leadership since Darren Dods left us and the continuing malaise with Brewster as manager we could do with 'Elvis' to steady the ship. His deal with the Danish club has now ended and he seems to be a free agent.

Surely there's a far more compelling case for re-appointing Robbo as manager...

He has experience of working with the majority of the squad...

He would surely enjoy their respect..

He lives in Inverness, and does not appear to want to live elsewhere (unlike D.Dods)

He is available and would be ready to start work at a moment's notice...

Even if he agreed to come in as a caretaker boss until the end of the season that would almost certainly save us from relegation...

i'm not convnced by the Robbo argument as i felt if he hadn't left for Hearts there was a real danger of us being relegated and i think pressely with an old-head behind him could work wonders and he would shore-up our leaky defence.

I've been saying this for about a year now. Pressley with someone like Archie Knox (as a favour for an old mate) or Jim Duffy (can't imagine him turning down a footie job) alongside. Having said that, no problem with Robbo returning, or maybe Bobby Williamson even though noone rates him (thought he did well with Killie & Hibs). Definitely one of the first two though I'd favour.

I've been saying this for about a year now. Pressley with someone like Archie Knox (as a favour for an old mate) or Jim Duffy (can't imagine him turning down a footie job) alongside. Having said that, no problem with Robbo returning, or maybe Bobby Williamson even though noone rates him (thought he did well with Killie & Hibs). Definitely one of the first two though I'd favour.

Explain why Jim Duffy is such a good choice considering his relegation record and as a number two to the highly successful Graham Rix and Peter Grant.

Hardly think you can count the time with Rix at Hearts (one month). Did well at Dundee both times (probably the closest to us for teams he's been at). He's well respected as a coach that has included time with Chelsea. Knows the game inside out, so if we got a fresh hungry young manager, then someone like Duffy (or John McCormick, Archie Knox etc) could be alongside giving pointers to the young coach.

Hardly think you can count the time with Rix at Hearts (one month). Did well at Dundee both times (probably the closest to us for teams he's been at). He's well respected as a coach that has included time with Chelsea. Knows the game inside out, so if we got a fresh hungry young manager, then someone like Duffy (or John McCormick, Archie Knox etc) could be alongside giving pointers to the young coach.

Jim Duffy is a dreadful manager. How many times has been relegated?

I was not talking about Hearts. Look at their record at Portsmouth.

He got Dundee relegated twice.

Alex Smith is respected probably because he is a nice guy and the press love him but he gets sacked at every job. Duffy is in that category.

Id say no to Pressley as a manager and certainly no to Rix. Im all for Robbo to be honest. Rix has a poor record as does Duffy the most convincing argument seems to be for Robbo. At least he'll have more pride and commitment that Brewster

Give me strength :rotflmao:

thats the last thing we would need this season.

Daft manager out ..... inexperienced manager at an experience required time in. Dosen't bare thinking about.

Remember Elvis originates from Elgin and there can be no doubt about his drive and determination even if he has slowed as a player. A slimmed down Bobby Mann is needed in the back four. We need his type of experience.

Any kind of Bobby Mann wouldn't go amiss in our back four... He was the best player on the park against that Liverpool line up Bazza's testimonial...

Like Pressley, he could be potential player/manager material...

Any kind of Bobby Mann wouldn't go amiss in our back four... He was the best player on the park against that Liverpool line up Bazza's testimonial...

Totally agree Johnboy, Blobby Mann could teach McQuire a thing or three about defending.

For starters he can read the game, tackle and pass the ball!!!!

Feck me I'm all shook up. Could be Any Day Now. Baby I dont care. I am going to be crying in the chapel if the Big Boss Man goes. But he could be a devil in disguise or do you say Dont be cruel. Oh well I suppose when Fools rush in Froggy went a courtin. I would like this thread to be gentle on my mind and get my mojo working and to help me through the night in Heartbreak Hotel. This could be the Impossible Dream so Im so lonesome I could cry.

Love me Tender and Return to sender.