FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ict -v- Kilmarnock : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result and confidence builder. I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone played from someone who attended the game. I assume that Lionel did well again as he wasn't hooked for Roy! Surely Rooney has earned a starting place now.

Not classic stuff. First half was good up and at em work, with Odiambo shining early on, but faded from the game. Imrie did not replicate last weeks classic, and nothing seemed to work for him, though he ran hard enough. Rooney seemed mia a few times going forward, perhaps he forgot what he was there for. Took his goal very well from a telling pass from Proctor, but really it was an extra man goal.

Esson was solid, and the defence seem to work well together. Lionel was my MOM both for his stopping and his moving forward. The ball seemed to go to him from the midfield quite a lot and he usually found something good with his passes. Tokes on the other hand didnt seem to go forward as much, not till later.

Duncan had a good game as did Foran. Missed a siiter though. Black seemed a bit quiet, but contributed sporadically.

All in all a good day, Terry is working with the side and he will get better and better performances out of his squad. A couple of wins like that in the league and all bets are off. In terms of contracts andthe new chaps, get Pavels and Odiambo tied up asap!

Brilliant result. Two straight clean sheets. things are looking up. Magics goal was good, nice header in. He's played 4 games and has already scored the same number of goals as barrowman. Neither team was brilliant. It was quite scrappy but given the conditions we'll let them off. Great finish by rooney he certianly can finish the ball. We just need to get more good balls in the box and have someone like rooney to finish them off. Brilliant for confidence and hopefully can do this in the league now.

I wonder how things would have panned out had we not conned the ref?

:D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P :021: :D :D

Conned the ref? We hardly got any decent decisions today that we should've.

They might have got a pen if the snow wasn't covering the lines on the pitch, that was the only other decent call.

We played really well, even proctor played well, getting far foward and puting in good balls when imrie came off.

Superb finish from Rooney and Pavel won me ?20, cant complain.

Good banter with the weather and pitch conditions.

Munro looked a bit dodgy at the back but again Pavel was really impressive.

Good battling result in a pretty poor game. The snow made it 'interesting'. Glad it stopped when it did.

Thought the ref had a shocker today. Will need to see the 'penalty' incident again but I thought Fernandez dived. The red card was very harsh as well. Kyle certainly caught Proctor with his elbow but it looked purely accidental to me.

Pass marks for pretty much the whole team today although I assume Imrie got MOTM for his workrate as his end product today was negligible. Foran needs more games. Proctor was anonymous but Lionel played well (never thought I'd be saying that :thumb04: ) as did young Eric for a spell in the first half.

Another clean sheet is also a major bonus. Not bothered who we get in the next round as long as we get a home tie. How times have changed

Respect to the Killie fans for making the long journey up here - I never expected there to be so many of them. Probably 3-400 hardy soles :rotflmao:

Wasn't even a free kick/penalty imo/ Pav clearly got the ball, then Fernandez did the most ludicrous, delayed dive imaginable. I thought the ref had actually blown to book gim for diving.

Crap game, great result. That's two clean sheets on the trot, and we're starting to look a bit more determined. Not sure about young Eric, he seemed to be shoved around much too easily. And Imrie was mince....no idea why he got MOTM :rotflmao:

He's played 4 games and has already scored the same number of goals as barrowman.

5 games actually .... but he does join Barrowman, Black, Morais, and Vigurs on two goals.

Definately was not a penalty. The snow actually helped the ref decide that it was not a penalty I think. The mark where Mihadjuks slid in was a good 3-4 yards away from where Fernandez fell. He was not tripped either he just fell and tried it was him who tried to con the ref in my opinion.

Pretty good performance especially from Lionel who seems to have a whole bag of samba skills tucked away that we never knew about.

Definately was not a penalty. The snow actually helped the ref decide that it was not a penalty I think. The mark where Mihadjuks slid in was a good 3-4 yards away from where Fernandez fell. He was not tripped either he just fell and tried it was him who tried to con the ref in my opinion.

Pretty good performance especially from Lionel who seems to have a whole bag of samba skills tucked away that we never knew about.

i'll reserve judgement till the highlights but from the north stand my initial thought was it was at least 3 yards inside the box and we got very lucky but looking forward to seeing it again.if it was a penalty then mihadjik would surely have seen red also so will be a sore one for killie :rotflmao:

Good result that! Butcher has done well so far, we just need three points in the League now!

Butcher on Scotland duty this week so Malpas and Clelland taking the training.

is it me or does clelland seem to have a bigger role to play now with tb?

Eck will still have the role of youth development but will be drafted into the first team role when Terry's away on Scotland duty.

How long into a game before an abandonment counts ?

Feckin fair play to Butcher - He said if they play well they stay in - and Zebidee did that last week - but hope Royster gets back in fer the League struggle.

And Gawd Bless Latviaman - fer his "scouting" - his recommendation - his perseverence - and his or his sources "sponsorship" - Shurely the Board MUST sit up and take notice of this unofficial source and listen to who else may be available !!

Why dont they just give credit when credit is due ? :rotflmao:

Oh and get Caley 100 to breathe fire on the park and get Tommy Cumming to stoke up the feckin fires.

Thank you kind sir, season starts soon, I will get my scouts hat on , but a lot have inflated ideas of there abilities and what they should earn? ring a bell ???Did say Pavels deserved a chance ages ago , deadly at set pieces and proving it so onwards and upwards

I will get my scouts hat on , but a lot have inflated ideas of there abilities and what they should earn? ring a bell ???Did say Pavels deserved a chance ages ago , deadly at set pieces and proving it so onwards and upwards

I went to see FC Jurmala play against Pavel's old side in Lavtia last year and was particularly impressed by a left footed Argentinian striker with a mullet. Luxury player who didn't do too much running, but his left foot was a wand! There was a brilliant blond box to box midfielder as well playing for Jurmala.

Glad Pavels is doing well :rotflmao:

Pretty good game, exceleent banter with richie. alan combe seemed a bit more focussed than usual today, last couple of times he responded to the heckling.

Pavels was an absolute rock in the hearts of our defence, a stand-out performance from the big man. When he didn't have the ball he knew where to go to get it, and when he had the ball he always looked to play pass to the strikers feet: a joy to watch. I am confident we'll keep hiom, he seems to be settling in well enough, all the players celebrated his goal with him.

Imrie was also class today, chasing everything, so probably deserved the MOM for sheer effort alone.

the only downside was the low attendance, but it didn't stop the match being thoroughly enjoyable.