FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher's Style

Renegade

I dont think style comes into it. Nor do I think its fair to make comparisons with anyone else this early. Butcher seems to stick to one formation. He doesn't believe in rotation for the sake of it. He has the players knowing their objectives and he has teamwork on the park. Question is. Is that because of Butcher or is it just players wanting to impress the new guy?

I'd be a bit worried if I thought Butcher was trying to impress his style upon the players. That's what Brewster was trying to do and look where it got us!!! Butcher is now playing a system/style which seems to better fit the players, and that's what's important.

I think the management style is more collaborative now whereas before it was autocratic.

A manager who can succesfully use this style tends to be less insecure about his authority than an autocratic manager and is happy to devolve power or responsibility to others (his "mafia" as quoted in the media) and only be autocratic when the circumstance dictates.

I think our players have, and will continue to respond to this style of management.

From a psychological perspective Butcher is all about continuity, unity and channelled democracy.

The man is a born "leader" - a role model - and he has a clear definition of teamwork:

Teamwork "a joint action by 2 or more persons' or a group, in which each person subordinates his or her individual interests and opinions to the unity and efficiency of the group."

This does not mean that the individual is no longer important; however, it does mean that effective and efficient teamwork goes beyond individual accomplishments. The most effective teamwork is produced when all the individuals involved harmonize their contributions and work towards a common goal.

In order for teamwork to succeed one must be a teamplayer. A teamplayer is one who subordinates personal aspirations and works in a coordinated effort with other members of a group, or team, in striving for a common goal. Businesses and other organizations often go to the effort of coordinating team building events in an attempt to get people to work as a team rather than as individuals.

The forming-storming-norming-performing model takes the team through four stages of team development and maps quite well on to many project management life cycle models, such as initiation - definition - planning - realisation.

He has proved that he can talk the talk - but can he walk the walk. Starting off with an initial X1 and sticking to it is a brave but very risky ploy - especially in our position - I hope that he can make the changes in a manner that does not affect out already precarious position.

As long as the ball hits the back of the net and we actually win games consistently i'm happy.

But he does appear to get more out of his players. In just 2 games we've seen things we never thought we would see.

Like a decent performance from Djebi-Zadi or back to back clean sheets, so whatever he is doing it seems to be working.

I think he is slightly more old fashioned, adopting the traditional roll the sleeves up and get on with it kind of attitude.

All i can say to it is keep it up.

Butcher trains them rather than Brewster's style of running around for 3 hours a day!

He's expreimented with play and changed the formation and it's all worked!

He's also got that circle of unity.

so far so good.