FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

did anyone read bill leckies article in the sun today about dougie imrie. he was comparing riordan and dougie saying that imrie would run 80 yards to make a tackle and didnt stop all the way through the game. while riordan is on in football for the money and is masivly overated.

good shout bill :rotflmao:

A decent enough article and one that summed up the newfound spirit at ICT since Butcher came in. Leckie highlighting the difference between Imrie and Riordan was interesting mainly because I wondered how many others had seen Deeks half baked attempt at controlling the football before turning to whinge at anyone in a green shirt nearby. Comedy gold from one of the biggest wastes of talent in the Scottish game.

Then look at Imrie. Sure he might not have the skill Riordan might have been he shows so much determination and willingness to run I would imagine most folk would happily have him over Riordan in any team they supported.

did anyone read bill leckies article in the sun today about dougie imrie. he was comparing riordan and dougie saying that imrie would run 80 yards to make a tackle and didnt stop all the way through the game. while riordan is on in football for the money and is masivly overated.

good shout bill :rotflmao:

A decent enough article and one that summed up the newfound spirit at ICT since Butcher came in. Leckie highlighting the difference between Imrie and Riordan was interesting mainly because I wondered how many others had seen Deeks half baked attempt at controlling the football before turning to whinge at anyone in a green shirt nearby. Comedy gold from one of the biggest wastes of talent in the Scottish game.

Then look at Imrie. Sure he might not have the skill Riordan might have been he shows so much determination and willingness to run I would imagine most folk would happily have him over Riordan in any team they supported.

Agree that it was a good article from one of the very few journalists that I enjoy reading. Genius though giving Riordan a 2- 1 for turning up and 1 for lasting the 90 minutes :thumb04:

I don't think that too many of these comparisons are valid. Riordan was laughably bad on Saturday, but then so were most of his team. Skill wise, he's capable of more. Imrie? This is what he's capable of, and it fits well with Terry 'n June's new masterplan. And James MacFadden? I would suggest not, as above but more so.

But keep running, tackling, disrupting and (occasionally) finishing and DI's a more useful player than the other two.

Riordan is a waste of space, the kind of player that us fans hate to watch because he has so much natural ability and the platform to demonstrate it yet he continues to act like a petulant child... IMO he has lost interest in the game

Imrie on the other hand plays with raw aggression, you can tell he has a real love for the game and genuinely wants to impress the fans whatever chance he gets. He still has a lot to prove though, it's alright stringing a few good performances together but the key is maintaining that over a season and then improving the season after... I have high hopes for Imrie though

The only issue I have with Dougie is his first touch - it's often a bit heavy.

I had the luxury of seeing him in the flesh V killie and on Alba V Utd, and particularly against Utd, if he'd had a better first touch he could have won the game single-handedly.

Having said that, he works his socks off, and iff he can re-produce that free-kick v Hearts....

his free-kick on saturday was ridiculous

just think of his free-kick at tynecastle :lol:

and at the killie game when we won 3.1

Is he the only one that has scored freekicks for us??? :018: ;)

well done dougie :thumb04: :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

his free-kick on saturday was ridiculous

just think of his free-kick at tynecastle :lol:

and at the killie game when we won 3.1

Is he the only one that has scored freekicks for us??? :018: ;)

well done dougie :thumb04: :rotflmao:

cowie scored 1 agianst killie (2-2 draw)

rankin scored 2 of them agaisnt falkirk (we won 4-2)

hastings scored 1 against dunfermline (we won 2-1 i think)