FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer

CaleyMad

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Absolutely sh@te pa announcer on saturday. The best bit about a goal is being able to cheer it after the announcer reads it out, and he was so quiet i didn't even know who had scored the first goal! Then he played that dreadful bagpipes sh*t when it was only the subs, played it again when killie came out and finally got it right when the caley players come out. Bring back the other guy!!!

Thanks for your feedback everyone. To set the record straight, Ali who is our resident matchday PA announcer was away this weekend and Jud stepped in to help.

Ali will be back as normal from our next home game v St Mirren on the 4th April.

STEPPED IN :rotflmao:

Next time Ali cant make it and Jud trys to "STEP IN" tell him to STEP IN THE SEA by all means!!!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to know that things are going so well the only thing to moan about is the announcer,

Is robin williams available? GOOD AFTERNOON INVERNEEEEEEEEESSSSSS.

As we won on saturday I quickly forgot that he said Dundee as opposed to DDU when mentioning the scores and moving the mike from his mouth to announce the 50/50 draw number.

Such sad people this world breeds. Taking the p out of someone who gives up his saturday afternoon to step in and cover a job, free of charge.

Maybe some of those who mouth of should go along and audition for the position. I wonder how many could do any better in front of 4000 souls in a stadium with a reputation for atmosphere second only to McDairmid park.

I didnt say it was an easy job but there are many skilled and willing people that would be much better in the control box of tulloch staduim

cause i dont want to do it.

I was just highlighting the fact that he isnt good, and as i sed, there will be hundreds of OTHER people willing to do the job better

I didnt say it was an easy job but there are many skilled and willing people that would be much better in the control box of tulloch staduim

Maybe you should go to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium instead!

oops forgot the caledonian :rotflmao:

I was just highlighting the fact that he isnt good, and as i sed, there will be hundreds of OTHER people willing to do the job better

I'm not questioning whether or not the guy is good at the job. I do, however, question your statement of fact, highlighted above. Where are they and why are they not puting themselves forward then?

I'm not questioning whether or not the guy is good at the job. I do, however, question your statement of fact, highlighted above. Where are they and why are they not puting themselves forward then?

because we have a good announcer, its just that he wasnt there at the time

Don't even go down the "where are all the volunteers" road Alex. If ICT hadn't spent so long ignoring and p*ssing off the people who were willing and able to do things for the club in the past then they might find a few more willing participants for various things these days.

As regards the "must be a slow news week comments", the atmosphere at TCS isn't anything near what it should be which makes the matchday experience a pretty dire affair (footballing aspect aside). Like it or not, this does turn people off from going to games and it's subject that has been raised with the club on several occasions. A piper and a penalty shoot out at half time does not equate to a "great matchday experience". The announcer is the person best placed to work/lift the crowd and get them a little more upbeat, and we can all sit and say "what's the point", but until they actually try and give it a go then you can't say it wouldn't work.

I'd absolutely love to be given a crack at doing the stadium announcing, but I suspect that as much as I might get the crowd a little more fired up, the reserved nature of certain people at the club who think we should all be sitting quietly watching the football might not see me last very long.

The announcer is likely (or should be) the first person we hear when arriving at the stadium and the last we hear when leaving. They can be influential in setting the tone before the game and can be the last thing we remember when leaving.....first impressions, last impressions.....and not a job that should be underestimated or filled by someone who just so happens to be kicking about. I don't doubt that someone like Jud offered assistance with best intentions, but best intentions are no substitute for knowledge and experience.

Don't even go down the "where are all the volunteers" road Alex. If ICT hadn't spent so long ignoring and p*ssing off the people who were willing and able to do things for the club in the past then they might find a few more willing participants for various things these days.

As regards the "must be a slow news week comments", the atmosphere at TCS isn't anything near what it should be which makes the matchday experience a pretty dire affair (footballing aspect aside). Like it or not, this does turn people off from going to games and it's subject that has been raised with the club on several occasions. A piper and a penalty shoot out at half time does not equate to a "great matchday experience". The announcer is the person best placed to work/lift the crowd and get them a little more upbeat, and we can all sit and say "what's the point", but until they actually try and give it a go then you can't say it wouldn't work.

I'd absolutely love to be given a crack at doing the stadium announcing, but I suspect that as much as I might get the crowd a little more fired up, the reserved nature of certain people at the club who think we should all be sitting quietly watching the football might not see me last very long.

The announcer is likely (or should be) the first person we hear when arriving at the stadium and the last we hear when leaving. They can be influential in setting the tone before the game and can be the last thing we remember when leaving.....first impressions, last impressions.....and not a job that should be underestimated or filled by someone who just so happens to be kicking about. I don't doubt that someone like Jud offered assistance with best intentions, but best intentions are no substitute for knowledge and experience.

TOO RITE, he never mentioned the added time for a while and the substitutions werent mentioned until they were on the pitch. Adam Rooney never had a clue, not just because he couldnt see the board, but because there was no tanoy taking place.

And even when you read the line up, a bit more entusium is needed.

I would love to do this for a match, purely to be able to play some decent music and get a bit of crack.....

Very influential position, should be an extrovert at all times and I say that in all seriousness.

Can you imagine if someone like Billy Connelly was that person?

I would love to do this for a match, purely to be able to play some decent music and get a bit of crack.....

Very influential position, should be an extrovert at all times and I say that in all seriousness.

Can you imagine if someone like Billy Connelly was that person?

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: Helllllllooooooo, im billlllllllllly ;)

iv highlighted a gud point, continuing on the ict money making scheme, what about fans pay for announcing a small part in the p.a such as maybe team lines, or at half time.

Im sure some people wont mind, even a ?5 or ?10.

Whats to lose???

I doubt it was the guy on Saturday but there was a guy which was either earlier this season or towards the end of last season, (it might have been the last game of the season actually) when he was pretty poor from the start but the bit I remember is that the 45 minutes were up, the referee blew his whistle and the players wandered back down the tunnel. All of sudden on comes the announcer: "IT IS HALF TIME". Well would you believe it!

Would I do it? You bet. I actually get decent tunes playing for once and would get the crowd up to a frenzy. Sign me up!

I doubt it was the guy on Saturday but there was a guy which was either earlier this season or towards the end of last season, (it might have been the last game of the season actually) when he was pretty poor from the start but the bit I remember is that the 45 minutes were up, the referee blew his whistle and the players wandered back down the tunnel. All of sudden on comes the announcer: "IT IS HALF TIME". Well would you believe it!

Would I do it? You bet. I actually get decent tunes playing for once and would get the crowd up to a frenzy. Sign me up!

:rotflmao: yes it was, if its not the regular, its the temp :thumb04: but them comments can be pretty like "duhhhh"

Some people are missing the point here, and I think it was a good point made originally. Caley D got it spot on as well. In these days, you need to make the whole match a bit of an event which means playing decent music, working the crowd and building the atmosphere. As I said in my previous post, the song Monster should be an absolute godsend to the club to get the crowd going but they haven't twigged. A good announcer will get the crowd going which in turn will help the atmosphere which in turn helps the players which in turn makes it a much better matchday experience. I don't want to be negative but the Club has to look at things like this as I still think some of them are stuck in a time warp in the Highland League.

TOO RITE, he never mentioned the added time for a while and the substitutions werent mentioned until they were on the pitch. Adam Rooney never had a clue, not just because he couldnt see the board, but because there was no tanoy taking place.

And even when you read the line up, a bit more entusium is needed.

CD, I know what your saying and if I had the choice I'd give you the job. Thosewho run this club should pay more attention to what goes on at Tynecastle when they're there rather than being blinded by the hospitality.

Steven, there are things the announcer is not allowed to do and one of those is to announce substitutions before they are actually made. Besides, pretending not to realise your being substituted is a time wasting ploy used by many players.

well i couldnt evenn see the board and i was much closer and at the same level. Not even the ref noticed. And the board was up and the announcement took place about 30seconds after ******** (?? whoo) came on.

well i couldnt evenn see the board and i was much closer and at the same level. Not even the ref noticed. And the board was up and the announcement took place about 30seconds after ******** (?? whoo) came on.

A substitution cannot be made without the refs permission and he doesn't need to see the board because the fourth official would already have communicated via intercom.

I was home two and a half years ago and went to a pre-season friendly match over at Clach Park. ICT were playing Clach and ICT won 6-0 or something like that. The Clach announcer that day was hilarious. Throwing in really funny comments and quips as he did the announcing. He kept the crowd on their toes wondering what he was going to say next.

At half time he announced the attendance of the crowd at the match. From memory it went something like this - today's attendance is 760 people, two dogs and a bike!

You had to be there. It was very funny because you could see the two dogs running around the park and the bike parked over by the exit. I think someone said his name was Billy. Can't remember his surname but he had a grand old Inverness accent. Maybe they should recruit him for the job at ICT.

I was home two and a half years ago and went to a pre-season friendly match over at Clach Park. ICT were playing Clach and ICT won 6-0 or something like that. The Clach announcer that day was hilarious. Throwing in really funny comments and quips as he did the announcing. He kept the crowd on their toes wondering what he was going to say next.

At half time he announced the attendance of the crowd at the match. From memory it went something like this - today's attendance is 760 people, two dogs and a bike!

You had to be there. It was very funny because you could see the two dogs running around the park and the bike parked over by the exit. I think someone said his name was Billy. Can't remember his surname but he had a grand old Inverness accent. Maybe they should recruit him for the job at ICT.

That would be Billy Nelson. He still does the Clach PA and often plays tracks from his own CD, including the legendary "Westering Home To The Ferry."

Edited by Charles Bannerman