FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Jailend Being Wound Up

tm4tj

This site almost closed down not so very long ago because of the abuse being recieved. Abuse to anyone on any forum is uncalled for and unnecessary.

As I understand it, Jailender.com is the website and overthebridge.info is the forum. They were once completely separate but sort of merged to become one. The forum will "remain on line for for a good few months yet" according to the owner and he also says that he "hope(s) that the forum can continue in some way". I hope he can achieve that somehow.

Taking all the uncertainty aside, I can completely understand, sympathise and empathise with his decision and how hard it must have been after 9 years. We have been running for 15 in one guise or another and when we pulled the plug a while back for a few days to stop and deal with the rampant abuse that was increasing exponentially on what seemed like a daily basis, it was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made. I think it proved to be the right one. We came out of it stronger, with a new more balanced moderation team, and with those fans that caused the problems either gone or equipped with a new awareness that every action has consequences.

Since our voluntary hiatus for that few days myself and Don have focussed more on development than moderating, primarily because we feel we have a good balance in attitude and opinion within our moderating team, and also because we have what we regard as two excellent senior mods (Mantis / GringoSR) who we trust to deal with any conflicts in a sensible manner. Personally, I much prefer the action of getting my hands on a developmental copy of the site, looking at it, and trying to tweak it or figure out how I can make it better, than the daily grind of moderator duties or issuing warnings, but its all part and parcel of running a site.

We (mods and admin) dont always get it right, but then again neither do posters !!! I think we all realise that, even those posters we seem to argue with from time to time. However, to be positive about it, I think one sign that things have definitely improved from those dark days was the fact that during the whole Brewster saga, there was less abuse and less moderation required than there ever was when we had to take the site offline a couple of seasons ago when there was no big story happening.

On another note, I would like to see us get to the next level and that is to get participation from more fans in other areas of the site to make us truly a "community" site ..... We welcome story submissions from fans, we welcome match reports from fans, we would like more fans to maybe make more use of the blog/gallery or other parts of the site ..... its the site users who will shape the site as it moves forward ... and that is one of the huge benefits we got when we stopped being official and reverted back to being an independent site.

Just visited the Jailend and it seems that they are getting too much hassle to continue, have a wee read, and wipe the tears away.

pass me the handkies

It used to be a most excellent crack in the old days going on there and winding them up. They would then return the compliment, in the unlikely event that they had something to wind us up about. Happy naive carefree days, pre SPL.

This Account Has Been Suspended

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Seems they've got a cash flow problem. Not a point to ridicule them on in this day and age as there's going to be a lot more of that to go around. :rotflmao:

Guest birdog

Seems they've got a cash flow problem. Not a point to ridicule them on in this day and age as there's going to be a lot more of that to go around. :rotflmao:

Feck them, I hope their club goes the same way.

Feck them, I hope their club goes the same way.

:thumb04: Quality Birdy!!

I was informed that I was too intelligent and took too much of the pisss out of the cretinous caravan dwellers. I once won a bet by winding the peg sellers up fer a whole TEN feckin pages. :lol: :015: :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

By the way call yerself stagnant4life - it is more apt.

To be honest/serious though I have to feel sorry fer the likes of the Jail Ender and Donaldo - Respect tinky ones. ;)