FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Signings For Next Season

dam17

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joseph Mbu from Cowdnebeath. An absolute tank, stonking central defender and I can't imagine too much of a fee would be needed to prise him away from 'Beath. And perhaps if we could also sign Paul McQuade, we would have signed two fantastic players, who have more than played their part in driving 'Beath to the top of the 2nd division.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely not.

He did score twice in three starts and four substitute appearances at QOS... But I do apologise for suggesting a realistic potential signing... I'll try again what about Colin (real name Jos? Bokung) a 21 year old defender who is currently playing for Deportivo Mongomo in the Equatoguinean Premier League :tonguecheek:

Isnt this more of a Wish list thread as we arnt making much in the way of Effort to sign anyone...

please do NOT post "wishlists" of players you would like to see at ICT. These are not rumours, they are opinions about players with no current connection to ICT so should go to the NON-ICT forum.

Edited by Georgeios

2.4 - Members are asked to not act as back seat moderators. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderators Team via the ?Report to Moderator? link.

Im just mearly pointing out that its a wish list on the forum, thank you for your advise ren... must not bite, I will carry out the above and in the mean time Ren you keep doing what you do...

2.4 - Members are asked to not act as back seat moderators. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderators Team via the 'Report to Moderator' link.

Which is exactly what you are doing by posting this.

2.4 - Members are asked to not act as back seat moderators. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderators Team via the 'Report to Moderator' link.

Which is exactly what you are doing by posting this.

I really wanted to point that out... you know be a cheeky so n so. but then realised that I would become the back seat mod and that vicious cycle would continue on.

ok, having read through this thread again, I am making an executive decision and moving it to non-ICT.

There is very little - if any - 'rumour' in this thread, and as per the disclaimer/advice at the top of the rumour mill forum we will move "wishlists" to the non-ICT forum as wishlists are about players who are not on our radar even though some of us might like them to be.

See that Andrew Shinnie has went back on loan to Dundee.

I dont ever know why we are not more proactive on loaning players. Fair enough we got bad eggs in the likes of Fetai and mackie but if done correctly loans can be worked superbly. John Highes at Falkirk knows how to work the system well and we should look to follow his lead. There are young hungry kids out there above the level of SFL football but would benefit greatly from 1st team football.

See that Andrew Shinnie has went back on loan to Dundee.

I dont ever know why we are not more proactive on loaning players. Fair enough we got bad eggs in the likes of Fetai and mackie but if done correctly loans can be worked superbly. John Highes at Falkirk knows how to work the system well and we should look to follow his lead. There are young hungry kids out there above the level of SFL football but would benefit greatly from 1st team football.

Perhaps the Central Belters (where I guess most of the potential loanees would be coming from) are scared to come further north than Dundee.. But yeah, if we don't already, surely we should be looking at at least trying to bring some youngsters up here. And if you go to someone like one of the OF teams I doubt they would worry too much about paying the wages..

• 1 month later...
Guest Mahonio

I am going to re-open this thread to ideas for signings for next season because it is close to the end of the season and the opening of the transfer window.

I say that our priority has to be on re-signing out of contract players but personally i would go for another couple of Centre halfs as we only have 3 at the moment (Duff, Munro and Bulvitis) or 5 if you count Proctor or Tokely but i would use them as Right backs so thats why i go for 2 CBs, 1 to replace Bulvitis if he goes and another so we can cover for injuries but if Bully stayed then just sign 1. The Midfield is fine if we sign our current ones on new contracts and the same applies to strikeforce where we will have Shane Sutherland.

I would only get rid of one out of Lionel Djebi-Zadi or Stuart Golabek as we only need to left backs and we would have 3 with Graeme Shinnie reportedly capable of playing there or it is his preferred position.

I would also CONSIDER selling Roy McBain as he is getting on a bit and he won't want to be a reserve again.

Main priorities for new conrtacts have to be Ryan Esson, Ross Tokely, Grant Munro, Jonathan Hayes, Russell Duncan, Rich Foran and Adam Rooney as they are the heart of our team but i would be delighted if all of them re-sign but i expect some may want to think about other options like we know Tokely is doing as he wants to play at a higher level before he retires.

Your thoughts are welcome on here also ok and feel free to comment on my views ok :ohmy: