FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ticket Prices.......

Libero

I notice that Motherwell have once again offered a reduced ticket price for this weekends game against St Midden, looks like ?5 for everyone.

What do you think the chances are of us offering such an incentive to boost crowds?

I havent heard how the 4 game season ticket scheme went, did this work or should the club be doing more and implementing schemes like this?

I notice that Motherwell have once again offered a reduced ticket price for this weekends game against St Midden, looks like ?5 for everyone.

What do you think the chances are of us offering such an incentive to boost crowds?

I havent heard how the 4 game season ticket scheme went, did this work or should the club be doing more and implementing schemes like this?

The club are carrying a huge wage bill at the moment with all the players broght in during the anuary window. Not sure that they can afford such generosity.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Alot of clubs should do deals like that more often. It would boost crowds and help alot of fans out cause of the credit crunch :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

The club are carrying a huge wage bill at the moment with all the players broght in during the anuary window. Not sure that they can afford such generosity.

Which player is on the most i wonder. Barrowman???

The problem is, if the club start reducing ticket prices too often then it devalues Season Tickets and could impact on future sales. Also, let's say the club decided to reduce ticket prices for the last 4 home games to a tenner....how would all those who'd purchased one of the 4 game tickets feel at having been charged more just before hand?

As I understand it, a recent survey/investigation of some sort was done across the UK looking at whether or not reducing ticket prices works for clubs, and although I don't have the full details I believe only one example existed within that of where a club halved ticket prices and saw double the crowds as a result. Since clubs can't afford to be loosing existing revenue then the simple fact is that they can't afford to reduce ticket prices.

What's the answer? If they can't reduce ticket prices (without taking a financial hit) then they have to look at adding value....and I guess it's up for discussion as to how they achieve that.

The problem is, if the club start reducing ticket prices too often then it devalues Season Tickets and could impact on future sales. Also, let's say the club decided to reduce ticket prices for the last 4 home games to a tenner....how would all those who'd purchased one of the 4 game tickets feel at having been charged more just before hand?

As I understand it, a recent survey/investigation of some sort was done across the UK looking at whether or not reducing ticket prices works for clubs, and although I don't have the full details I believe only one example existed within that of where a club halved ticket prices and saw double the crowds as a result. Since clubs can't afford to be loosing existing revenue then the simple fact is that they can't afford to reduce ticket prices.

What's the answer? If they can't reduce ticket prices (without taking a financial hit) then they have to look at adding value....and I guess it's up for discussion as to how they achieve that.

a very insightful reply, raises a few points i hadnt thought about, in particular how season ticket holders may feel devalued.

tricky situation to deal with

I reckon it would do no harm to let the kids in for free again. They are our future supporters after all. Boosted the crowd last time they did it. Don't think that would upset any season ticket holders. :rotflmao:

The reason we cant afford to reduce prices is because the board backed Brewster with funds a fortnight before firing him.

If we are in the SPL next year we need to look at ways of boosting season ticket sales, be it through different payment plans, pay-as-you-go offers or even just reducing the prices outright. Any offers we come up with need to be marketed effectively, that doesnt mean simply telling people they are available, but telling people why they should be buying them.

I have no faith whatsoever that the club could administer any change to the way they currently sell season tickets.