FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gullableness

CaleyMad

Anyone got an embarrasing story about them being to gullable. :rotflmao:

I got caught out tonight by a w@nker under the name of caleyrule :thumb04:

After just speaking about Butcher and how he could resign tomorrow, i got told he had left tonight, :018: and believed it.

Just a word of warning, dont believe anything he says ;)

Edited by stevenwebster

This was honestly the best prank ever he totally believed it

I had already said a few times to him in the convo about it unless anything happens Roy Keane has got the Ipswich job he then said what about butcher getting it and said that butcher had just reisgned thinking he wouldn't believe it but he did :rotflmao:

The strange thing is the word 'gullible' isn't an actual word. Everyone knows what it means but it's not an official part of the language as it's not listed in any dictionary.

no, it is, i just checked :rotflmao:

Whats bebo? :thumb04:

Edited by stevenwebster

• 2 weeks later...

:thumb04:

Gullableness??? Is that even a word

I don't believe it is. I suspect he means "gullibility" - and I'm not winding anyone up.

No no, it is a real work.

Look up "Gullableness" in Wilks. I was surprised too.

think we have found the 2009 version of the 'test new pictures' thread

I always wanted to say this to a moderator/admin because they used to always say it to me, but :rotflmao:

but anyhow, please explain? :018:

Read the description for the "General" forum on the way in next time....

A place for topics that dont really fit elsewhere. You can talk about any subject (within reason) in here and it wont be deemed 'off-topic'

:rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

I used to work in Tesco when I was back in Inverness during the holidays from Uni. One day, I was on checkouts and I was bored so I decided to try and wind up a few customers. In a nice way of course! My favourite was taking the hand held barcode scanner and running it over the fruit and veg a customer was buying (apples, grapefruits etc.). I was often asked what I was doing and I kept telling them that it was a brand new state of the art "Fruit / Veg Scanner" which detected if there was any bruising or damage to the product. A stunning number of people believed me.

The origins of this word were fully explained in the famous Children's classic Gullible's Travels.

This delightful story highlighted all the adventures and emotions available to us all in this lifetime, including enduring the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, sailing on an unforgettable trip in HMS Sneck to the Banana Islands under Captain Courageous aka IHE and how to read the Captain's posts and trip logs without the involuntary jerking motion of one's tongue making a bee-line for the innermost lining of one's cheek.

It was written by Daniel Defoe who also co-wrote Defoe is not Deenemy and Robinson Carousing with Edgar Allan Poe who incidentally invented chamber pots in the mid 19th century.

If you are still reading this and have not yet savoured the true essence of the feeling of the aforementioned tongue on it's unstoppable journey sideways inside your mouth then you are undoubtedly .........

GULLIVER.

:024:

This was honestly the best prank ever he totally believed it

I had already said a few times to him in the convo about it unless anything happens Roy Keane has got the Ipswich job he then said what about butcher getting it and said that butcher had just reisgned thinking he wouldn't believe it but he did :lol:

I don't believe what he says. He's the one that tells me all this stuff about caley and half of it ain't true. like he said no caley players would have attended the supporters night. but they all did :P !

but some of the stuff he says is pretty much true :024: !

I used to work in Tesco when I was back in Inverness during the holidays from Uni. One day, I was on checkouts and I was bored so I decided to try and wind up a few customers. In a nice way of course! My favourite was taking the hand held barcode scanner and running it over the fruit and veg a customer was buying (apples, grapefruits etc.). I was often asked what I was doing and I kept telling them that it was a brand new state of the art "Fruit / Veg Scanner" which detected if there was any bruising or damage to the product. A stunning number of people believed me.

:cute01::lol:B)

In Elgin Tesco's, this woman (mid 40's) was trying to scan a bag of loose apples on the self checkout :lol: