FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team For Hamilton

Renegade

Some of the biggest and most legendary names in football over the past 50 years were guys who were capable of playing in a wide range of positions.

Interested to who you had in mind?

Steven George Gerrard, MBE (IPA: [ˈdʒɛrɑ:rotflmao:]; born 30 May 1980) is an English footballer who plays for English Premier League club Liverpool F.C. and the England national team. He is usually employed in the central midfield role, although he has also played as a right-sided midfielder and a second striker.

Mike I could go on & on & on about great footballers who could play in a variety of positions...

Owen Hargreeves, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rikjard, Jari Litmanen, Luis Enrique, Carsten Ramelow, Franz Beckenbauer, Andreas Moller, Giovanni Van Bronkhorst, Dave Ghrol.......

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the biggest and most legendary names in football over the past 50 years were guys who were capable of playing in a wide range of positions.

Steven George Gerrard, MBE (IPA: [ˈdʒɛrɑ:rotflmao:]; born 30 May 1980) is an English footballer who plays for English Premier League club Liverpool F.C. and the England national team. He is usually employed in the central midfield role, although he has also played as a right-sided midfielder and a second striker.

Mike I could go on & on & on about great footballers who could play in a variety of positions...

Owen Hargreeves, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rikjard, Jari Litmanen, Luis Enrique, Carsten Ramelow, Franz Beckenbauer, Andreas Moller, Giovanni Van Bronkhorst, Dave Ghrol.......

As much as i enjoyed the Grohl comment, you can't really count Litmanen as a legendary name :thumb04:

Dougie Imrie aswel played in midfield and is now a striker :thumb04:

As much as i enjoyed the Grohl comment, you can't really count Litmanen as a legendary name :thumb04:

Can so!

Renegade, in all the games we have played since TB took over, he has stuck to a 4-4-2, why would he change now?

Cause ICT really need to win and score as many goals as possible to stay up.

Pavels at right side of defence would be a disaster, he would be like a fish out of water.

I haven't put Mihadjuks at right-back, he's at right centre-back, where he normally plays.

Djebi-Zadi in middle of midfield, what have you seen that would suggest that he would be effective there?

Well he's big, he's quick and he's got some slinky skills, just what someone in that position could do with. Also in the the Celtic reserve game a few months back there was a moment towards the end where Lionel ran into this position and managed to pass the whole Celtic team. It was great to watch.

Putting so many forward players on would just leave you open at the back for their counter attacks.

Not necessarily, I'd tell Munro to stay back most the time just incase.

Renegade, in all the games we have played since TB took over, he has stuck to a 4-4-2, why would he change now?

I don't think Renegade is trying to guess the team Butcher will put out (pretty damn sure of it in fact), instead, Renegade's saying the team that he would put out if he was the manager.

Exactly, the thread aint called "Guess Butcher's Team", it' the team YOU would play, and that's the sort of team I'd play.

And you have to get used to Renegade's teams. They're a little different to the norm. In fact I'd love to see us safe and Renegade be made manager for the day, so we could see just what would happen with some of the player selections he usually makes, especially Tokely and Djebi-Zadi. It would be an interesting experiment, if nothing else.

Wow I'd love that, but I reckon that after my one game in charge (which we'd have probably won by a huge amount) the club would be giving Terry the old heave ho and give me the job for good. First the top six, then the SPL! They'd have to get used to me on the touch line though, I would make Neil Warnock look like the Dalai Lama. Whenever Butcher goes I reckon I'll start a campaign to get me as manager. Come on vote for me, you know it makes sense.

I'd also go along with a Pele-esque 3-5-2 and try to knock a few past the Accies:

-------------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------

--------------Mihadjuks-------------Tokely--------------Munro-------------------

-------------------------Black------------------Vigurs-----------------------------

---Morais--------------------------Djebi-Zadi-----------------------Imrie--------

-------------------Barrowman-----------------------Foran------------------------

Subs - Fraser, Kerr, Rooney, Gathuessi/Odhiambo, Proctor/McBain, Duff, Hastings

I'd also go along with an attacking 3-5-2 with Mihadjuks slotted in at right-centre-back, with Munro slotted back in (along as he doesn't start that useless hoofing rubbish) so his partnership with Tokely can continue. Black and Vigurs in there to ping the ball to either wing (with the midfield playing as wide as possible. Foran and Barrowman up front with big Lionel sitting just behind so he can run at the Accies defence.

why do you always put players wildly out of position? Is it to encourage debate, or are you unfortunate enough to have received your education courtesy of Inverness High school?

Thankfully not.

As much as i enjoyed the Grohl comment, you can't really count Litmanen as a legendary name :rotflmao:

Yes he was. He was the best player in Holland for years. No easy feat. A quick browse on Wiki reveals a few other things:

"Litmanen spent seven years in Amsterdam, winning four Dutch championships and three Dutch Cups. He is the club's top scorer in European competition with 24 goals in 44 matches. Litmanen owns the honour of being one of just three players presented in a special video featurette at the Ajax Museum. The other two are Marco van Basten and Johan Cruyff."

"The Association of Football Statisticians' (The AFS) compendium of 'Greatest Ever Footballers' listed Litmanen as the 53rd best footballer ever"

"In 2008 he was invited to represent the Rest of the World in the 10th anniversary charity game, arranged in honour of French 1998 World Cup winning team, along with players like Gabriel Batistuta, Luis Figo and Davor Suker."

I can only think you doubt he was a great player due to his injury-plagued time at Liverpool and the fact he played for a below average international team.

Wow I'd love that, but I reckon that after my one game in charge (which we'd have probably won by a huge amount) the club would be giving Terry the old heave ho and give me the job for good. First the top six, then the SPL! They'd have to get used to me on the touch line though, I would make Neil Warnock look like the Dalai Lama. Whenever Butcher goes I reckon I'll start a campaign to get me as manager. Come on vote for me, you know it makes sense.

So.... the "Get Butcher Out" campaign started here!

Time to change your signature Renegade?

Esson

Tokely Pavels Munro McBain

Morais Kerr Black Imrie

Foran Rooney

Thought Tokely was immense last week, but Pavels is still a more comfortable CB and also provides an aerial threat from set pieces. I suspect there may be a few hard tackles going in tomorrow.

Really not sure who I would have to partner Foran up front. I'd like to see Odihambo's pace paired with Foran's presence, but I assume Odihambo is still injured. I've plumped for Rooney because I think he's a little quicker than Barrowman and has a better goalscoring record, even though Barrowman worked hard dropping deep last week and Rooney didn't do much when he came on.