FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's The Best Player You've Ever Seen

Renegade

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having enjoyed watching football in Milan, many top players come to mind but the biggest footballing impact (his ability in comparison to those around him) was Zolten Varga, played for Aberdeen in the early 70's when banned by his own country.

I remember him beating Rangers, all on his own, in the Semi final of the cup at Hampden. He shielded the ball, keeping it on the half way line as he went to the centre spot and back towards the wing. Big John Greig was not a happy bunny and did not appreciate the skills and sent the ball and Varga up in the air. Varga rode the challenge and took the resultant free kick and sat it on the centre halfs head, in the penalty box, with an enormous curve on the ball, unusual in those days. It was a simple job for big Willie Young to nod it home for the biggest 1-0 steal ever!!

An amazing player, at that time.

Think he means to actually see the player in the flesh playing.

For me Maradona at Hampden in 1979 when Argentina were the visiting world champions, in recent times Laudrup was not only a brill player but a true professional.

I've seen some great players against Scotland playing for teams like France, Italy, Germany, Holland and Argentina. Even smaller nations have the odd gem in them like Belarus (Hleb), Iceland (Gudjonsson), Ukraine (Shevcchenko and Voronin). But the player that I've enjoyed watching the most in International games?..... James McFadden. :blink:

Isn't there a thread like this already :blink:

Its got to be McGeady, although he doesn't preform at his best against Caley Thistle, i do think he is the best player i have seen play against us.

McGeady ? How old are you ?

Yes McGeady, i havent really seen any other good players play against Inverness that has provided more of a threat to us than Aidan McGeady.

BTW am 16, 17 soon :blink::lol:

McGeady ? How old are you ?

Yes McGeady, i havent really seen any other good players play against Inverness that has provided more of a threat to us than Aidan McGeady.

BTW am 16, 17 soon :P :blink:

Kris Boyd and Larsson (in the cup game) provide more of a threat that what mcgeady can