FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contracts (merged)

CaleyP

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnboy, I think you have the wrong end of the stick!!

Nobody is stating that they will definitely take us right up - YOU are stating that they will not!!

The board have pledged to support TB & MM in a "straight back up policy" - our board have always been complete masters of spin, of course!

If there is any proving to be done, I would suggest that it is by your goodself and one year from now you can post a big 'HA HA, I told you so', to all the posters that said that we would definitely be back up - not many, I would suspect or post a big 'I'M SORRY' if we make it.

I'd be delighted to come on here in a year's time and do just that!

To be continually negative regarding our current management team seems a tad disrespectful considering we almost managed to survive.

We had virtually survived until the last 3 games - which we completely fecked up -no one from management could come out and admit mistakes were made re tactics and team selection.

Don't give me the Rossco-out-of-position crap as your choice for centre back would have given away 2 penalties - now you prove me wrong!!

My choice for CB would have been Mihadjuks - how many penalties has he conceeded playing for us?

Now I accept that our manager came on here with negatives coming from his sojourn in English management but on the evidence of his short stint at ICT, I would suggest we saw more positives than that shown by his predecessor (I also grant you that would not be too difficult)

Agreed!

Maybe it is a time for both sides to stand back and see what the management team are made of.

Well as I said on another thread, if we are not in the top 3 in Div 1 after 12 games, TB and MM's positions should be reviewed.

I wonder if all the players who do have contracts would have been kept/offered new deals if they'd been free agents?

Dont know the answer to that other than Butcher said he would want to keep only those he wanted.

Whilst researching something else I came across a piece of little known info. It is an SFL rule that a club can have no more than 22 players in the squad who are over 21. So as thinks stand at the minute we have 8 over 21 and 3 under.

I wonder if all the players who do have contracts would have been kept/offered new deals if they'd been free agents?

Dont know the answer to that other than Butcher said he would want to keep only those he wanted.

Whilst researching something else I came across a piece of little known info. It is an SFL rule that a club can have no more than 22 players in the squad who are over 21. So as thinks stand at the minute we have 8 over 21 and 3 under.

Anyone got any info on which under 19 players have been let go??

Anyone got any info on which under 19 players have been let go??

Not sure that they can be unless they are at the end of their apprenticeship.

odhiambo looking for a better deal with an spl club?

again a bit of vigurs syndrome going on there, he has only played a handful of games, scored just the one goal (alright he did look like a great wee player on saturday) and then he thinks he justifies a move to an spl club?

I would have thought a team like ICT under a manager who believes in him would be an ideal position for Odhiambo. He's never had a prolonged first team run in his life!

Vigurs - big mistake! Could really shine in the forthcoming years. If Morais goes, then we'll really struggle to get some attacking midfield talent in of that quality.

My choice for CB would have been Mihadjuks - how many penalties has he conceeded playing for us?

I would ask you against Falkirk who would you put the blame on for their winning goal? In the 4 - 0 game who cost us the 2nd & 3rd goal which then contributed to the keeper being sent off, as he had to concede a penalty?

I would ask you against Falkirk who would you put the blame on for their winning goal? In the 4 - 0 game who cost us the 2nd & 3rd goal which then contributed to the keeper being sent off, as he had to concede a penalty?

The 4-0 game was a nightmare for several of our players....

I certainly wouldn't have blamed Mihadjuks for Falkirks winning goal on Saturday... The cross came in from the left back area.... Lionel should have tried to prevent that.... It was a good finish by Higden....

considering we went down by a margin of two goals you could pick any game we lost or even drew over the course of the season and make a case that an error by any player cost us our place in the SPL. If one of our losses was a draw we would have stayed up, if one of our draws was a win we would have stayed up, if we had scored three more goals over the course of the season (less if it was in a St Mirren game) we would have stayed up.

No single player is at fault 100%, Craig Brewster is not at fault 100%, Terry Butcher is not at fault 100%, and the board are not at fault 100% ..... We will all lay blame in different places and in different percentages but the simple fact is all have played their part in the 'perfect storm' that led to our demise.

We screwed up the last few weeks of the season with Butcher in charge, We screwed up the first half of the season with Brewster in charge, the board screwed up by persisting with Brewster when it was obvious to all that he was done, and the players didnt perform as well as they could in various parts of the season. At the end of it it meant we were bottom and we were bottom on our own merit or lack thereof so lets get away from the blame game and concentrate on the rebuilding job.

Higdon got in front of Pavels, he was wrong side, in the 4-0 game the 2nd goal was a pathetic attempt by Pavels to cut out the through ball and the 3rd he got caught wrong side and was slow to react, no surprise that he was the one to get hooked when Esson went off, don't think he started again after that until the last game! 3/4th choice from Latvian league, I wonder why?

The tragedy is that all the flair players will be gone in the next few weeks and we'll be left with the sluggers. Looks like Lionel will be our most creative player next season, if he stays.

I think it's safe to say that Foran & Morais will be away as I don't think they will be short of offers.

Kerr & Odhiambo are at best maybe's and Proctor, McBain & Lionel will doubtless stay as no one else will want them

considering we went down by a margin of two goals you could pick any game we lost or even drew over the course of the season and make a case that an error by any player cost us our place in the SPL. If one of our losses was a draw we would have stayed up, if one of our draws was a win we would have stayed up, if we had scored three more goals over the course of the season (less if it was in a St Mirren game) we would have stayed up.

No single player is at fault 100%, Craig Brewster is not at fault 100%, Terry Butcher is not at fault 100%, and the board are not at fault 100% ..... We will all lay blame in different places and in different percentages but the simple fact is all have played their part in the 'perfect storm' that led to our demise.

We screwed up the last few weeks of the season with Butcher in charge, We screwed up the first half of the season with Brewster in charge, the board screwed up by persisting with Brewster when it was obvious to all that he was done, and the players didnt perform as well as they could in various parts of the season. At the end of it it meant we were bottom and we were bottom on our own merit or lack thereof so lets get away from the blame game and concentrate on the rebuilding job.

I can't argue with any of that, but I have to say the last three games with Butcher in charge were very hard to take, especially as it did look like he had got us into a safe position.

Even now I still can't believe we're in Div 1...

Foran and Morais could well be away come next season but we have to remember TB and MM have being around a few clubs and know a few managers so they will no what players to have a look at and maybe get them to sign

I think he can forget about an SPL trying to sign him.

How?

You ask far too many questions.

Odhiambo isn't going to an SPL club because i don't think he is quite good enough to play SPL football week in week out.

Foran and Morais are however and if both go then we lose 2 key players. I can only hope TB's history with Foran can convince him to stay.

I think he can forget about an SPL trying to sign him.

How?

You ask far too many questions.

Odhiambo isn't going to an SPL club because i don't think he is quite good enough to play SPL football week in week out.

Foran and Morais are however and if both go then we lose 2 key players. I can only hope TB's history with Foran can convince him to stay.

Its always good to hear peoples reasons thats why i ask so many questions :P ok?