FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Someone Stole The Pitch!

Drochit Blue

you'd have thought the Northern constabulary would have noticed someone walking past with several acres of turf, but then they can't even catch the culbokie road rats when they have a sign outside on of their houses!

If, as seems to be the case, ICT are relaying the pitch for next season....why don't they build a slope into the right-back areas so that Tokely will always be running downhill when chasing nippy left-wingers?

If, as seems to be the case, ICT are relaying the pitch for next season....why don't they build a slope into the right-back areas so that Tokely will always be running downhill when chasing nippy left-wingers?

Would that not also help the nippy left-wingers as well as Rosscoe? :lol:

The pitch would have been covered with sand/fertiliser after the end of the season to help the grass recover. it certainly looks like a desert at the moment.

By the way, the Japanese have developed a new fertiliser. It has been developed to help the grass grow quickly and yet easy to keep short. It is impregnated with whisky and apparently the grass comes up half cut.

whats happened to the pitch? Hope its fine! :rotflmao:

Last seen on a flight to Benidorm, away for a wee holiday or to de-stress, as they now call it.

It, no doubt, will return with the traditional donkey, straw hat, BIG hangover and green acres.

As long as it remembers its factor 50 :blink:

Why doesnt the touchlines where the linesman run up and down, get replaced with astroturf?

It would stop the funny moments of linemans falling over anD also the games would be called off less often.

Might it be worth while getting it ?

As long as it remembers its factor 50 :rotflmao:

1. Why doesnt the touchlines where the linesman run up and down, get replaced with astroturf?

2. It would stop the funny moments of linemans falling over anD also the games would be called off less often.

1. Because players at times slide over it... ooooch have you ever slid on it?

2. in what way would the lines having astro on them stop the game being called off? seen as its the pitch (not so much the line) getting water logged, frozen or covered in snow that gets the game called off....

As long as it remembers its factor 50 B)

1. Why doesnt the touchlines where the linesman run up and down, get replaced with astroturf?

2. It would stop the funny moments of linemans falling over anD also the games would be called off less often.

2. in what way would the lines having astro on them stop the game being called off? seen as its the pitch (not so much the line) getting water logged, frozen or covered in snow that gets the game called off....

Take it you've never been to East End Park, and btw the whole pitch used to be astroturf and its sore for ma hand cause iv stroked it :angry:

As long as it remembers its factor 50 :(

Take it you've never been to East End Park, and btw the whole pitch used to be astroturf and its sore for ma hand cause iv stroked it :blink:

oh my thats told me then :D yes ive been to east end park but that still doesnt answer my questions about games being called off if its just the lines?

Ironically it's the USH that's resulted in our pitch needing some major work during the closed season. It's installation reduced the drainage capacity which meant it had to be left on for long spells over the winter and this damaged the roots. Those higher up in the stands (especially the main stand) would have seen a "grid" pattern on the pitch caused by grass not growing as it should have been.

Ironically it's the USH that's resulted in our pitch needing some major work during the closed season. It's installation reduced the drainage capacity which meant it had to be left on for long spells over the winter and this damaged the roots. Those higher up in the stands (especially the main stand) would have seen a "grid" pattern on the pitch caused by grass not growing as it should have been.

From the north stand you can see lines where the USH is. It is early heat marks where the grass has burnt away, or just where the grass roots have not recovered from the laydown 4-5 years ago. Will TCS be using the heating in the first division as surely it must cost alot of money to be generated and powered on.

that still doesnt answer my questions about games being called off if its just the lines?

I have heard on the radio that cup games/ league games have been called off because of the lines waterlogged. The only reason that happened was because the linesmans had complained due to the slight chance they may pick up an injury running on basically what was march land. The only problem i found with that, was the question that has been stuck in my mind since i heard it a year or two ago. Why cant linesmans ran down the opposite part of the pitch, where the grass hasnt been used as much as the normal lines?

If anyone has the answer, please let me know. Its been bugging me for a while now.