FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

May Not Be As Bad As We Think

Alex MacLeod

Reading THIS STATEMENT on the official site perhaps things are a little more positive than fans are making out on a number of different threads.

Danny has left, and I wish him all the best for the future, but there are enough others in place to continue his work. People are taking paycuts and George Fraser sounds very positive about the new structure.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Dof F now only works for his expenses. Still a luxury we cannot afford.

First bit of positive news to come out of the club and its slated already..... :lol:

wonder how many other people out there would give up a salary if the company they worked for ran into trouble

Guest birdog

Reading that statement it sounds like a direct response to some of the issues raised on here. I have not had time to think about the statement and it's contents other than the fact that DALNEIGHCALEY picked up on that it looks like Mr Fraser reads the forum. Is this not what everyone wants? The chairman reading (listening) to our concerns and answering them? Could this be the first step in the process? I say give the BoD a chance to show us what their plans are, to show us that we are being concidered in the future of our club. If they feck up again we can act but is it not time to give these guys another chance?

Welcome the statement from the club, even if it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Yeah, why dont we just tell him where to go and that he should take the support of his company with him. Get real.

What company is that then Alex?

Let's not flatter ourselves, its got nothing to do with this forum.

What is true is that the club has been working for weeks (if not months) on the restructuring and going through the proper process of redundancy consultation. Now they have announced the outcome.

Some folk here chose to get themselves into a frenzy about things that may or may not happen, basically assuming the worst of the people in charge.

Welcome the statement from the club, even if it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Yeah, why dont we just tell him where to go and that he should take the support of his company with him. Get real.

What company is that then Alex?

I understand he is still involved with Cairngorm Windows. A company who advertise at TCS

Let's not flatter ourselves, its got nothing to do with this forum.

What is true is that the club has been working for weeks (if not months) on the restructuring and going through the proper process of redundancy consultation. Now they have announced the outcome.

Some folk here chose to get themselves into a frenzy about things that may or may not happen, basically assuming the worst of the people in charge.

Totally agree.

Reading that statement it sounds like a direct response to some of the issues raised on here. I have not had time to think about the statement and it's contents other than the fact that DALNEIGHCALEY picked up on that it looks like Mr Fraser reads the forum. Is this not what everyone wants? The chairman reading (listening) to our concerns and answering them? Could this be the first step in the process? I say give the BoD a chance to show us what their plans are, to show us that we are being concidered in the future of our club. If they feck up again we can act but is it not time to give these guys another chance?

:lol: :clapping03: :clapping03: . Like I said already in another thread, we have to play our part and crucifying people at every turn is not the way to do it. As noted, the chairman's comments seem to address many of the exact things raised on here and whether you believe every word or perhaps just the outline, it IS a positive comment.

sadly, I feel some will still use this approach :107: :comp01: :argue:

Well, Sir, if this was already in the public domain, I for one did not know this nor did the above posters!

If this knowledge had been shared, by you, earlier, a lot of negative posting could have been avoided as the lack of info from within was fueling comment.

Now there is substance, posters will get their heads round it!

No doubt Monday could also offer further info.

Well, Sir, if this was already in the public domain, I for one did not know this nor did the above posters!

If this knowledge had been shared, by you, earlier, a lot of negative posting could have been avoided as the lack of info from within was fueling comment.

Now there is substance, posters will get their heads round it!

No doubt Monday could also offer further info.

All the information in the statement appears on this site. It might not be dressed up in the same manner, but it is there.

Totally agree with your point on sharing information sooner rather than later to avoid negative posting....but I fail to see how you can say that it is my position to be doing that...I'm not a club representative!!!

Glad you finally agree with us about the importance of the club sharing information and having been tardy in that department though.

I thought our DoF basically was on an expenses only agreement as it was.....which i thought totalled about ?50 000 last year?

No, that was salary.

He was receiving an Emolument, which is basically compensation/payment for services and is intended to offset loss of income from elsewhere as a result of time spent on Director Duties. It's very likely to be a combination of salary and expenses.

yup - that is my understanding too.

If he is giving up the salary part and only claiming legitimate expenses, then I do not have a problem with that.

Whoever is in that position or fulfilling the duties of that position be it called Director of Football or something else would be claiming the same thing. I have an inkling that our chief exec (now called General Manager), who has also taken a substantial paycut, and who is the one who tries to make the books balance, will keep a close eye on all expenses ..........

Guest birdog

All the information in the statement appears on this site. It might not be dressed up in the same manner, but it is there.

Totally agree with your point on sharing information sooner rather than later to avoid negative posting....but I fail to see how you can say that it is my position to be doing that...I'm not a club representative!!!

Glad you finally agree with us about the importance of the club sharing information and having been tardy in that department though.

CaleyD even though all the information does indeed appear on this site do you not find it encouraging that a statement has been issued through official means addressing the debates which have been raging on here?

The statement may or may not turn out to be true but at least we now have official word as to the intent of the club and it's directors on issues which have been the cause of heated discussions on here. They have commited themselves to the continued development of the youth policy, even if it is in a smaller set-up even going as far as to explain the monetary reasons behind their stance, they have addressed the issue of two of the employees, DoF and Chief exec, whose positions have been a big discussion point on here and have explained the need for redundencies and wage drops amoungst other staff. There is a statement of thanks to the fans for their support in the area of season ticket purchases and the final part of the statement asks for patience until the restructuring process is completed.

I think we should show that patience for we now have what is basically a statement of intent from the club, I get the feeling that, given the call for patience while the restructuring process is completed, this statement has been released before the club wanted to in response to some of the fans comments on here and while I am sceptical about anything released from the club I think that this shows the level of communication is rising. I am willing to give them the patience requested until it is proved that these guys have not changed. New season, new start. I do want to see results and I will be the first to start shouting if these results (not just talking about on the field) don't materialise but I'm giving them the chance.