FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialists...

Libero

What i can gather from the papers today:

- 3 Dutch trialists were due this week but only one has turned up and is expected to play tonight (the other two trialists are waiting to hear from their clubs)

- Ricky Shakes trial has ended and he is keen to remain in England for personal reasons

- Former Aberdeen keeper Greg Kelly is on trial with the club this week

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- 3 Dutch trialists were due this week but only one has turned up and is expected to play tonight (the other two trialists are waiting to hear from their clubs)

- Ricky Shakes trial has ended and he is keen to remain in England for personal reasons

Total heap of rubbish

Total heap of rubbish

This comment is being moderated by Johndo McKenzie

:D

Edited by caleymad

This article was done with Butcher on Friday evening and since then the situation has changed

NOW

2 of the 3 trailists are now with the club and the other one should be joining on thurs/fri

Ricky Shakes is still on trial with the club and could play a part tonight

Butcher is interested in Kelly but he is not currently on trial with the club

Regarding the english trailists 2 more will join up with the squad on monday

Total heap of rubbish

bet he read it from the daily sun :lol:

This article was done with Butcher on Friday evening and since then the situation has changed

NOW

2 of the 3 trailists are now with the club and the other one should be joining on thurs/fri

Guys - just because you have closer knowledge of this and the situation may have changed over the space of a few days, its a bit unfair to slag someone off for quoting from a legitimate article that was in a paper (or website) that tends to get things right .... : http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1296068

Total heap of rubbish

bet he read it from the daily sun :lol:

Looks like P&J actually and they are usually reasonably accurate: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1296068 ... care to back up your assertions that its a load of **** ???

According to the article, these are direct quotes from Butcher

"There were three Dutch players due to come over for a trial with us but only one did. The other two are waiting on phone calls from Dutch clubs and we are still working on getting players up from England as well."

"Former Aberdeen goalkeeper Greg Kelly is a player we have looked at and there are a lot of players out of work and a lot who still haven?t got pre-season lined up".

Only quote I cant find is the Ricky Shakes one.

As i said this article was done on friday evening and not sure how it took so long to publish

One trialist had arrived by then and its now 2 and the other one is coming on thurs/fri

Yes we have looked at greg kelly but he is not on trial

edited my post since you quoted me, but dont think you are being very fair in using your insider knowledge to slag off someone else who is quoting from a legitimate article albeit one that is now out of date despite only being published today.

The situation sounds like it has improved from that article so that is good.

edited my post since you quoted me, but dont think you are being very fair in using your insider knowledge to slag off someone else who is quoting from a legitimate article albeit one that is now out of date despite only being published today.

The situation sounds like it has improved from that article so that is good.

If it looks like i was slagging him off it was not meant too, so sorry for that

I am not sure what has taken the article so long to be published but that cant be changed i suppose

Total heap of rubbish

if you do have problems with what i posted please forward your superior knowledge and disapproval of their mis-infomed articles to the editors of the press and journal, the inverness courier and the daily express respectively

Total heap of rubbish

bet he read it from the sun :lol:

wrong assumption there, dont read that particular rag :rolleyes:

the ricky shakes situation is taking from todays inverness courier and i QUOTE (lads that means it came from an actual paper):

One player who will definately not be joining inverness, however, is Trinidad and toabgo internationalist Ricky Shakes. The 24 year old former Swindon Town, Brentford and Ebbsfleet United winger had spent a short time on trial with Caley Thistle towards the end of last week , but is keen to remain in England for personal reasons
Edited by Libero

Total heap of rubbish

interesting, i think you should check your sources before rubbishing someone elses!

if you do have problems with what i posted please forward your superior knowledge and disapproval of their mis-infomed articles to the editors of the press and journal, the inverness courier and the daily express respectively

Total heap of rubbish

the ricky shakes situation is taking from todays inverness courier and i QUOTE (lads that means it came from an actual paper):

One player who will definately not be joining inverness, however, is Trinidad and toabgo internationalist Ricky Shakes. The 24 year old former Swindon Town, Brentford and Ebbsfleet United winger had spent a short time on trial with Caley Thistle towards the end of last week , but is keen to remain in England for personal reasons

Well he is still on trial and may be playing a part tonight depending so cant see where they get this from

Total heap of rubbish

interesting, i think you should check your sources before rubbishing someone elses!

Total heap of rubbish

Well he is still on trial and may be playing a part tonight depending so cant see where they get this from

i must remember to disregard the courier from now on then

I removed my post once a link was provided.

I removed my post once a link was provided.

still no need to assume i was a 'sun reader', i'm deeply offended! :lol:

Ha ha, very apt pic. Anyway, hope people can keep us informed about the names of the trialists, its bargain basement time and the biscuit tin is being tapped! I still think we can bounce back and win the league with the squad we have as we are the most stable team to have gone down from the SPL in years. Good to see the net is being cast wide, but i still think England will have the most riches.

NOW

:lol:

Ricky Shakes did not play tonight nor was he on the bench and Greg Kelly played the entire second half of the friendly tonight as a trialist, see here for the official club report

NOW

FAKE

Its been published in the courier (highly relable :lol:) that he has gone

No trialists played a part tonight.

Greg Kelly?

Does he not count

Was that Greg Kelly?

I think i remember reading on the official website that Greg Kelly replaced Esson at Half time