Trialists...

Libero

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought eagle was shocking in the elgin game. In my point of view he was scared of anyone who ran towards him and he didnt get stuck in enough. But i fot every other trialist was good especially De wagt(number 17).

I think we should sign all the trialists accept for eagle. I can see a lot of fans getting frustrated with eagle.

I thought eagle was shocking in the elgin game. In my point of view he was scared of anyone who ran towards him and he didnt get stuck in enough. But i fot every other trialist was good especially De wagt(number 17).

I think we should sign all the trialists accept for eagle. I can see a lot of fans getting frustrated with eagle.

I agree with De wagt he was great on the back line, young, big built, not scared to get stuck in..

As for Eagle's... in my IMO you are so far off the mark with him, after all hes left sided and was playing on the right side in the second half and still managed a goal.. which last seasson we were lacking in both.. Goals and some left sided players.. the man was fantastic IMO all the same, remined me of a young Danny Macdonald in style and looks lol!!

Eagles was, Fast, problimatic for the defence (Citys), got in space, has a touch, if you remember he set foran on the run for the goal on more than one occasion and also put the ball to forans feet just before he took it round there keeper gifting the goal to barrowloads. as well as scoring himself, he had a hand it all 3 goals.. layed on one, im sure he was taken down for the pen and scored one himself.....

I agree with De wagt he was great on the back line, young, big built, not scared to get stuck in..

As for Eagle's... in my IMO you are so far off the mark with him, after all hes left sided and was playing on the right side in the second half and still managed a goal.. which last seasson we were lacking in both.. Goals and some left sided players.. the man was fantastic IMO all the same, remined me of a young Danny Macdonald in style and looks lol!!

Eagles was, Fast, problimatic for the defence (Citys), got in space, has a touch, if you remember he set foran on the run for the goal on more than one occasion and also put the ball to forans feet just before he took it round there keeper gifting the goal to barrowloads. as well as scoring himself, he had a hand it all 3 goals.. layed on one, im sure he was taken down for the pen and scored one himself.....

Rooney was taken down for the penalty . I fot eagle was quite good in the first half but i fot he was poor in the second. Tokely and cox(who was fantastic)were playing balls to him all night and he just lost it the majority of the time. The only thing i fot he did right was score,sorry.

Thats fair enough big yin, your right It was Rooney taken down but Eagle played him in the box, in the second half he was played on the right n was wrong footed most of the time so fair one there, in the first half he was on the left, so played on the left i think he'll be a weapon, he played a few of our chances in to the box IMO.

Seemingly Eagle played left back at times for Norwich reserves so thats another string to his bow. With what has been said about reduced squad size and utility players.

100% Tops Off Agree!

That's some contradiction of your previous point :lol:

de Wagt, Holwijn, Kelly and if we can Eagle.

I think Holwijn is required more as we have no right midfielder, whereas on the left we have Imrie and McBain for cover.

I think we really need Eagle, we need width, someone who can whip the ball into the strikers with accuracy.. Get that happening and even Barrowman might start to look good.

Barrowmans not looked to bad the last few games I've watched, Dare I say it but he's looked better than Rooney ( I did say before the Roon was the one to watch.. )

Back on topic though, If we played four in the middle from left to right I'd be looking at RE - DI - RF - LC what a middle line that would be LC could run and run up and down on the right with RE doing the same on the Right with DI and RF running forward , 2 attacking down the middle and 2 defence on the wings with the legs to take the fight to them too...

I thought eagle was shocking in the elgin game. In my point of view he was scared of anyone who ran towards him and he didnt get stuck in enough.

Its difficult for trialists as these lads are playing without a contract and while of course they will want to do their best to win a contract it must be in the back of their mind if they go in for crunching tackles they might get injured and be without a living for the coming season

Butcher offering Eagles a contract

Eagles to be offered a deal.

de Wagt and Holwijn not being offered contracts.

Still looking at others.

Great news about Eagles, not so for De Wagt, I rated him but oh well, TB has a plan who are we do judge.

In saying that, I may have my wires crossed, I seem to have a mentle block as to who it was playing Center back V Elgin, was it Bulvitis or De Wagt?

Edited by georgeios

That's pretty funky news about Eagles. Not been to any of the matches but from what Ive saw on youtube and from what people have said here, sounds like he could be a good asset. As for de Wagt, thought he might have been offered a contract going by the things been said on here but obviously Butchers guiding the Shneck and I for one am happy to go by with what he does.

Great news about Eagle, i think he could be a real coup for us. Dissapointing about the dutch boys but there you go. Still think we need to sort out right-wing but i'd imagine with more trialists already in and more to come in TB is trying to sort it.

Great news about Eagle, i think he could be a real coup for us. Dissapointing about the dutch boys but there you go. Still think we need to sort out right-wing but i'd imagine with more trialists already in and more to come in TB is trying to sort it.

Butcher mentions in the article that Eagles can play left or right. Imrie has already been used on both wings (how effective he is on one side is debateable) so there is a degree of flexibility there at least. Still would like to see another wide man and perhaps a creative central midfielder then I would be very happy with our lot.

I might give Terry a text now actually about my suggestions...

Butcher mentions in the article that Eagles can play left or right. Imrie has already been used on both wings (how effective he is on one side is debateable) so there is a degree of flexibility there at least. Still would like to see another wide man and perhaps a creative central midfielder then I would be very happy with our lot.

I might give Terry a text now actually about my suggestions...

From what I gather Eagles is good with his left but can't use the right to save his life. Now I'm someone who would put left footers on the left and right footers on the right, A because it's the natural side and B, cause I like crosses. A decent speedy right winger is what's needed now IMO.

Danny Sanchez is apparently capable of playing on the right mid and Stratford can play anywhere across the middle and do a good job so they might be what we need after all. I've heard very mixed reviews about Bulvitis though.