FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Ayr Utd : Matchday Thread

Scotty

We are playing nice football, passing is better, and we are using the width of the pitch, but you cannot pass the ball into the net.. We need shots at goal...

Why oh why, is nobody willing to take a chance and hit it?

Exactly - hugely frustrating! The league is going to be so tight this season, thankfully everyone else but Dunfermline drew too. We really need to get the Strikers sorted - very worried about how we'll cope against Dundee & County!

Not time to push the panic button yet, but lotta work to be done in the last 10 yards!

Mrs PB

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I justified in feeling disappointed. Yes, I think I am. I never saw anything that I didn't see in the pre-seasons. Cox was justified MOM, the defence were fine, but again, just like last season, something goes wrong between the midfield and the strikers.

Most thrilling moment was when Lionel came forward skinned his man and sent a perfectly placed ball for someone to sky over the bar. Why couldn't one of our wingers do that?

Both Hayes and Eagles flatter to deceive. Hayes seems to run out of ideas and Eagles alwyas goes one dribble too far. It is up to TB to get these players working for each other, and playing to the best of their ability. I think the raw materials may be there, but there is still a lot to do, before we challenge for the league.

It was so strange seeing Div1 footie again - no time on the ball, amateurish rough stuff, unbalanced play - I bloody love it much more that the overpaid SPL nonsense.

Just to add, well done to the Ayr fans who made the journey, guesstimate there were a couple of hundred of them, hope you enjoyed the day out.

I feel we may be a better team away from home again as we were poor at trying to break down a packed defence and Ayr grew in confidence with this and even had the audacity to try and score.............humbugs.

Pleasing to see we managed another clean sheet. Our lack of scoring ideas worries me but I'm sure we'll come good after a few more games under our belt. The next two league games could dictate our season but non are going to be easy.

Elgin losing again. It's a little-known fact that if Elgin finish bottom of the 3rd this season and next then they are automatically expelled from the SFL. Here's hoping!

If thats the case why was East Stirling never booted out and elgin will not finish bottom this year

sadly there was only one good thing that came out of today's game and that was the pounding of abuse that was directed at Kyle Allsio

What was said this time? My mate seems to be getting alot of abuse for this and it's something that he was not really the culprit of, that's all im saying.

Esson: Didnt have much to do but did what he needed to.

Proctor: Was ok but still looks far from full fitness.

Bulvitus: Defended what he needed to defend but did look a little clumsy.

Munro: MOTM by miles. He defended so well and i am beginning to think he isnt the same guy as last year.

Djebi Zadi: Didnt really see much of him tbh. But he did ok.

Eagle: Very poor. Didnt want to run at anyone and he looked very lightweight.

Stratford: Looked ok in midfield but he didnt look good at right back.

Cox: He got stuck in but he certainly wasnt MOTM. He played well but it wasnt his best performance.

Hayes: Looked really good in the first half but in the second he looked nackered.

Sanchez: Best game he has had for caley but still looked lightweight.

Foran: He wasnt good today and he put a free header over the bar.

Duncan: He had two chances to set up a goal and he mucked it up. We should have taken on mcbain.

Rooney: He didnt do anything. Simple as that.

Ross: Made a big difference and he should definetly play against dundee.

The abuse getting directed to Kyle is getting shocking now and i dont see a good reason to why he is getting it

We have a small handful of "yobs" in the stand who are just looking for a fight

Al wager that IF, our own support turned on them in number, it would soon shut them up

The abuse getting directed to Kyle is getting shocking now and i dont see a good reason to why he is getting it

Al wager that IF, our own support turned on them in number, it would soon shut them up

And if everyone does turn on them they wouldnt shut up and the one thing you dont want to happen is have fights amongst your own fans. Then if they do shut up and just stop going to games there will be no singing and no hope of creating a decent atmosphere at home and would ruin the one that we get away from home

And if everyone does turn on them they wouldnt shut up and the one thing you dont want to happen is have fights amongst your own fans. Then if they do shut up and just stop going to games there will be no singing and no hope of creating a decent atmosphere at home and would ruin the one that we get away from home

I doubt it its the whole section g who are shouting at him and wanting to fight him. If they stopped going we would have other fans that place them. Its only a handful not ALL of therm

I doubt it its the whole section g who are shouting at him and wanting to fight him. If they stopped going we would have other fans that place them. Its only a handful not ALL of therm

No its probably not the whole of section G. But Its not the whole of section G that do the singing (based on todays game) it is only the 3 or 4 rows at the back and Im fairly sure they were the ones giving the abuse to Allison

The failure to shoot from our strikers and midfielders is a worry. I was really dissapointed in the 2nd half especially with it. This must be sorted now or we can forget about winning anything this season. Stratford is also just a centre-mid, end off. And our attackers need to be more consistent, Hayes, Eagle and Sanchez all looked dangerous at times but other times never really seemed to give a toss but i think they mainly need to toughen up when they come up against players.

And we still have no right winger! Both Hayes and Eagle tryed cutting in on their left pegs and it didn't work and i don't think Nick Ross will be a starting regular.

I thought Grantie was our MoM again, solid at the back and his punts were actually great balls in behind the defence.

Poor result from our point of view, I'm sure Ayr are delighted.

Esson: :D :lol: :) Did what he was supposed to day wasnt really used much

Proctor: :D :) :) Clean sheet so again did what he needed to

Bulvitus: :D :D :) I thought he had a blinder, didnt shy away, strong lad.. I wouldnt tangle with him, he looks like he gives a **** when he's playing

Munro: :D :D :D :) he was awsome at the back nothing got passed him at all, all clean tackles and whe he was up forward he got back quick, i am warming to him again!!

Djebi Zadi: :D :D :D I thought he was awsome to day, he was here he was there, he had a couple of exciting runs and only 2 fluffs that i saw. and put a couple of good balls forward, and a couple of bad ones to.. hes a funny one, im going to call him Marmite.. you eather love him or not!!

Eagle: :) :) he made some.. only some good runs, but found it hard when he needed his right foot, he was pushed about alot and to be honest needed taking off.. sorry Eagles but to day you were not quite good enough, you could have taken loads punts but like most didnt.

Stratford:

Cox: :D :D :D :D I pooped myself after about 3 mins in when he just seemed to take a fit and chased the ball right back took it.. ran it back he was like a man posessed, WE LOVE COX

Hayes: :D :D :D :) Fantastic first half ran and ran passed and passed well.. I'll cover why we didnt score from his runs and passes at the end, but this guy today was much better from the last game, if he is working on his fittness then keeping this level of improvment up he's going to be someone to watch!!!

Sanchez: :D :D :) I could see the reason he was playing the way he was, he was the second chance striker today, he picked up well, but didnt shoot much, no one did!!!

Foran: :) :) :) Ayr's back line and the lines man owned him today!! they knew how to play him, and the Ref and lines men didnt like him much, I didnt see much from him because no 1 let him play.. fair play to Ayr for sprining the off side trap with him, but a good 3 times he was miles on side...

Duncan: Im sure by now everyone on here knows how i feel about him!! Mcbain should have been used but thats not my place to judge....

Rooney: Section G seems to love him, he didnt do to bad but still seems to be missing something.. im hope terry finds it soo..

Ross: :D :D :D :D This wee man was fantastic and should be starting IMO, first touch was fantastic, passing ace, running... hes very quick!!!!! He is the future... Ross your a leg-end!!

Pies and Drinks - :lol::rolleyes::lol: CaleyD did say the companys funked it up so not going to blame the club.. but it was baaaaddddddd

Announcer :D :D :D :lol: I liked your walking around banter, even if some in the crowed mocked you lol, it was all part of the banter, get your phone fixed tho, I was dying to hear the half times scores lol...

over all, we didnt do bad, or as good as I'd hoped, ok we got a point but its been talked about on here time and time again, we had no one wanting to take a shot, now Duncan did atleast have a dig twice and fluff it, at least he had a dig, i was more pissed off at the amount of space we had in the box but nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo no 1 wanted to have a try! Section G was mint. i was about 4 rows from the singers, the banter was mint, it was Football banter, yes there was alot of swearing but like it or not thats what happens at a match when there is a group of passionat lads, Im not getting dragged in to any slagging of any fans, the I dont like swearing team and the I do like swearing team, I really did enjoy the banter it was a great atmospher at the back and the bouncy bouncy was funny as, especial at the end when i hear one of the boys say "no more bouncy Im funked" i had a chuckle!! if however folk dont like that sort of banter at football if it was me personaly Id head for the family section or the main stand... IMO

The wee lad in the middle who started singing, and the lads at the back kept eggin him on to start his chant again so the back could play along was really good to see, the wee mans day had defo been made... 3-4 years time, he'll be up there....

Officals were shocking today... i'll say no more. Ayr defended really well to. 0-0 not what i wanted, but its what we got and to be honest its a fair reflection..

Allison was geered about 3 times........... once was a one guy one line, the other was singing if you hate county clap your hands.. it was sung anyway, but at the end one lad shouted Kyle why didnt you clap, and when him an Ross warmed up there was some wee comments made... woopee thats football.. what ever he did or didnt needs sorted all the same.

Ayrs keeper got much more and much worse..

Good enuff performance today, not a classic, but winning the 1st division will be about not losing games rather than winning them.

Cox MOM by far, showing desire to win the ball, rather than some of the others who decided to hide today. Eagles was largely disappointing, he didn't take anyone on on the left or right, hayes was a slight improvement but dropped a wee bit in the second half. Foran was poor up front, thought he would be a big hit for us but was fighting a losing battle against the beast kevin james. Sanchez looked good, linking play nicely, if we just had a bit of luck like last week we would have definitely had the 3 points and would be top.

Anyway, if we don't get beaten by dundee and get the regulatory 3 points against the gypos then we will have had a good start to the season.

Esson: :D :lol: :) Did what he was supposed to day wasnt really used much

Proctor: :D :) :) Clean sheet so again did what he needed to

Bulvitus: :D :D :) I thought he had a blinder, didnt shy away, strong lad.. I wouldnt tangle with him, he looks like he gives a **** when he's playing

Munro: :D :D :D :) he was awsome at the back nothing got passed him at all, all clean tackles and whe he was up forward he got back quick, i am warming to him again!!

Djebi Zadi: :D :D :D I thought he was awsome to day, he was here he was there, he had a couple of exciting runs and only 2 fluffs that i saw. and put a couple of good balls forward, and a couple of bad ones to.. hes a funny one, im going to call him Marmite.. you eather love him or not!!

Eagle: :) :) he made some.. only some good runs, but found it hard when he needed his right foot, he was pushed about alot and to be honest needed taking off.. sorry Eagles but to day you were not quite good enough, you could have taken loads punts but like most didnt.

Stratford:

Cox: :D :D :D :D I pooped myself after about 3 mins in when he just seemed to take a fit and chased the ball right back took it.. ran it back he was like a man posessed, WE LOVE COX

Hayes: :D :D :D :) Fantastic first half ran and ran passed and passed well.. I'll cover why we didnt score from his runs and passes at the end, but this guy today was much better from the last game, if he is working on his fittness then keeping this level of improvment up he's going to be someone to watch!!!

Sanchez: :D :D :) I could see the reason he was playing the way he was, he was the second chance striker today, he picked up well, but didnt shoot much, no one did!!!

Foran: :) :) :) Ayr's back line and the lines man owned him today!! they knew how to play him, and the Ref and lines men didnt like him much, I didnt see much from him because no 1 let him play.. fair play to Ayr for sprining the off side trap with him, but a good 3 times he was miles on side...

Duncan: Im sure by now everyone on here knows how i feel about him!! Mcbain should have been used but thats not my place to judge....

Rooney: Section G seems to love him, he didnt do to bad but still seems to be missing something.. im hope terry finds it soo..

Ross: :D :D :D :D This wee man was fantastic and should be starting IMO, first touch was fantastic, passing ace, running... hes very quick!!!!! He is the future... Ross your a leg-end!!

Pies and Drinks - :lol::rolleyes::lol: CaleyD did say the companys funked it up so not going to blame the club.. but it was baaaaddddddd

Announcer :D :D :D :lol: I liked your walking around banter, even if some in the crowed mocked you lol, it was all part of the banter, get your phone fixed tho, I was dying to hear the half times scores lol...

over all, we didnt do bad, or as good as I'd hoped, ok we got a point but its been talked about on here time and time again, we had no one wanting to take a shot, now Duncan did atleast have a dig twice and fluff it, at least he had a dig, i was more pissed off at the amount of space we had in the box but nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo no 1 wanted to have a try! Section G was mint. i was about 4 rows from the singers, the banter was mint, it was Football banter, yes there was alot of swearing but like it or not thats what happens at a match when there is a group of passionat lads, Im not getting dragged in to any slagging of any fans, the I dont like swearing team and the I do like swearing team, I really did enjoy the banter it was a great atmospher at the back and the bouncy bouncy was funny as, especial at the end when i hear one of the boys say "no more bouncy Im funked" i had a chuckle!! if however folk dont like that sort of banter at football if it was me personaly Id head for the family section or the main stand... IMO

The wee lad in the middle who started singing, and the lads at the back kept eggin him on to start his chant again so the back could play along was really good to see, the wee mans day had defo been made... 3-4 years time, he'll be up there....

Officals were shocking today... i'll say no more. Ayr defended really well to. 0-0 not what i wanted, but its what we got and to be honest its a fair reflection..

Allison was geered about 3 times........... once was a one guy one line, the other was singing if you hate county clap your hands.. it was sung anyway, but at the end one lad shouted Kyle why didnt you clap, and when him an Ross warmed up there was some wee comments made... woopee thats football.. what ever he did or didnt needs sorted all the same.

Ayrs keeper got much more and much worse..

Thought the drummer had the right beat today,pity the strikers did not

Jeez you lot are hard to please. I didn't see too much "amateurish rough stuff" or too many indications that we will struggle this year. Midfield were OK, but they need to gel. Eagles does not yet know where his strikers are going to be, Sanchez needs to tough it a bit and Rooney needs a bit of confidence. Foran was just plain unlucky on a couple of occasions. What was lacking was the final pass and a cutting edge. There are enough indications that it will come, especially when Odiambo and imrie et al are fit again. We also miss Tokely in an attacking role more than I thought we would. Terry getting his finger out? Give me a break.

We WILL beat Dundee next week.