FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Utd 4 City 3

Drochit Blue

Totally pee'd off, I had Bellamy to be last scorer at 9/1 :sleep01:

Should have known it would go into Man U time. No trainers on in second half, 3 subs and still 4 min injury time shown.

Then 1 sub in that 4 min period, goal scored in 95:56. Only 16 seconds played after goal celebrations. Think ref could be in for a hard time, and rightly so.

I hate teams like City and Chelsea for buying their way to the top.

well to be fair I hope you feel the same about Utd, Liverpool, Barca etc.....cos they've all done it

No they haven't!

I din't make it clear to be fair, they've made massive signings by having huge fan bases and massive attendances becuase of a good history.

Your Chelsea's and City's have been mediocre sides who've been turned World Class by Billionaires who bankroll new signings and thus buying their way to the top.

well to be fair I hope you feel the same about Utd, Liverpool, Barca etc.....cos they've all done it

No they haven't!

I din't make it clear to be fair, they've made massive signings by having huge fan bases and massive attendances becuase of a good history.

Your Chelsea's and City's have been mediocre sides who've been turned World Class by Billionaires who bankroll new signings and thus buying their way to the top.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but do you know what you're saying?

Utd hadn't won the title down there from 1967 to 1992 and only did so by floating the club as a plc and using the money to expand the ground and buy a team who could win titles. And now where has their huge fan base and massive attendances taken them? ?700m in debt. It takes 6,000 season ticket holders at Old Trafford just to pay Rio's wages.... the money that funded the club came from shareholders way before the success. Believe me, I may be a Scot but I was taken to Manchester in 1965 and all this unfolded on my doorstep!

As for history....apart from 1968 they were not the juggernaut that Sky portrays them. It is one of the myths that annoys me most...that Sky talk about the Premier league as if football didn't exist before 1992

Oh dear, a classic example of normal time, added time, and then big-four time. Such a shame, as it was a great game until that."

From the BBC live text service.

Pretty much sums it up.. Same with the Old Filth up here. Wonder what luck Celtic will get in the last 15 minutes v Hearts? :sleep01:

Totally pee'd off, I had Bellamy to be last scorer at 9/1 :sleep01:

Should have known it would go into Man U time. No trainers on in second half, 3 subs and still 4 min injury time shown.

Then 1 sub in that 4 min period, goal scored in 95:56. Only 16 seconds played after goal celebrations. Think ref could be in for a hard time, and rightly so.

Totally agree Dude.... You've really got to feel for Mark Hughes... he and his team were mugged - the ref was just going to carry on with this game until Utd got took the lead.

I haven't heard his post match comments yet, but he'll probably be fined and banned from the touch line - assuming he speaks his mind.

City have been my 'english team' for a long while before they spent their big money. in fact it actually put me off them after that.

BUT, you really got to feel for them today. i watched it at my girlfriends - who are all glory hunting man u supporters, and i am gutted! A draw was a fair result. City first half were brilliant, and Man u second half had the upper hand.

Great pass from Giggs for the last goal, but the ref wasnt going to blow until man u scored to win. A JOKE!!

If I'm honest, and it pains me to be rational, the defending for Owen's goal was woeful. Micah Richards couldn't mark a phone box, he is (and was all last season) clueless about positional play and relies on his pace to get him out of trouble.

He is an extremely limited footballer...as spotted by Capello. Owen is too, he's never been able to use his left foot which is terrible considering the clubs he's played for. All a defender has to do is push him onto his left foot and he won't shoot for fear of showing himself up.

Yes...I've offered my services as a right-back to Mark Hughes by email this evening. If and when City take up my offer I'll mark my first goal in the EPL by whipping off my City shirt to reveal a Caley Thistle 'TOKELY' one.........***wakes up!***

Edited by Drochit Blue

No they haven't!

Does that mean Man City dont have a big fan base or massive attendences?

these clubs could be bought by anyone and if you have that sort of money to make a big team why wouldnt you?

If your watched match of the day 2, you would of saw that the ref was right to add extra time on to the extra time. Bellamys goal celebration went on for just under a minute and then there was a substution, which you add another 30 seconds. The ref was only like a few seconds out with the extra time which cant be helped.