ICT -V- QOS : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was encouraged by our first half performance, after losing the early goal. In fact I think the early goal spurred the team into action cos for the first time in a long while they played with a bit of urgency and pace. Then out for the second half and the urgency had gone and it seemed to me that we were settling for the draw. QoS had other ideas though and when their chances came they took them! Game over!

Yet another wasted Saturday afternoon and, as somebody else mentioned previous, when was the last time we saw a good old cavalry charge performance from ICT at home? After all the reason we're supposed to go to watch football is to be entertained? I can't remember the last time I was entertained at ICT.

Folk are calling for Butcher's head but this is the same man that almost saved us last season. Has he become keech overnight? The way I see it the club is going backwards now and I think that first backward step was taken when CB was re-hired. I also think that the board have to take most of the blame for not getting rid sooner when it was clear to see that our position in the SPL was under serious threat. They acted stubbornly when the Supporters Trust voiced their displeasure with brewster and maybe held onto him longer than they would otherwise have done? This is all water under the bridge now but it's something that still leaves a sour taste in the mouth of this fan !! :018:

Wow we lost again. This wasnt a terrible performance and everyone(apart from eagle and sanchez) played well till the last 30 minutes. This is what i reckon of each player

Esson: Another good performance and had no chance for the goals. Tbh he didnt make that many saves throughout the game but still a good performance.

Tokely: He did ok but wasnt his ordinary self today. Must improve.

Bulvitus: Awful. That is all i can say.

Munro: Played well and probably was our best defender yet again.

Golabek: Not good today golly. Must improve.

Hayes: Well played hayes. You are definetly butchers best signing by far.

Cox: I thought he was great today. He was creating really good chances for us. keep it up.

Duncan: People may not agree but i fot he was really good today. He was playing like a footballer today for a change IMO.

Eagle: Worst player on the park! He really is so awful and today just highlighted that.

Sanchez: He was awful in the first half but held the ball up well at times. Still much needed improvement.

Foran: He really put in a shift today well played.

Imrie: looked sharp but didnt really have time to make an impact.

Rooney: Same as the above.

Referee: just like usual. dire.

Linesmen: Both didnt no what they were doing. Both were just listening to what the players were shouting at them.

Being a manager is very difficult and I am prepare to give Butcher time to show us his wares.

What was unacceptable was his behaviour in abusing fans for leaving early. this was not a "please don't go" but a full " where do you thing you are going you f***ng a****les"!

The fans need an apology from Terry for this one!

neksor

Very disappointing result to say the least - we should be comfortably beating teams like QoS. I do appreciate that the team is being rebuilt at the moment with a lot of new young players coming in. On one hand we must be patient but on the other we need to watch out we don't lose touch with the top teams. Don't think we'll be going back straight up into the SPL but I don't believe we'll be relegated either.

I actually thought ICT might sneak a win today, but in true ICT fashion, blew it....again! :029: Besides the first goal in about 30 seconds, ICT were the better team in the first half, and for parts of the second, but once again gave the ball away stupidly, once again had no control and had no communication. The last two goals for the Queens were quite simply scored via the defence falling asleep. Funnily enough though, the performance was a bit better than previous weeks, but still not good enough. Renegade's results are in, and here they are:

Esson - :022: - Didn't have much to do but did pretty well when called upon. Once again let down by a poor defence.

Tokely - :022: :022: - Did very well in the first half and was unlucky not to score with a good shot. As ever good going forward but seemed to disappear in the second half.

Bulvitis - :022: :024: - Far better than the last couple of weeks. Passed the ball simply, which was better and made himself available at goal kicks which was good. Still not the answer though and ICT really need a decent centre-half in January.

Munro - :022: :022: :022: - Again looked solid and steady and held it together the best he could with what he had.

Golabek - :020: :020: :020: - Useless at times and looked shakier than an earthquake. His madness along with Sanchez's was what led to the first goal. Had that been Lionel making that performance, people would be foaming at the mouth after that performance. At this rate, he might actually do better!

Hayes - :022: :022: :022: - Looked the most dangerous player in the ICT squad. Skillfull on the wing. Good goal from the free kick as well.

Cox - :022: - Gave a lot today. Far better than he has usually been recently. Seems to be more like his old self. Don't recognise him without the cast though.

Duncan - :024: - Seemed to be a bit better than usual today. Still not exactly amazing and still can't pass at all.

Eagle - :huh: - What exactly does he add to the team? Barely in the game at all.

Sanchez - :angry: - What does he do exactly? Spent have the time on the ground, but the rest of the time didn't seem't have a clue. Gives possession away a heck of a lot as well.

Foran - :022: :022: - Put the effort in, but needs someone to feed off.

SUBS -

Rooney - :huh: - Doesn't do anything. Not a very good player.

Imrie - :) - Put the effort in, but didn't have long enough to really do anything.

Butcher/Malpas - :33: - Sorry but what we you thinking? 4-5-1 up front at home again!? Madness. Foran up front by himself, can't you see he needs someone to help him? And where was Ross? Where was Shinnie? Where was Barrowman? Where was McBain? Oh yeah that's right, they aren't good as your beloved Stratford. Still far too defensive at home and still a few too many long balls. And whatever happened to communication and ball control? Seems to have disappeared under Butcher.

Edited by Renegade

Thought the first half was alright nothing great but the second half why did we even come out :006:

LONG BALLS ALL THE TIME cant TB and MM see that it doesnt work. Keep the ball on the deck and get the players moving more. Hopefully Mcbain will start against Dunfermline instead of Duncan

MotM = HAYES

Do we really have the players with the skill to play it on the deck? Starting from the back keeping it on the deck, a certain no.

Well i havnt seen ICT play the ball on the deck before its always being the long ball so maybe its worth a shot

Esson: :D :baby-pram: Caught sleeping on the first goal, it was to quick and well taken, seemed to be on a go slow, however didnt do too bad, I couldnt see the last two goals, my eyes were playing up. stupid MS

Tokely: :D :D :) IMO played like old school rossco, with a very sharp head on his sholders made some Rossco esk runs and put some awsome ball in the 18 yard box "Thank you Ross" (I'll explain my thanks in a bit)

Bulvitus: :angry: :angry: I'm sorry i feel for the lad, hes like bambi when hes got the ball, he is a big strong lad and will take them out but today he was as he has been the last 3 games ive seen shocking...

Munro: :) :angry: WTF hes slipping back down in my books, he was just a little better than balvitus today, pulled off a couple of good challanges but IMO gave the ball away like Balvitus today, not a good game for him and again shouldnt be the Captail... the boys are ment to lead by example..

Golabek: :) :) I didnt think he did to bad when i could see him, he took players no and passed well, also he had to pick up the slack from Eagles mistakes to not to bad all things considered.

Hayes: :D :D :D 1 of only 3 good things that terrys brung to the club bar the Spin.. he ran and ran, challanged and ran crossed and ran... some lad and to think we said he looked slow in pre season, the only way to handle him for Queens back line was to bring him down, but even then he got back up and ran!! his free kick as stuff of much higher leauges!! He'll be off up by the end of this seasson. Thank You Johnny!! MOTM For me!!

Cox: :D :) Didnt make any real mistakes but to be honest not the same Cox we all knew and fell in love with. still the second thing TB got us but again he'll be off up next year.

Duncan: :D (First half) :angry: :angry: :( Second half, not just because he near hit me with his wild shot, but he did have a good first half!! there i said it, but the second half he was the usual RD and when he stormed over to Balvitus and had a rant at him.... Russ.. what you going to do when Foran or someone about your own ages storms at you.. you showed today that you do have in fairness a Caley heart!!

Eagle: :) :huh: :huh: Sorry Rob, but you ran and ran but got no where, and thats about you.. however i'll explain at the end wee man..

Sanchez: :) :) I thought he didnt do to badish.... In the first half he played a couple of good balls over, but did you have the right studs on? you are a light weight wee man, oh and as a Striker why was it that Foran and Hayes were always in the box long before you were?? :huh:

Foran: :D :D :) Dude thank you for being in our shirt, and sorry we seem to be letting you down, again you were first class fought and played some good football, you fight TB's spin!! i loved your TB bandage, sorry you had to get your hair messed up!! your the 3rd.

Imrie: :D :) Great to see him back but i do need to ask... what is he? He got himself in to great shooting spots but didnt shoot, are you a midfield player or a forward. cant take your 2 runs away from him though, but SHOOT!! Pls SHOOT!!!

Rooney: :) Didnt see much, just you being to slow or late in the box for the two sitters you missed.

right after all that balls. Im going to say a few things maybe wrong maybe right but here goes.

TB you say your a fans man, why was it that today the Fans, Well Section G did theyre best, but to be honest there wasnt alot to sing about, I actually heard someone in our section rustle some sweetys towards the end of the first half.

I see why it was quiet, im thinking we are all starting to see that TB isnt the man for the job.... There I said it, some of the players you took in are IMO trying there best but it just isnt good enough, Eagles is a good player but not in the SFL, balvitus has shown he is a good CB but seems to have lost his composure, Stanny boy Isnt good enough for our playing, you let most of our young tallent (Scottish) Go for no real reason other than they didnt fit your plan....WHAT THE F*CK IS YOUR PLAN??? If it is the Scotland job, well kiss that good bye too, you have Raped our side of any Future Scotland Tallent and as Number 2 you should know that we HAD Young scottish tallent!! Terry Im sorry but your Team is killing us.

Thank you however to Rossco / Foran / Hayes for allowing me to enjoy just a little bit of football today..

At the moment i feel so down, I dont care for any comments on getting behind the team, I've tryed! Terry is not the man!!

Robbo is IMO, he know who we are up against, what the leauge is like, it was his tallent we lost under CB, he is the only man that can, TB has been away with the Scotland ****, MM stuck with the team.... Whos doing the homework?? Robbo on the other hand it a pundit and knows Scottish football, TB does not end off.

One last thing if anyones bothered reading this far, Renagade, your last para is about bang on wee man!!

Edited by Georgeios

Being a manager is very difficult and I am prepare to give Butcher time to show us his wares.

What was unacceptable was his behaviour in abusing fans for leaving early. this was not a "please don't go" but a full " where do you thing you are going you f***ng a****les"!

The fans need an apology from Terry for this one!

neksor

I actually don't blame him. Butcher was being given dogs abuse by several "fans" in the main stand which started when the score was still 1-1. I am not happy with the way things are going and am not convinced Butcher is up to the job but I do think that this is counter productive in the middle of a game. If these people want to protest, then they should at least wait until the game is over.

Here's a quote from a QoS fan on P&B:

I appreciate things aren't going well for Caley at the moment, especially at home, and naturally there will be unrest but for 45 minutes you gave us an absolute chasing. I'd go so far as to say the first 45 minutes was pretty easily the best ANYONE has played against us this season bar none. And I include Rangers in that. Caley passed and moved quickly, had us chasing shadows with 10 men in or around our own box at times, and generally looked very very good. In Foran they had the best player on the park too and probably nip and tuck with Leigh Griffiths the best opposing attacking player I've seen this season.

Granted we took control of the second half and things fell apart late on but it's not like there was no sign of a performance there. You weren't just ok for half the game, you were downright excellent. If that's "pish" Lord help the rest of us when you play well!

I appreciate things aren't going well for Caley at the moment, especially at home, and naturally there will be unrest but for 45 minutes you gave us an absolute chasing. I'd go so far as to say the first 45 minutes was pretty easily the best ANYONE has played against us this season bar none. And I include Rangers in that. Caley passed and moved quickly, had us chasing shadows with 10 men in or around our own box at times, and generally looked very very good. In Foran they had the best player on the park too and probably nip and tuck with Leigh Griffiths the best opposing attacking player I've seen this season.

Granted we took control of the second half and things fell apart late on but it's not like there was no sign of a performance there. You weren't just ok for half the game, you were downright excellent. If that's "pish" Lord help the rest of us when you play well!

Ws he watching the same game we were? We didnt pass the ball well, we werent quick at all and we were fecking awful!

I think he might of over exaggerated that a little. We played well in the first half but I would never have said we were that good

Another doing at home. How much longer can this go on. I was quietly optimistic after watching the first half and eagerly waited for the second half to start. What went wrong? We went from decent to being on the back foot and as soon as the second goal went in we just new it was all over for us. We remarked at half time that Queens were one of the poorest teams we had seen in Inverness this season. They were only fooling around with us and when they realised we were impotent they upped their game and ran out comfortable winners. First and third goals were excellent strikes. In the first half Grantie & Bully had Holmes and Wyness measured, apart from the opening goal. Did Weatherson make them tick over better? Something happened at half time anyway, as we looked a completely different team, and it was not for the better. We are so ineffective up front. Plenty of possession, but little to trouble the keeper. Rossco did thunder one towards the top corner, which the keeper saved brilliantly, but oither than that I don't recall us over working him. This is getting tedious now. We used to play with pride and flair and could always mount a cavalry charge when required. Not any more. We used to score loads of goals, in fact when we won promotion our goal difference was something like plus 36. Not any more. Foran was playing well yesterday, everything he did was carried out with skill and quality, unfortunately it all happened outside the penalty box. We have no midfield, therefore the strikers get no suppoprt and the defence get to help.

I am now officially disgruntled, and it's been a long time since I was gruntled.

cox was actually good today. he was making runs forward and just not getting the ball all the time. so if the balls had been played through to him and he scored he would have been getting 5 :D but because he didnt get the pass he gets poor marks

What happened on saturday is quite easy to explain,apart from the first 45 secs, we were pretty good, not brill but had all the possession, and had we scored 2 goals instead of just one we might gone on to win.

Chisholm change it at half time taking off a crap wyness and mcausland, putting on Mclaren & Weatherson, these guys changed the game, Tokes was getting caught out time after time leaving Bulvitis to cope, and he could'nt.

We dont have enough dangerous players.. thank god Imrie is back - he might just be what we need, drop the clawlwss eagle and we might start to win.

What happened on saturday is quite easy to explain,apart from the first 45 secs, we were pretty good, not brill but had all the possession, and had we scored 2 goals instead of just one we might gone on to win.

Chisholm change it at half time taking off a crap wyness and mcausland, putting on Mclaren & Weatherson, these guys changed the game, Tokes was getting caught out time after time leaving Bulvitis to cope, and he could'nt.

We dont have enough dangerous players.. thank god Imrie is back - he might just be what we need, drop the clawlwss eagle and we might start to win.

imrie didnt play great. he has put on weight and will be slow till he gets back to full fitness and adam rooney didnt do much wen he came on

I came away from that game well pee'd off and chose not to come on here over the weekend because I'd have just vented my anger and that probably wouldn't have been a true reflection of the game.

First of I was disgusted at the abuse of the fans from the management duo. I would hope, also, that messrs Fraser and Sutherland would be feeling the same way. The first tirade came from Malpas reacting to someones comments. Then Butcher lets fly because fans are leaving. Gentlemen, are your ego's so big that you're unable to see why fans are irate? Do you people come from the gutters somewhere where that sort of language, being directed at anybody listening, is acceptable in company. Sitting in front of me on saturday were the families and friends of Hayes and Cox. About a dozen of them had travelled up from the south to see this game and finished in the firing line of a torrent of foul mouthed abuse being directed at fans. What sort of impression did that leave? The fans are angry and rightly so. Often it's quoted that we can't string two good games together. If only that was the case. Fact is we cant string two halves of a game together.

First half, apart from the 1st half minute, we were playing well. We were keeping the ball down and stringing passes together. We were building from the back and going forward, keeping them very much on the back foot. Why were we playing the Walter Smith way though? Lone striker? Especially when its someone not suited to the role. Andy Barrowman would have been a better choice in that role. But where was he? Sat in his car totally pee'd off at being dropped.

That lone striker, for me, was to blame for their first goal. Nice through ball from Duncan. Duncan moves off Sanchez passes the ball back to where it had came from. The rest is a goal for them. Anyway, we did get back into the game very quickly and, had the right striker or striker's been on the pitch, maybe we'd have taken two or three. Brilliant free kick from Hayes see's us level going in at half time and Missus and I sat and listened to CaleyD expecting a rout in the second half. Uhh Uhh. Queen's make a change and we're on the back foot. They skinned us and we sat back and watched. Rossco and Bulvitus were not up to the onslaught. Our defence were torn a new ar$ehole.Ok, half hour or so to go, perhaps we need to change something. Change formation, change players. Something is glaring apart from the sun. No! Wait! Lets try the Butcher and Malpas tactic. Let's shout and ball absolute abuse at the players. Lets call them all the useless tw*ts under the sun. That'll get a reaction. And by christ it did. They shrugged their shoulders, switched off and gave in.

Positives, for me, are that we do have a team of decent players. All of whom can do the job required. All of whom are capable of taking us back up. What is sorely lacking is the tactical direction needed to achieve that. I think, before its too late, an acknowledgement, from the board, that things are not working out, is a priority for this club.