FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokelys' Performance

Guest neksor

Guest neksor

How awful was  Ross Tokely against Hibs?

I had a friend up from Aberdeen and he correctly described him as the biggest carthorse on the park.

He looked unfit and almost disinterested at times. He certainly could not cope with Sproule.

I admit that he has occasional good games but they are far and few in-between.

Time for a new right-back!

eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh  :010: :010: :010:

Were you watching the same game???

Apart from a few over zealous challenges I thought he was excellent, was strong in the challenge and supported attack whenever he got a chance.  Sproules pace would cause any defender problems but he was obviously kept under wraps enough as we kept a clean sheet.  I had him down under Dods and Black as our best performer

Agree with you Harry

but I have worked it out now, some FANS  need to  have a different player to moan about each week (even if its not really needed)  I don't believe we need a new right back. Its the third game of the season and he is just coming back from injury. GIVE THE TEAM A CHANCE!!!

Tokely is a dependable professional.

He will never be the most skilful player, but what he does he does well.

He has the occasional rush of blood to the head, but he is a crowd pleaser.

He is a big guy and therefore it will take him that little bit to get up to speed and as that initial couple of yards is important he can sometimes get caught out, but not very often.

Ivan Sproule is arguably the fastest player in the SPL remember that 3 goals against Rangers, he did not score on Saturday against us, some credit for that must be Tokelys.

My brother pointed out that Tokely looks just as knackered after 5 minutes as he does after 90 minutes, but gives 100%  for the whole game.

We are Caley Thistle our players are the best we can afford and the loyalty shown by the Tokley types should not be underestimated.

I would rather watch a player give 100% and get it wrong occasionally than watch players who don’t give their all.

I try not to criticise players as they are only human but I always felt that Barry Robson could have done more for us on occasions when the chips were down.

No matter the result I have never felt that Ross Tokley has given any less than his all.

He should be given credit foe being a consistent performer.

Tokely is a dependable professional.

He will never be the most skilful player, but what he does he does well.

He has the occasional rush of blood to the head, but he is a crowd pleaser.

He is a big guy and therefore it will take him that little bit to get up to speed and as that initial couple of yards is important he can sometimes get caught out, but not very often.

Ivan Sproule is arguably the fastest player in the SPL remember that 3 goals against Rangers, he did not score on Saturday against us, some credit for that must be Tokelys.

My brother pointed out that Tokely looks just as knackered after 5 minutes as he does after 90 minutes, but gives 100%  for the whole game.

We are Caley Thistle our players are the best we can afford and the loyalty shown by the Tokley types should not be underestimated.

I would rather watch a player give 100% and get it wrong occasionally than watch players who don’t give their all.

I try not to criticise players as they are only human but I always felt that Barry Robson could have done more for us on occasions when the chips were down.

No matter the result I have never felt that Ross Tokley has given any less than his all.

He should be given credit foe being a consistent performer.

:clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

What he said!!

For goodness sake, what's the next ridiculous complaint that somebody from another planet is going to invent? What a load of kneejerk p!sh the first post in this thread really is but I do largely agree with the posts which follow that.

Ross Tokely is battling his way back from a serious injury and we should just be pleased he was only out for a couple of months rather than a year. He is not fully fit yet so will continue to get better but if the manager didnt think that Ross was the best man for the right back job, he simply wouldn't play him there until he was absolutely 100%.

By the way, I doubt if there is a defender in the SPL who can cope with Sproule's pace.

PS - presumably if the team don't get their first win on Sunday against Celtic, ne©ksor(e) will be wanting to sack the manager.

Tokely is lacking fitness, however any right back in the country would have stuggled against Sproule's fresh legs. Luckily we had Dods to cover for Rossco when the whippit got past (cracking phone of Dods' fury at Sproule on cagleyjags.com).

Hopefully the more games he gets under his belt will see him back to his best.

Given his commitment to the club and the outstanding performances he has had time and time again, he deserves a bit of patience from the ICT fans.

I thought Rossco had a good game on Saturday considering he missed most of the pre-season!  He just didn't come forward as much as the fully fit Ross would but that will come in the next few games! One thing I do wonder about though is apart from Caff who I class as a central defender who can perform in left and right back when asked, who else do we have now that can fill that position if Tokely was to get injured or has a dip in form? Both Parratt and Proctor are gone now.

Saw this post before it had any replies and was going to comment on Ross' determination and effort over the years. However, I decided not to comment as I wasnt there on Saturday and couldnt comment on his contribution to this week's game.

I am glad to say I wholeheartedly agree with AGENT N's posting. Ross has defied the odds and the critics for 10 years to be one of our most dependable players and I hope we get 10 more years out of him !!!!! - he may not be the most elegant of players but you can never doubt his commitment or effort.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I have watched Ross Tokely since he first broke out into the first team, at first I couldn't for the life of me see what Steve Paterson saw in him as time after time in the early days I watched him floundering as forwards left him in their wake and many a groan went up when he received the ball, but that was in the days when we let in three and scored four. Moving on to when John Robertson and Donald Park took over and we started to take the game seriously when 1-0 wins were the order of the day and our defense started to look like a defense, it was then I saw the transformation in Tokely who suddenly matured into a strong defender, brave in the tackle and he started making those runs up the park. So all credit to the lad but to be fair, and in all honesty, I believe we saw the best of him the season before last when he swept the board deservedly with club and supporter awards, now I base my opinion on last season as I have only seen him play in his testimonial so far this season and, hopefully, I may be proved wrong as the season progresses.

I have watched Ross Tokely since he first broke out into the first team, at first I couldn't for the life of me see what Steve Paterson saw in him as time after time in the early days I watched him floundering as forwards left him in their wake and many a groan went up when he received the ball, but that was in the days when we let in three and scored four. Moving on to when John Robertson and Donald Park took over and we started to take the game seriously when 1-0 wins were the order of the day and our defense started to look like a defense, it was then I saw the transformation in Tokely who suddenly matured into a strong defender, brave in the tackle and he started making those runs up the park. So all credit to the lad but to be fair, and in all honesty, I believe we saw the best of him the season before last when he swept the board deservedly with club and supporter awards, now I base my opinion on last season as I have only seen him play in his testimonial so far this season and, hopefully, I may be proved wrong as the season progresses.

Tokely became a good player under Pele when pele realised he wasn't a defensive midfielder and was a better asset to the team at right back.  He hasn't played any worse since the season he got player of the year it is just now we have better players around him....

I like the line "he looks as knackered after 5 minutes as he does after 90" Notice how most of the posts are about his pace? Well he always seems to amble back when he has gone upfield . . . .but he most often seems to get back in time as well. He is a big lad who looks slower than he is. But he can also put in a good tackle and intimidate attackers...er that's what you want out of a defender don't you?

I like the line "he looks as knackered after 5 minutes as he does after 90" Notice how most of the posts are about his pace? Well he always seems to amble back when he has gone upfield . . . .but he most often seems to get back in time as well. He is a big lad who looks slower than he is. But he can also put in a good tackle and intimidate attackers...er that's what you want out of a defender don't you?

What about from a full back? His crossing is mince. I would also prefer it if he didn't give away daft fouls and launch into ridiculous challenges as well  :003:

Tokely is a consistent performer who somethimes makes rash challenges. He may not have the best in terms of ability but i would rather he be in the team than out as he is one of the teams hardest workers and shows a good example of an honest hardworking pro who is also loyal.

As for the comments regarding Sproules pace, if he had any ability to go with that he would be top class, be alas he can only run. His former coach rates his younger brother more highly-lets sign him.