FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merged: I BELIEVE.

Wilsononourwing

Had it been against the likes of Ayr or Morton then you might have more cause for optimism but it was against QotS who are on of the best teams in the league. A draw at Palmerston is a very good result for any team.

:024: NON BELIEVER ALERT!!!

:(

In all fairness stranger things have happened, but this season is still the best chance we'll have of promotion for the next couple seasons at least (which probably doesn't say much about our chances for next season if we fail!) so I'm holding out.

Edited by Iain

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness stranger things have happened, but this season is still the best chance we'll have of promotion for the next couple seasons at least (which probably doesn't say much about our chances for next season if we fail!) so I'm holding out.

I hate to think its just false hope, but hey after the results yesterday it just goes to show the league is still wide open and looks better than it has in a long while. One game in hand is against morton, and the other against county. We win those two and i will really believe.

Getting quite a bit more belief with Butcher than i have in a while aswell. We win next week, we go above Partick and hopefully other teams drop points against each other, it blows the whole thing wide open.

If we dont win the league, at least beat county into 2nd please!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was blind, now I can see

(Butcher) You made a believer, out of me

I was blind, now I can see

(Butcher)You made a believer, out of me

We're movin' on up now

Gettin' out of the darkness

Our season shines on

Our season shines on

Our season shines on

Just having a wee glance at the league, and if we win our game in hand, we are only 4 points behind Dundee. If we beat County in the two games we got to play them, then we have a serious chance of winning the league.. The final game of the season is starting to look very important again.

I don't think Status Quo will have many watching them. Everyone will be at our game!

Just having a wee glance at the league, and if we win our game in hand, we are only 4 points behind Dundee. If we beat County in the two games we got to play them, then we have a serious chance of winning the league.. The final game of the season is starting to look very important again.

I don't think Status Quo will have many watching them. Everyone will be at our game!

The game in hand is County aint it?

Well its County or Morton. I would say Morton as we are more likely to beat them.

That's one of them - we've also got a game away to Morton still to play.

Anyone know whose County's other games in hand are with?

see the re-arranged games thread, i listed all of the postponed games in there. would link to it but am just heading out the door :024:

Thanks Scotty....

So County's games in hand are Raith away, QOS at home, and us at TCS.

Definitely gonna drop at least 3 points there.

We are going to lose most of our first team in January - thats why we have no chance of winning.

2 best teams i have seen in Inverness this season - Dundee and Ross County. They are BOTH keeping their players AND strengthening. We are the opposite and there are rumours, which are true, we are totally skint..........

We are a first division team for now and i only pray we get better peeps to invest and run the club....

Who are we losing - Barrowman and Imrie - no great loss. Yes we are skint and the current board have run their course but who's to say there is not investors waiting in the wings to save our club!! Believe!

Barrowman and Imrie gone and we are still on the ascendancy. Dundee and County on the other hand are beginning to stutter

Lessons have been learnt from last years relegation battle. Believe me, Butcher, in the name of FOOTBALL will keep us moving in the right direction.

Without getting the calculator out, am I right in saying that us going up is now back in our own hands?

It always has been in our own hands. We have now played one less than Dundee. We're seven behind and have to play Dundee twice. Of those two games we must win one and hope someone else takes three points of them. County have an extra game over us but I think they've had their good spell and will continue to drop points from now on in. Remember before the season started Dundee were going to anhialate everyone the after the first few games of the season when QoS were on top nobody could see past them. The league is wide open and any of the top six still have a chance but its the team who can cope with two or three weeks of midweek fixtures that should come out on top and I believe that can be ICT

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Without getting the calculator out, am I right in saying that us going up is now back in our own hands?

It always has been in our own hands. We have now played one less than Dundee. We're seven behind and have to play Dundee twice. Of those two games we must win one and hope someone else takes three points of them. County have an extra game over us but I think they've had their good spell and will continue to drop points from now on in. Remember before the season started Dundee were going to anhialate everyone the after the first few games of the season when QoS were on top nobody could see past them. The league is wide open and any of the top six still have a chance but its the team who can cope with two or three weeks of midweek fixtures that should come out on top and I believe that can be ICT

we still have a game in hand over dundee do we not?

we still have a game in hand over dundee do we not?

You were too quick for me. I edited my post, obviously when you were looking at it.

Wouldnt of mattered if we'd won every single game before today Alex, assuming County or Dundee won all their games (obviously both couldnt do that given they have to play each other).

But as far as I make it, it is actualy back in our hands.

Points so far + potential points left

Dundee 44 +39 = 83

Ross County 39 +48 = 87

Inverness CT 37 +45 = 82

Partick Thistle 35 +39 = 78

Queen of Sth 33 +48 = 81

So from our perspective, we know that if we are to take the max number of points between now and the end of the season, then Ross County and Dundee will both have to lose 6 of their potential max points totals... leaving

1. Inverness CT 82

2. Ross County 81

3. Dundee 77

The point is that as far as I can tell, its back in our hands, if County had picked up all 3 points today it wouldnt have mattered if we beat them twice and won every other game, we would've still been looking for them to drop points.

A good day :024: