FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

NAT type

DornochCaley

I know what NAT type is and what it is about. I know it used to be able to get changed. But BThomehub does not let you. BT think that you're computer is not safe without a strict NAT type. I have a fecking anti-virus! Now it takes me ages to get a game on CoD! :rolleyes:

Sooo....any way i can change it even though you can't? :huh:

If you know about NAT, you'll know that having an anti-virus or not is irrelevent.

If XBox diagnostics are showing that you have a strict NAT, I assume firstly, that you have given your XBox a static IP? Try letting DHCP do it's job and you should get an improved NAT.

FWIW, I have a Homehub as well and I have no NAT problems.

If you know about NAT, you'll know that having an anti-virus or not is irrelevent.

If XBox diagnostics are showing that you have a strict NAT, I assume firstly, that you have given your XBox a static IP? Try letting DHCP do it's job and you should get an improved NAT.

FWIW, I have a Homehub as well and I have no NAT problems.

When isaid i know about NAT, what i ment was i know it pisses with my Xbox live connection and it is a firewall or something like that?

Hmm i will give it ago and see how it works! Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ping - 65

And speed is 2.8 Mb

Not the greatest, but that doesn't look like it should impact on Xbox Live. Try running PingTest

(You know it's easier if you just post your result window using the "forum link" button - like this)

9666262.png

Edited by Jay_7

And therein layeth your problem. Line quality isn't great and will likely impact on any internet performance. I trust you are unable to use the likes of Youtube or BBC iPlayer without constant buffering of the video stream?

And therein layeth your problem. Line quality isn't great and will likely impact on any internet performance. I trust you are unable to use the likes of Youtube or BBC iPlayer without constant buffering of the video stream?

Actually no. Youtube and the likes work great for me. Doesn't matter now though. My forth Xbox broke last night so i will have to be getting my 5th soon.

• 3 weeks later...