FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Ayr Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

And then there's Rooney. No doubt some dimwit will justify giving him the MOTM today as he scored a penalty, but in truth, the guy does nothing. He just wanders around aimlessly up front, whilst having the pace of a snail. I don't care if he scored today, he was very poor.

If it wasn't for Rooney, we wouldn't have won today. If it wasn't for Rooney, we would be minus 15 goals this season, and we would be mid-table at best. What do you mean you don't care if he scored? If he hadn't we would be another point worse off. I hope this is another Renegade statement designed to be completely opposite to the general consensus, but if this is really your opinion, then you know nothing.

I'll gaurantee that many different people who were at todays game will have a differing opinion on a number of players and / or tactics. An individuals opinion is normally based on his / her perception. If anyone has counter arguement for anothers opinion then put it forward as that and not as a personal attack on the person.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah.

Yep.

Looking back on it, we didn't win. Apologies.

But I stick by the rest of the post. Renegade stated Rooney was poor and the worst on the pitch. He was marked out of the game and given poor service. I'm sure he can find some love for Rooney somewhere.

Edited by tokelyisvictorious

Yeah exactally, obviously it was all Rooney and Butchers fault and obviously the top scorer in the league is actually the worst striker in the league. Maybe we'd be running away with the league if we had Zadi up front and the Samoan rugby team at the back.

Just commenting the way I seen it, its my personal opinion

Just back from the game missed the first 10 mins due to snow (digging car out). I could not believe how many chances we had in the game and could only put 3 in the back of the net.

MoTM: Munro - thought he had a really good game at the back today

Well done to the few ayr fans who made the long trip up today :025:

Ah.

Yep.

Looking back on it, we didn't win. Apologies.

But I stick by the rest of the post. Renegade stated Rooney was poor and the worst on the pitch. He was marked out of the game and given poor service. I'm sure he can find some love for Rooney somewhere.

Maybe that was the case. I don't necessarily think he's a bad player, just not always as effective as he could be.

Yeah exactally, obviously it was all Rooney and Butchers fault and obviously the top scorer in the league is actually the worst striker in the league. Maybe we'd be running away with the league if we had Zadi up front and the Samoan rugby team at the back.

Just commenting the way I seen it, its my personal opinion

And the weekly wrath of the forum rears it's ugly head again. Seems to be the way these days, someone disagrees with someone else's view and then the point scoring begins. Such lovely behaviour.

That result saved Butcher's blushes today. In some senses ICT deserved to win, whilst at the same time both deserved to be beat. Let's me start by saying that at times ICT were woeful. How Ayr (who were nothing special at all) got three goals is a complete mystery. Of ICT, Golabek was good, Munro looked solid and Hayes was effective. Foran tried hard, whilst Duncan was decent at times. Tokely had a rather up and down game, whilst not being able to pass to save his life, did look better going forward. Proctor was fairly quiet. Of the rest, Sanchez wasn't at the races at all, Esson looked a little dodgy at times, whilst Bulvitis was okay in the first half, was a bit clumsy in the second. And then there's Rooney. No doubt some dimwit will justify giving him the MOTM today as he scored a penalty, but in truth, the guy does nothing. He just wanders around aimlessly up front, whilst having the pace of a snail. I don't care if he scored today, he was very poor.

The ref was a complete tube as well. My favourite moment of his was in the second half when ICT had a free kick just over the half way line. Not happy with where the ball was, he lightly passed it about a foot backwards. Really, what was the point?

ICT second half approach was what they should have done all game. ICT were very good at creating the chances but seem to struggle with the knowledge of how to put them away. ICT really lack the cutting edge up front that left with Dargo. That and some sloppy defending, is what will probably cost ICT promotion this year.

to be fair renegade , if your going to have a dig at the rooney fans with the season he's having, your kind of asking for a reaction like that from some, right or wrong.

now for my 3 bobs worth as stated a team that give the worst team two goals of a start is shocking and then thinking we can win the game whos kidding who here the ref win us the game we got a penalty ayr almost got the three points reason ICT were pish gifted two goals because of pish defence who couldnt kick there own a**se... i could go on and on i will only get depreesed every time i think about it..

now for my 3 bobs worth as stated a team that give the worst team two goals of a start is shocking and then thinking we can win the game whos kidding who here the ref win us the game we got a penalty ayr almost got the three points reason ICT were pish gifted two goals because of pish defence who couldnt kick there own a**se... i could go on and on i will only get depreesed every time i think about it..

Have a dram and chill mun

to be fair renegade , if your going to have a dig at the rooney fans with the season he's having, your kind of asking for a reaction like that from some, right or wrong.

True, but there's seems to a few players in the current squad that are seen as untouchable. Rooney's one, Tokely's another, along with Butcher.

Exactly. The SPL's pish anyway. And if we're staying down in the SFL we might as well give Ayr a helping hand to stay up, as it's a far preferable day out to Airdrie...

that performance would drive you to drink...

True, but there's seems to a few players in the current squad that are seen as untouchable. Rooney's one, Tokely's another, along with Butcher.

What a frustrating team this is. Capable of so much and yet so little. They are a joy to watch when they are motivated and very confusing when not.

No one won today, but Dundee, and they weren't even playing.

This was not what wilsononourwing would have wanted, but all is not lost yet, although we are making it difficult to believe.

Your right all is not lost far from it. We gained a point today. We are one point closer to County and one point closer to Dundee. Todays result means nothing - its what happens in March that counts. We're entering the business end of the season and Butcher and the boys will do the business. There will be a few twists and turns and the odd suprise before the end of the season but we'll come out on top. BELIEVE.

I think its imperative that everyone gets FULLY behind the team now. If we BELIEVE, they'll BELIEVE.

Exactly. The SPL's pish anyway. And if we're staying down in the SFL we might as well give Ayr a helping hand to stay up, as it's a far preferable day out to Airdrie...

pish or not i would rather play in t he SPL get to play in front of bigger crowds TV and gate money enough to buy better players and get rid of half the pish that is already there...

well im just back in after spending an hour and a half in Rileys after the game and im absolutely shocked. I thought we won 3-2! The reason i thought that is because the only part of the game i missed was about 20 minutes in and i went for a pee before buying a burger and coffee( i did wash my hands before anyone says something). I didnt hear any groan or faint cheer from inside the main stand so i thought the score was still 0-0. then i saw Ayr's 1st(probably the 2nd actually) and then our equaliser before half time). Came into the house to check the other scores from my coupon and my mum said we drew 3-3. i read her the riot act in saying we won 3-2 and up came on SSN that it was 3-3! not a happy bunny here! :025:

Going forward, we are capable of beating anybody, but the defence is still shaky. Iwill blame the cold and the on-of progress of the season.

There is little point in slagging Rooney - he is flawed as a player, and that is why he is here. He is also the best we have. Russel worked hard and seemed to want to get his place back. Also he seems like one of the few that can hit the ball from outside the box and not put it over the bar. Blondie seemed to starrt strongly and go of the boil after their first goal.

At 2-0 I thought that, if we can get one before half time, we can take something because Ayr were nothing special. Their third goal wasn't in my script though.

Ref was a balloon, but top marks to him for getting bought by Munro's showmanship.

Two points thrown away, we will need to score a barrowload against Moorton to get the spring in the heel back. Or at least win, as Dundee will want to put down the threat to their title hopes at the soonest opportunity.

But, God I missed going to matches, seemed like an age, since last there.

I'am still baffled as to how WE didn't win this game.

We threw away those 2 goals with the worst defending i've seen in months. Though strangely enough i thought Bulvitis was very good today and unlucky not to prevent the 1st. Credit to us we got the goal back and then levelled but threw numerous chances that i will never understand how we missed. But they got lucky again taking yet another rare chance in the game.

Never a penalty but i don't give a monkeys. Rooney hit it so sweetly.

And whats with the albino look Johnny? :ohmy:

Having not seen the team play for a while (due to weather and work commitments) I have to say that I thought ICT were a much improved side with some good passing play and a fair bit of style. At least that was the case for the first 24 minutes!

I am puzzled as to why Adam Rooney was playing up front as a lone striker. This was a game for two out-and-out strikers (Rooney and Foran). We seemed ok in midfield - its just a pity we were woeful in attack and defence. One of the main problems with our players is that they are still shot-shy and afraid to shoot on sight. We need risk takers who will have a blast from outside the box whenerver they get the chance.

This was a good game for the neutral - and the 35 Ayr United supporters - but Ayr should have been well and truly buried by half-time.

Having not seen the team play for a while (due to weather and work commitments) I have to say that I thought ICT were a much improved side with some good passing play and a fair bit of style. At least that was the case for the first 24 minutes!

I am puzzled as to why Adam Rooney was playing up front as a lone striker. This was a game for two out-and-out strikers (Rooney and Foran). We seemed ok in midfield - its just a pity we were woeful in attack and defence. One of the main problems with our players is that they are still shot-shy and afraid to shoot on sight. We need risk takers who will have a blast from outside the box whenerver they get the chance.

This was a good game for the neutral - and the 35 Ayr United supporters - but Ayr should have been well and truly buried by half-time.

Got to agree we should have been out of site by half time but sometimes thats the way it goes.

we played some good stuff at times but also overplaying at times. the next 7days will have a big say in the rest of our season.