FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Ross County : matchnight thread

Scotty

Adams!! What a feckin dour faced baby. Most probably never saw this but in the second half one of the spare balls ended up in the County technical area. I think it was Tommy the groundsman who came over to collect it but Adams picked it up and then rolled it away in the opposite direction. Pathetic

Edited by kencar

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adams!! What a feckin dour faced baby. Most probably never saw this but in the second half one of the spare balls ended up in the County technical area. I think it was Tommy the groundsman who came over to collect it but Adams picked it up and then rolled it away in the opposite direction. Pathetic

He's a greeting faced bag of soak. Happy to take the plaudits when County are doing well but spits the dummy when things don't go his way. GIRUH! :D

Aye, very mature from Adams. It was Malpas that went to get the ball.

Anyway, I thought Rooney put in some shift tonight, and Cox played very well in the middle of the park. Foran and HAyes did well first half, then the second half was a bit of a let down after three goals in the first 45.

I was praying towards the end that the floodlights wouldn't pack in!

I will be looking forward to the after match comments from Adams and Butcher in the papers....

Yeh saw that, it was Malpas that went to retrieve the ball. Adams waited with the ball at his feet until Malpas came over to him and then rolled the ball in the opposite direction. Very immature, petty and downright disrepectful.

6.0 wouldnt have flattered us. esson was hypothermic at the end, poor lad.

derek adams , take a bow, you are such a dispicable cretin, GIRUY C.UNTO.

well done every single ict player.special mentions for hayes,cox,foran, duncan and rooney :D

So glad when the final whistle went. I was so nervous throughout that game even when we were 3-0 up...............

.........not because I thought county were gonna score but because I thought the floodlights were gonna fail !!! :D

GIRUY Adams and Barrowman ! oh and please keep talking to the papers !!! :D :D :D

Boy am I fed up of ICT's negative football ! :D

The sending off may have been harsh (couldn't see from where I was) but when has being 1 man down made such a difference in a match. We were simply different class. The second goal was a fabulous run from Jonny before skillfully putting it on a plate for Eric. County barely threatened at all with Esson more at risk from hypothermia than the County attack. There was less urgency from us in the 2nd half but despite that there was good build up play although the ball didn't quite run for us. We were certainly at least 3 goals the better side.

It was cold though - I had to put my shirt back on for the 2nd half.

Fans were brilliant. Non stop siging throughout the match - well done lads!

I am well ecstatic at that result. Great goals - Foran's strike took a deflection and looped over the keeper. Eric's strike was a volley, iirc, and was "the best goal at ICT for quite some time" according tomy neighbour, and Johnny's run was the kind of thing we know he can do, when he doesn't put in killer crosses.

Word on the terraces was that the defender jumped up from tackling Rooney and pushed the ref. Not the kind of diplomacy that encourages leniency. I think we would have stuffed them none-the-less. Terry and June have learned how to play against County by now, that was evident from the debacle at Dingwall. Adams, boy wonder, still has a lot to learn about football and manners, reminscent of the paint kicker.

Second half was a mess, but who cared. Top notch stuff, and I thought Cox had a commanding game in midfield. Eric showed more class, than before, but will still improve. He will be an SPL player. There, I've said it...

It will take some performance to end this run.

Eric was like a different player today.

On saturday he could hardley keep a ball.

good on the boy :drinking09:

He might have scored but he wasn't that good.

Edited by Renegade

What a beautiful, beautiful game/scoreline/result! viannen_89.gif

Foran, Cox and Hayes ~ particularly outstanding.

I'd still prefer Sanchez in for Odhiambo...

Flickering flood-lights: thank gawd they lasted the duration.

We are top of the league, say we are top of the league!!

PS Richie JC_you_rock.gif

I believe the problem with the floodlights was not "flickering" as such, just looked like it due to the amount they were moving in the wind. Was someone over standing under one of them at one point and holding up his hands to, I assume, indicate that they were moving by 3 or 4 feet!!!

Rumour doing the rounds in the main stand was that Adams did not want the game to start due to the high winds....although I found that a bit strange given their already congested fixture list. We were told to hold on to our stubs on the way in though "just in case the match was postponed".

Can't really add much to what has been said already. I thought the Clach team we played the other week put on a better performance than C*unty did tonight, but lets take nothing away from our lads for a very professional performance. They did the job that needed done and whilst the 2nd 45 was far from classic football, there was entertainment to be had from watching C*unty, quite literally, p*ssing in the wind.....we didn't need to score to add any further humiliation as they were perfectly capable of humiliating themselves.

Was glad to see Hayes get to his feet, and even happier to see him give the crowd a clap as I feared broken ribs or, our old favourite, a dislocated shoulder. Imagine he'll have a bit of bruising and be tender for a few days, but nothing long term. Thoroughly deserving of his MotM award, but it could have gone to any one of 4 or 5 players tonight without much complaint.

To steal another Adams saying "There was only one team out there trying to play football tonight" :drinking09: Twonk

People have been looking at tables all night long .... here's another couple that make pleasant reading

FORM TABLE

post-2-1269992964_thumb.png

MATHEMATICAL/STAT TABLE

post-2-1269992969_thumb.png

Boo yeah! That was the result that was needed. ICT were all over County in the first half, the slum dwellers never looked like scoring. A hard free kick by Foran, Odhiambo's scissor kick and a well taken run and shot by Hayes. ICT really should have gubbed them, that was one of the poorest County sides I've seen in a long time. The first half ICT played some nice football, and obviously scored the three goals. In the second half, ICT seemed more eager to contain County, instead of going all out for more. I also thought County looked more solid at the back when Watt came on.

The conditions didn't help things, especially with ICT being a bit too keen at times to play the long ball when a simple passing game would have made more sense and would have been more effective. Nobody in red and blue had a particularly bad game today, though Eric does at times look the weak link. He scored and worked hard, but he gets too crowded out in the role he is currently in. I'd start with Sanchez. Foran worked hard throughout, Cox fairly zipped around, Duncan was quietly efficient while Hayes played well (though can at times be a bit too predictable). Rooney also worked hard and and had the chance to make it 4, with a ball from Duncan in the second half that went right across goal. The thing I noticed with him though, is despite him working hard, if he isn't in the box, and is put under pressure, he doesn't seem to quite know what to do. He maybe lacks the all round football intelligence that can be seen in say, Foran or Sanchez.

A comprehensive result for ICT, it could've been a gubbing and with that result and the Dundee result today, ICT are very very close to the Promise Land of the 1st Division title. 15 games undefeated, 15 reasons why ICT are a team to be reckoned with, 15 reasons why ICT are the team to beat, 15 reasons why ICT will be Champions on the 1st of May. It's time to say goodbye to the past, it's time to kiss the future Viva le ICT! Viva le ICT!

Interesting that Adams is saying that red card was for 2 footed challenge. If so, they'll definitely win their appeal (imo and from what I saw of it - I thought he won the ball fairly initially, now to hear that it was deemed 2 footed tackle is even further off the mark) but however appeal goes, our 3 points are safe and sound and that's what counts!

edit - "With regards to the sending off I thought he was going to produce a yellow card as I thought Richie lost control of the ball. When the referee gave us a foul, he had a decision to make. He had to decide if it was a clear goal-scoring opportunity - I'm not too sure it was a goal scoring opportunity so I can understand why County are feeling very aggrieved. " quote from Butcher on official site

Edited by quizzer

Just had a quick look on the gypo forum to see what our dear neighbours are making of it... This made me lol:

"Johnny Hays should then have been sent off, Morrison was ushering the ball back to McGovern, when Hays dived in two footed and from behind on Morrison, he went through Morrison and made contact with McGovern leaving both County players needing treatment.

After that Adam Rooney was lucky to stay on the park too, himself and Gary Miller both tumbled over after a tangle and Rooney clearly kicked Miller ont he chest with the studs of both feet, the entire County support rose and shouted at once, but the referee must have been the only person who didn't see it"

Johnny's was a foul and a fair enough yellow, but a sending off? :021:

And as for Adam... He kicked Miller on the chest with the studs of both feet?? :P :lol::lol: Bitter gypo barstewards :lol:

Priceless reading :D