FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Was it worth it?

Kylef

May 2009.....THAT feeling. one of the worst feelings ive ever had in my life, that hung with me all summer.

1st division campaign then starts, we dont get the best of starts, and i get my head adjusted to the fact its going to be a long haul in the 1st division...unsurprisingly mind you, as no one ever bounces back.

Cue the start of 2010, the title race gets interesting, and some entertaining football is played and some cracking results. The most excitement ive had in a league for a while supporting Inverness.

Now April 2010, 99% winners of the title, and back to the SPL next year where we belong. Next week at Ayr, hopefully we will get ANOTHER feeling...a feeling the exact opposite of the terrible feeling last year.

I cant help but wondering...was THAT feeling last year, worth it for THIS feeling this year? :huh:

I was in tears on 23rd May last year and had tears in my eyes yesterday. Totally different emotions but all part of being a fan and supporting your team in good times and bad. We have a team to be proud of. What Chelsea/ Rangers fans can say that?

The answer has to be "no". If your answer to the question is "yes" then the obvious follow on from that you will want to see us relegated next season so that we can experience the high of a promotion again.

Don't know if it partly because of your photo, but you are one of my fave posters, sir.

I agree Harry.

Also another point could be, and was mentioned alot when we got relegated, was that it had been coming for a while. Hopefully with having gone down, picked ourselves back up, we can fully focus on being an established SPL team. SPL is where its at, and SPL is where we belong.

My mum used to say ," You can't have the highs unlesss you have experienced the lows."

\Last season I remember vividly entering the Caley Club after getting beaten by Falkirk feeling totally distraught. :P (Can't, for some reason remember leaving)

However.........I still haven't got the smile off my face after winning yesterday...... :D

The answer has to be "no". If your answer to the question is "yes" then the obvious follow on from that you will want to see us relegated next season so that we can experience the high of a promotion again.

I don't quite agree with that actually - I do think being a 'yo-yo' club like, say, West Brom in England would become very fraught and frustrating, but for the change of scene, the shake-up to the squad and the excitement of the year's promotion challenge, our first experience of relegation last year was well worth it. Obviously I don't want to see it happen again for the foreseeable future, but I've enjoyed this season more than any for a good while.

To the people like myself that have been to every match (well nearly) and expirenced all the emotions felt by riding this rollercoster of a seson only to feel that feeling, knowing you are the best in the league then yes every bit was worth it

Going straight back up holds a certain euphoria but was it worth it. No. Given the quality of the SPL this season I would have thought we'd have had a great chance, had we stayed up, of fighting in the top six. But then hindsight is a great thing.

Relegation was not all bad. To be honest, the relegation wake was much better fun than yesterdays celebration which was a bit dour. It forced us to reshape and we have brought in some cracking players.

The experience is called "life" and the more emotions that one experiences makes one wiser and "richer". The day of relegation was probly the first real major "downer" that we had in all our history. I fer one was getting fed up with the SPL and the away days were getting a bit monotonous - I have really enjoyed my year in the SFL and I will really miss Palmerston, Tinkerville and Ayr - but it has shown me that the SPL is the place to be.

Don't know if it partly because of your photo, but you are one of my fave posters, sir.

That's very kind of you to say so! But just for the record, my avatar is not my photo - it's a pic of the late, great comedian Marty Feldman who was far better looking than me, I'm afraid.

:P

Yes, it was worth it.

I doubt if the people who lost their jobs would agree.

Mentioned this a good while back, and I am sure that none of those who lost their jobs would have been waiting for this magic moment. Hope if they have not gained another job they do get offered aq place back at our hallowed turf.

In reflection I also think that the relegation season WILL make ICT a stronger club, and looking at the SPL this year, look forward to an exciting season challenging away from the relegation area. Think ICT fits Terry Butcher the way Motherwell fitted him, and believe it could be a long partnership to benefit all.