FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

home shirt for 10/11

TopSix

would you like to see a return to the stripes?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. should the new shirt revert to stripes?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care
  2. 2. If the new home shirt is a design with stripes, would you be:

• Buying one regardless
    • More likely to buy one compared to the current design
    • Less likely to buy one compared to the current design
    • I don't buy replica shirts regardless

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like stripes are the way forward... I just wish the club would do a deal with a different manufacturer. How about we sponsor UNICEF? :lol:

I am no fan of Errea. When it comes to the strips, I am not a fan of their sizing (sorry, if you need to produce a size like 4, 5 or 6XL then maybe it is the manufacturer and not (just) the wearer who has an issue), nor am I a fan of their quality. I do however like their polo tops .... I still have a wearable one that is at least 6 or 7 yrs old so it has done well.

Toronto (and all of MLS) utilise Adidas and I have to say that the attention to detail - and basic all round quality - that goes into their strips is absolutely immense. I also fit into a 2XL !!! I would love for us to have Adidas but I guess we probably wouldnt fall into the 'sell enough' criteria.

Toronto released a new white kit this year and I found this video on youtube .... it shows neat touches like the "established 2007" print on the inside of the shirt, the little waist tab with the Canada flag, and the overall look - I have to say that since seeing the top up close and personal now, the video does not even do it justice !!!!

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Yeah that post where I mentioned UNICEF was a wee hint at a different kit manufacturer - say nike. Other teams in the SPL have bigger names in terms of kit manufacturers where the quality and attention to detail are superior. The sizing is an issue - it must put people off ordering shirts from overseas if they order an XL when in Errea terms they need a XXXL and then would have the hassle and cost of posting it back.

Yeah that post where I mentioned UNICEF was a wee hint at a different kit manufacturer - say nike. Other teams in the SPL have bigger names in terms of kit manufacturers where the quality and attention to detail are superior. The sizing is an issue - it must put people off ordering shirts from overseas if they order an XL when in Errea terms they need a XXXL and then would have the hassle and cost of posting it back.

They could always go on a diet the fat feckers :021:

They could always go on a diet the fat feckers :D

true .... but its way better for our egos to wear some quality and spacious 2XL Adidas gear than some form fitting Italian stuff in 5 or 6XL :021:

Seriously though - I bought a TFC top in the first season, and will buy the white one this season and the quality of the thing is light years ahead of any of the (Errea) ICT tops I have. I have no worries about the sizing of TFC tops as they are always the same ... a fact that cannot be said for ICT tops where they can vary from batch to batch and do vary between the home and away kits !

The point about other manufacturers is fairly moot though as we are obligated to Errea for a while yet (not sure how long we renewed for but CaleyD will likely confirm). However, when it comes to the next renewal, I would like to see us at least look around and see if any other manufacturer is interested in supplying our kit or not and what else they could bring to the table that might be better than our current supplier.

They could always go on a diet the fat feckers :D

true .... but its way better for our egos to wear some quality and spacious 2XL Adidas gear than some form fitting Italian stuff in 5 or 6XL :021:

Seriously though - I bought a TFC top in the first season, and will buy the white one this season and the quality of the thing is light years ahead of any of the (Errea) ICT tops I have. I have no worries about the sizing of TFC tops as they are always the same ... a fact that cannot be said for ICT tops where they can vary from batch to batch and do vary between the home and away kits !

The point about other manufacturers is fairly moot though as we are obligated to Errea for a while yet (not sure how long we renewed for but CaleyD will likely confirm). However, when it comes to the next renewal, I would like to see us at least look around and see if any other manufacturer is interested in supplying our kit or not and what else they could bring to the table that might be better than our current supplier.

Don't see any reason why we can't deal with Addidas or Nike or Umbro etc. The Staggies seem to be attractive enough to Addidas!

An Errea version of something like... this?

One of my all time favourite footy tops!

Almost the reverse of that with the squares on the main front/back panels and solid coloured side panels and sleeves.....squares are also turned so the run diagonally (looking more like diamonds than squares).

An Errea version of something like... this?

One of my all time favourite footy tops!

Almost the reverse of that with the squares on the main front/back panels and solid coloured side panels and sleeves.....squares are also turned so the run diagonally (looking more like diamonds than squares).

Nice. Very nice. :lol:

Pulling your legs with the zig zags and the polka dots.....but you heard "chequer pattern" here first :lol:

Hmm, I think you might be trying to trick us here! BUT you were right last time round about the removal of the stripes and the change of strip with panels etc. IIRC.

But anyway, I was looking through some of Errea's designs for next season. Of the ones that I think would possibly be the next design for the ICT kit are:

This one -

oEPsCBV5kCsW68iqoyJ2Oxn7eAvuspL.jpg

I could imagine this one -

GVKl5d3ISR2Vg9jWwD1Oqj3P5JHYfdz.jpg

This one (as mentioned before) -

suEKOqNoNqXAW2EqkbzdTPuDLp2YBv3.jpg

Red and blue hoops perhaps -

yHZHK9BmYBXLYxczkO28mBVJ47ng1ws.jpg

Or what about this? Perhaps a blue home kit with a red cross and a red away kit with a blue cross would be good -

GeWiOf49wnKbdmqVlPRlzwY6hPViJZn.jpg

Or perhaps something that looks a bit like the new Cheltenham Town kit -

Cheltenham-Town-10-11-errea-kit-vote-3.jpg

Cheltenham-Town-10-11-errea-kit-vote-6.jpg