FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Clach 0-6 Inverness CT (FT)

caleyrule

Forgot to say, the Clach stadium announcer last night was out-of-this-world dance.gif

The word 'legend' is bandied about far too frequently these days but the fella at Clach ~ truly deserving of such an accolade dance3.gif

He did that gramophone gag the last time I was there!

2006 Pre-season friendly at Grant Street, 6 - 0 to ICT and best entertainment was the announcer. Think Charles Bannermann said it was Billy Nelson. Was it him this time around What was the gramophone gag?

Unless there has been a chage this season, it would indeed have been Billy Nelson. I was away on holiday so missed this game but I'm glad to hear that Billy is in his usual fine form. Did he play his recording of his own composition "Westering Home To The Ferry"? (Message to the uninitiated - I kid you not!)

By the way, is response to a question earlier in this thread, to my knowledge ICT's biggest ever score in any game is 12-0 against a local side in Montecatini during the Italian trip of 2006. I was at that game which broke two other ICT records - the smallest ever crowd which, excluding an Inverness press corps of about five, nembered something like eleven at the start of the game. (In the best traditions of the Clach Park it doubled during the match. My other recollection of that game was that there was so little crowd noise that the main thing you could hear was all these Italians driving about on their scooters outside the ground in their usual mental fashion.)

We also saw the fastest ever ICT goal that night which I think was something like 19 seconds and from Rory MacAllister.

And Gringo... you are quite right - the 15-0 against Golspie Sutherland was indeed in the HL days by Caledonian FC in the first round of the North Cup in January 1994. I was there as well, but only stayed until half time because I remember I had to go up to Kingsmills to see the second half of what, in the final season of Thistle and Caley, was the bit of history of Clach's very last derby visit there.

ICT's biggest score in a competitive match was 8-1 against Annan Athletic at home in the Cup in about 1998. And Annan scored first!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgot to say, the Clach stadium announcer last night was out-of-this-world dance.gif

The word 'legend' is bandied about far too frequently these days but the fella at Clach ~ truly deserving of such an accolade dance3.gif

2006 Pre-season friendly at Grant Street, 6 - 0 to ICT and best entertainment was the announcer. Think Charles Bannermann said it was Billy Nelson. Was it him this time around What was the gramophone gag?

Unless there has been a chage this season, it would indeed have been Billy Nelson. I was away on holiday so missed this game but I'm glad to hear that Billy is in his usual fine form. Did he play his recording of his own composition "Westering Home To The Ferry"? (Message to the uninitiated - I kid you not!)

By the way, is response to a question earlier in this thread, to my knowledge ICT's biggest ever score in any game is 12-0 against a local side in Montecatini during the Italian trip of 2006. I was at that game which broke two other ICT records - the smallest ever crowd which, excluding an Inverness press corps of about five, nembered something like eleven at the start of the game. (In the best traditions of the Clach Park it doubled during the match. My other recollection of that game was that there was so little crowd noise that the main thing you could hear was all these Italians driving about on their scooters outside the ground in their usual mental fashion.)

We also saw the fastest ever ICT goal that night which I think was something like 19 seconds and from Rory MacAllister.

And Gringo... you are quite right - the 15-0 against Golspie Sutherland was indeed in the HL days by Caledonian FC in the first round of the North Cup in January 1994. I was there as well, but only stayed until half time because I remember I had to go up to Kingsmills to see the second half of what, in the final season of Thistle and Caley, was the bit of history of Clach's very last derby visit there.

ICT's biggest score in a competitive match was 8-1 against Annan Athletic at home in the Cup in about 1998. And Annan scored first!

he certainly did, as well as a rather bizarre 'no bad yersel' and 'right enuff' song

I actually thought that it was all his own stuff he was playing.

Actually, my favourite was when he finished reading out the ICT team (beginning with 'Eeeeeeeeeson' mosking.gif ) and then remarked,

'I think I'm right in saying a few of those boys didn't go to Merkinch Primary....'

Brilliant! laugh3.gif