FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL U-19's League

Alex MacLeod

We have a very young squad of players, mainly 17s, a few 16 year olds and one 15 year old ( Liam Polworth ). Would expect them to be playing against slightly older more developed players - and one year can make a big difference to these boys with full time training and physical strength. So would expect ICT to look for positives throughout the season, with Scott Kellacher challenging them to match those with better resourses. St Johnstone finished about 9th or 10th last season and will be expecting to improve on that, so anything out of tomorrows game would be extremely positive.

We have a very young squad of players, mainly 17s, a few 16 year olds and one 15 year old ( Liam Polworth ). Would expect them to be playing against slightly older more developed players - and one year can make a big difference to these boys with full time training and physical strength. So would expect ICT to look for positives throughout the season, with Scott Kellacher challenging them to match those with better resourses. St Johnstone finished about 9th or 10th last season and will be expecting to improve on that, so anything out of tomorrows game would be extremely positive.

What a learning curve these young guys are going to experience. They may get some "doings" but they will become better players by playing "up". We will have to be patient and I hope Kellacher is the right guy to coach and lead them throgh what will be a difficult period in their young lives.

Lost 2-0 but were down to ten men in the middle of the first half. Hand ball on the line, although ball to hand was more likely. St J then missed the penalty, but scored from a powerful header two minutes later. They then held their own until 10 minutes from time roughly when Saints scored with an outstanding shot from outside the box.

Once the dust settles and they look back, Saints were certainly a bigger stonger side. So they have done well to hold on for over a hour. Noticed that two midfielders were playing as full backs today, and only two subs. Look a bit short of choice at the moment, especially if suspensions kick in, even for single games.

Good to see some of the first team squad up to watch them, Richie, Gavin, Shane, Nick were there

I'm sure Scott will do a very good job coaching the lads. I see the fixture list has all games on a saturday. In the past it was a midweek.

You obviously have a greater knowledge of the game and SK's coaching abilities than I do. Fixture List always has shown Saturday fixtures but is up to the two clubs to agree when it takes place.

• Agree 1

I'm sure Scott will do a very good job coaching the lads. I see the fixture list has all games on a saturday. In the past it was a midweek.

You obviously have a greater knowledge of the game and SK's coaching abilities than I do. Fixture List always has shown Saturday fixtures but is up to the two clubs to agree when it takes place.

I dont profess to have any greater knowledge than the next person, nor do I know much about SK's abilities as a coach. I do, however, put trust in those who hired him. If you have something against Scott or his appointment then so be it. I dont think there's call for the sarcastic retort to my opinion though.