FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Nick Ross called up and scores for U21 Squad

ictrmd

The keeper was a Falkirk player and MY GOD - he was SHOCKING.

To be honest while it was good to see Nick play for the under-21's and score I was not too impressed with many of the players. I wasn't filled with confidence for the future of our national team at all. One plus point I guess is that many of the players (Ross, Hanlon, Wylde, Saunders, etc.) are already getting 1st team football at a decent level.

There was a comment on Radio Scotland this morning that backs up the impression you had KB - it seems the score line did flatter us somewhat. Still, friendlies are there for practice and to gain experience and that is what the lads have had. Up to the coaches now to decide on how to make them gel as a fully functioning team and build on the confidence boost gained from a good win.

Just heard that Nick, in common with the rest of the U21 side, doesn't get to keep the shirt he wore last night on winning his first Scottish cap. That was always an established tradition, and it goes back more years than I can recall.

How pathetic is it of the SFA to insist that - even if it's your first cap for Scotland, you don't get to keep the shirt you proudly wore when called up to represent your country.

Penny pinching taken to extremes.

:angry:

• Agree 2

Just heard that Nick, in common with the rest of the U21 side, doesn't get to keep the shirt he wore last night on winning his first Scottish cap. That was always an established tradition, and it goes back more years than I can recall.

How pathetic is it of the SFA to insist that - even if it's your first cap for Scotland, you don't get to keep the shirt you proudly wore when called up to represent your country.

Penny pinching taken to extremes.

:angry:

Totally agree - after all, you can only ever get to do it once! How disappointing for the players, and it doesn't encourage them to feel welcomed into the fold either, does it?

Great night last night, Govan Jaggie, Red Card and myself sneaking our way into hospitality and mixing with the great and not so great (Donald Park / Derek Tw@t Adams) and taking full advantage of the free food and beer on offer!

Also nice to meet and share a (free)beer with Nick's parents who were even more proud than us after the game!

"Who's Nick Ross?" muttered some ill-educated young weegie type when we were cheering him coming on.

"Who's Nick Ross?... You'll soon find out!" was Govan Jaggie's response and how right he was!

Great night and well done Nick, well deserved. Although he should've been on from the start.

Great wee night it was. Apart from being a "home" fan. It was like ICT games at TCS. Ten NI fans singing "your supposed to be a home" Good on them. Nick stood out. His sleeves pulled over his hands as he always does. His small sprints all over the place. I was impressed with they way he conserved his energy so well for 15 mins or so just to take his shot and score.

Thanks you Firhill stewards for your completely useless efforts at security on the hospitality door. It made for a very nice and rummed up night! :lol: