FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Johnstone -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Starting without Duncan weakens the team, starting with Odihambo weakens the team even more! Saw this coming. Personally...im glad...its a monkey off our back. It had to happen sometime

I tend to agree with smee about the run starting to grate a little. Let's get on with playing decent football instead of the defend at all costs attitude that has been stinting our play recently.

This could be a long few months ahead if not.

• Agree 1

I tend to agree with smee about the run starting to grate a little. Let's get on with playing decent football instead of the defend at all costs attitude that has been stinting our play recently.

This could be a long few months ahead if not.

+1 on the glad its over side. It's just disappointing that its come off the back of 2 home defeats.

Our winning run away from home shouldnt be a factor at all in preparing for a match, of course theres pride to be taken in such a lengthy run but you should only look back and pat yourself on the heid if you feel as if you deserved it. We rode out luck in an awful lot of games over the past year, in both the SPL and the SFL, has everyone forgotten how favourable the refs were to us on our promotion charge? How many penalties has Adam Rooney scored ffs?

I agree with tm4tj when he says that something has crept into the players attitudes when it comes to defending, seems to be desperate. Also good defending has masked some poor forward play from Foran and Rooney especially, lets hope thats done away with aswell, we need everybody kept on their toes.

I dont like it when Terrys post match comments include lines such as 'the lads are really enjoying themselves at the moment' when Rooney misses a 1 on 1 v Rangers or Duncan gives the ball away for the 10th time in the middle.. Butchers comment should be 'the lads are relieved to have got away with that, they all love Esson'.

When you praise the team as a whole for a good defensive display, it doesnt allow the more forward players to develop, especially the younger guys.

• Agree 1

The away run was always going to come to an end eventually and it was a tremendous achievement but it's history now.

I just think playing the same tactics home and away has caught up with us and all the other sides have us sussed out. The personnel might change but we are always going to play the same way and seemingly there in no plan B

A couple of new faces might freshen things up but there are players in the squad who need to be moved on.

If Gil is "pants" what's wrong with giving Sanchez a chance?

And, if Rooney doesn't get better service soon, then he may be "pants" too.

If these guys don't get a game it will be difficult to transfer them anywhere.

I completely agree with Manfer--get out of this totally defensive outlook and start playing attacking football to win.

We have lost three in a row and my heart is sair

What's wrong? Why,we need impetuous flair

And now the Pimple is off back to sulk in his Canadian lair.

So there! :blush:

Indeed that is true. Why should Butcher be immune from criticism?

Not immune from criticism ... no-one is .... but I think the poster was talking about the wild swing of mood from "Butcher the Brilliant" to "Butcher the Bawbag" that we normally experience from some posters (not all) between good results and bad ones.

On the negative side, it is annoying we are losing and have seemingly being playing so badly in recent weeks. A few boots need to be inserted in erses to replace the fingers that must be pulled out !!!! However, looking on the plus side, every team seems to hit a slump at some time during the season and with the points we have amassed so far we can afford - but not want or enjoy - a bit of a slump before panic sets in.