FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Did I miss something?

FoolPhysio

Maybe I missed something in the excitement of Christmas, or maybe Santa was especially generous this year, but it seems that the 25 point penalty that the SFL imposed on Dundee in November has been rescinded - or is it at least postponed while an appeal is in progress?

I recall that immediately after the announcement in November Dundee was bottom of the table on -11 points. When I saw the table on Friday I was astonished to see they were currently placed 2nd and only 1 pt away from the leaders, Dunfermline.

So what happened while I wasn't paying attention?

Points deduction applied after the initial decision, set aside as soon as they lodged appeal with SFL, re-applied after SFL appeal upheld original decision and then set aside again when they submitted appeal to the SFA....which is still to be heard.

If the SFA can overturn the original decision, do they also have the power to increase the penalty? The way Dundee are going I would doubt that they will be relegated if the 25 point penalty stands. How sweet it would be if Dundee were relegated only because of an increased penalty when they would have stayed up had they just accepted the original decision. Sorry, but the season of goodwill is well and trulty over!

SFA hearing is this Friday (14th) not a hope in hell of any reduction IMO, i'm not sure what the point of appealing is but that seems to be the way of the football world in recent years.That said, the bodies responsible for organising and running the game in Scotland are a truly shambolic bunch with no cohesive policies regarding punishments,not enforcing rules that are in place and not having any vision as to how to save the game which is in terminal decline.Whatever the outcome from the footballing authorities, my greater fear is that the HMRC may take the decision to refuse the terms of the CVA and make an example to all clubs of the consequences of holding back on payments which may be enough if a couple of other creditors side with them, to render the club insolvent. All will be revealed in the coming weeks :sad:

The Dundee story gets more and more bizarre by the second. Just been on sportsound on the radio that livi are now chasing the Dee for ?115,000 plus vat for the transfer of leigh Griffiths 2 years ago. Dundee paid up at the time but Livi now claim the money was paid into another account not the club account! You couldnt make this up. What I cant understand is why Dundee are being chased for this money and not the individual who may have received the money.

Dundee are likely to end the season with a points total from their games which would not have seen them promoted without the points deduction and which will not see them relegated with it. In that scenario how on earth can you consider that they have received any punishment at all?

They should have had a relegation and a points deduction. That would have meant that had they made up the points difference they would only drop one division but if they failed to make up the difference they would go down 2. Justice would have been done and at least they would still have had something to play for.