FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tuffey in NI squad again

Yngwie

After his rather questionable performance against Scotland, it's good to see that Tuffey has a place in the N Ireland squad for the 2 Euro qualifiers coming up.

Maik Taylor is obviously their no. 1, and they have now "converted" Notts Forest's (English) keeper so I don't imagine Tuffey will be getting many starts any time soon.

In fact that last comment could apply to his ICT career too, and I would imagine that he'll need to have a serious think this summer about his career. It's OK if you are at a big club where the money makes the boredom worthwhile, but he risks doing his career a lot of harm if he stays here as a benchwarmer.

in his defense the scotland team that day seemed to be on fire and he's done not too badly in goal for us but i think he's not quite at that elite level just yet. maybe he should ride his meal ticket out for as long as he can.