FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GRANT MUST STAY !

Fanoffooty

good luck to him. i'm sure he could have got a club at a slightly higher level but he is a highlander born and bred. good to see.

legend always and he will always receive such a reception from us should he return no matter who he plays for.

Really sorry to not see a U-turn by terry, but i doubt it was ever a possibility.

Wish him well in the future. Based on his decission though its clear he has a local area affinity, based on that I'm disappointed that we let him go especially if it was about money as clearly he would have stayed for his attachment to the club and area. Were there big personality issues with GM & TB?

so when will find the real reason he was shunted out the door maybe at the same time they could tell us why the captaintcy was taken from him.

no way to treat an ICT legend who was getting better as the season drew to a close.

Butcher better have an ace signing up his sleeve as decent centre halves are not easy to come by just ask Neil Lennon(Mulgrew and that dodgy Swede)and Walter Smith(Weir 40 year old geriatric).

Why must there be anything sinister about Grant being moved on? Yes its sad but its also a fact of football. Every club lets players go. Every manager builds his own team. Butcher has been doing that since he came here and doing it very well so far. Butcher will build a team that plays his type of football. He prefers the passing game. Grant hoofs under pressure. If we are to be successful, as measured by a top six finish, then we have to start playing football and getting consistant results. I believe players will be brought in that can do that.

As for the captainsy I dont think there are too many fans who think that aspect was working out for Grant. His performance was clearly affected by the added pressure and as soon as he relinquished that he upped his game.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Agree 4

agreed players are let go, usually when they have been in and out of the team all season and are not guaranteed a start. This is not the case here. Our first choice centre half who scores goals has been shown the door.

Do not agree either that while club captain his form suffered, any particular instances where this was the case?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

so when will find the real reason he was shunted out the door maybe at the same time they could tell us why the captaintcy was taken from him.

no way to treat an ICT legend who was getting better as the season drew to a close.

Butcher better have an ace signing up his sleeve as decent centre halves are not easy to come by just ask Neil Lennon(Mulgrew and that dodgy Swede)and Walter Smith(Weir 40 year old geriatric).

Grant was 1 of the few who had the balls to stand up to Butcher the bully and Butcher would walk past him and totally ignore him , he hasn't spoke to Grant or Russell for over 2 Months .

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 5

Grant was 1 of the few who had the balls to stand up to Butcher the bully and Butcher would walk past him and totally ignore him , he hasn't spoke to Grant or Russell for over 2 Months .

source?

a player that has played most games this season like grant munro i highly doubt terry ignored him

source?

a player that has played most games this season like grant munro i highly doubt terry ignored him

Why do you doubt it ? Terry ( like most managers ) has his favourites and Grant and Russell were not in with the in crowd . Butchers mind was made up when Grant was red carded against Aberdeen at the end of January .

• Disagree 2

Butchers mind was made up when Grant was red carded against Aberdeen at the end of January.

Really? You sure about that? Does not seem to fit other theories I have heard !

• Agree 1

source?

Why do you doubt it ? Terry ( like most managers ) has his favourites and Grant and Russell were not in with the in crowd . Butchers mind was made up when Grant was red carded against Aberdeen at the end of January .

It's one thing to suggest that a player may not be among a managers list of "favourites", it's something else to make allegations that a player was bullied and/or frozen out because he didn't fall within that group.

I also don't imagine for one second that any player would have been pulling on an ICT shirt if such bad blood existed between them and the manager for the length of time you claim.

Not suggesting that there's no possibility of things having happened that we are unaware of, but your accusations...and lack of any supporting evidence...are ludicrous and defamatory.

I do think this is a strange one. I can't think County will be paying Grant more than he was getting with us. At 30 he has still got a few years at the top. If Terry didn't rate him sufficiently to keep him in the squad next season, why has he been an automatic choice virtually all this season? Either Terry has got a couple of top class defenders all but signed or there is some serious stuff behind the scenes.

I'm not in the slightest bit suprised he has moved to County - he's a brilliant signing for them. I wish him all the best - up to a point, of course. A cup game against County next season could well be interesting and would certainly be one I would not be too confident of winning.

I think we'll miss him but good luck to him because he was a great player for us and deserves to finish his career well! I don't get why there has to be some conspiracy though, surely Terry may just think that grant may not be what he's looking for. As an ex top class centre-back if Terry says he's not what he's after then thats good enough for me until its proven otherwise. As I said though, good luck to Grant and thanks for all you have done for this club

Just one of those players who you haven't got a bad word for.

You could see what it meant to Russell beating Aberdeen by his reaction to the Dons fans so, I really dont know what their reaction would be scoring against us. I am assuming it could be celebrating in front of our dug out.

Fantastic signing for county and will definately sure up their defence. Munro clearly wants to stay in the area and that is why he has not gone to a better club. I have no doubt whatsoever that he could have had another 2-3 years in the spl with the likes of St Johnstone or St Mirren. All the best to him, he has been a one of the ICT greats

• Agree 1

Good luck Granty from the website, and userbase that sponsored you ever since you broke into the first team squad.

I personally am sad to see you go and think it is a mistake, but its not my call. It pains me to say it, but I think our loss is actually County's gain and with recent signings they may do well next season.

I think we should ignore what DALNEIGH CALEY says at our peril. Whether he knows something or just making it up, I don't know, but from what I gather, what he says may well be closer to the truth than some would like to believe.