FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who is ICT's most overrated player?

SMEE

In your opinion, who is ICT's most Overated player of all time? I came up with this question, while replying to the John Rankin thread, and i would like to nominate him as my selection.....for now at least :P

APART FROM ANDY BARROWMAN WHO WAS NEVER RATED BY ICT FANS TO MY KNOWLEDGE!

Edited by SMEE

Without a shadow of a doubt....Barrowman. He was so over-rated that he was our most expensive ever signing and delivered feck all in return.

ah.....but he was crap the whole time while here...so was never really rated by ICT fans. I was meaning players fans raved about, that you couldnt see what all the noise was about.

Without a shadow of a doubt....Barrowman. He was so over-rated that he was our most expensive ever signing and delivered feck all in return.

ah.....but he was crap the whole time while here...so was never really rated by ICT fans. I was meaning players fans raved about, that you couldnt see what all the noise was about.

I take it you didnt see his goal against rangers?

I'm not saying one goal makes a player but while he was often inconsistent there was always the chance that he could pull out a stonking goal now and again

I'm not saying one goal makes a player but while he was often inconsistent there was always the chance that he could pull out a stonking goal now and again

Tell me which goal are you referring to out of the 3 goals he ever scored for us?

No matter what the rules of engagement it has to be Barrowman.

Well....if thats your take on it....but i dont know ANY ICT fans that rated him, the polar opposite applies actually...so makes him a wasted vote in my opinion

Tell me which goal are you referring to out of the 3 goals he ever scored for us?

I was referring to Smees take on Rankin and in particular about Rankins goal rather than any of Barrowmans

The Rankin goal i was referring to was his screamer, December 2006 i think

Most over-rated - definitely Andy Barrowman. We (fans) might not have rated him but management at the time did and pursued him above all other targets that close season.

If its fans over-rating a player then I think I might have to go with Dean MacDonald.

• Agree 1

Barrowman, biggest mistake ICT ever made, dont know what frustrated me the most, his style of play which consisted of ball approaches Barrowmun via black from mid field Bmun then runs in blacks direction and passes the ball back to him then runs and stands next to some defenders these tactics didnt win any games. or the overwhelming love for himself.

If Mr Bs word for the Celtic game was annoy, Then Barrowmans word for a night out was smug.

Hes here hes there hes- well you know the rest. I would always hope that he would have a good game, I liked Mr overhead bicycle kick but he just kept making mistakes and usually big ones.

I'm also going to mention Rankin, as at the time my first impressions were that he had slow reactions and if you were quick you could nip in and take the ball off his toe as he slowly looked around for the pass. I didnt think he was worthy of a start over Roy McBain on the left wing and only a £50,000 (Charlie Christie)signing put him ahead of Roy. I didnt think he would make the first team otherwise but he came good and was a good addition to the team. So I was wrong to be too critical of a new signing and should have had an open mind instead of thinking more of Roy not playing than what Rankin may be capable of.So whoever comes in I will be routing for them and not letting memories cloud my judgment.

Edited by 12th Man

Niculae, gave us what 10 or 11 goals? Got a call up for Romania and all of a sudden he was the best striker ever?

Dargo, Wyness, Ritchie, Hislop, Rooney all better scorers.

Not to ention Stewart, Marius by far was the most over rated, he has done hee haw since leaving, did very little when here.

Edited by marks
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Don't think anyone comes close to Barrowman, but in his favour he's probably given us more laughs than anyone else on this forum. When I first saw him play I thought he was sh*te so I have to admit that I also seriously over-rated him!

Seriously though, it has to be Barrowman by virtue of the faith managers showed in him. Someone else made comment on how vigourously Brewster persued him :amazed: but it is sobering to think that just 2 years ago, Butcher was picking Barrowman over Rooney . We should not forget also that there was some debate on here about who was the better player - but I won't name, names. It was only the fact that Barrowman got injured and Rooney seized his opportunity that it finally dawned on just about everyone and finally our Terry that Rooney was by far the better player.

• Agree 1

Marius by far was the most over rated, he has done hee haw since leaving, did very little when here.

While he came with a big reputation, that may have worked against him. He may have done "very little when here", but he was still our top scorer in his only season with the club. And since leaving, he's played another ten or so games for Romania, scored 13 in his first season with Dinamo and is now their club captain. Seems he's done alright for himself!

Niculae, gave us what 10 or 11 goals?

Off topic so I apologise, but does anyone have "SPL goals per game" figures for Niculae and Rooney?

Barrowman - 15 starts, 20 sub appearances (+ 3 sub apps for Kilmarnock), 2 goals

Rooney - 43 starts, 21 sub appearances, 20 goals

Edited by CaleyD
Removed Div 1 for Rooney

Niculae, gave us what 10 or 11 goals?

Off topic so I apologise, but does anyone have "SPL goals per game" figures for Niculae and Rooney?

Barrowman - 15 starts, 20 sub appearances (+ 3 sub apps for Kilmarnock), 2 goals

Rooney - 70 starts, 30 sub appearances, 44 goals

Surely Rooney hasn't been around for 100 SPL league matches with us. Would be interesting to see Dargos and Rooneys ICT SPL record.

As for most over rated i wouldn't say Barrowman was over rated at all, he came from a 2nd division side and no one on here thought he was excellent. I always took a shining to Xausa whenever he played but always wondered if he was actually that good. He done well when signing for Livingston but soon dissapeared off the face of the planet.

John Robertson certainly over rated Darran Thomson in his time and he has to be our worst ever player.

This might come as a shock but i always thought David Bingham was massively over rated. Some games he would play terrible and yet still pick up the MOM awards. I did like Bingham but just thought there was a bit too much hype around him at the time.

• Agree 1