FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Expectations for this Season?

SMEE

For me.....AGAIN...al be happy with finnishing 11th or higher, with mibees one extended cup run. Semis of a national Cup woould be great. What about you? :ictscarf:

Edited by SMEE

I'll make my call when we are finished wheelin nd dealin in the transfer market.

However should stick with what we've got i would be a bit concerned for our chances this season. But like you say i would settle for 11th place.

I'll make my call when we are finished wheelin nd dealin in the transfer market.

However should stick with what we've got i would be a bit concerned for our chances this season. But like you say i would settle for 11th place.

I would only settle for 11th place if we managed a terrific cup run. We finished 7th last season so why then should we back track and be happy at 11th, I wonder if the players think this as well. Before Doran signed i thought we were favourites to be relegated but he kinda changes alot. We do still need at least 2 defenders in though so until they have been signed i will still be undecided on our real expectations for the season.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY
  • Agree 1

I expect the team to go out and give 100% every game. If they do that then we'll be where we deserve to be come the end of the season and you can't ask or expect any more than that.

If the team goes out and gives 100% and we still get relegated surely that comes down to butcher. I think the spl will be even tighter this year than it was last and it really is going to be hard to call where everyone ends up.

It's tough losing your captain and top scorer - certainly in the first few games. Assuming no-one coming in (although I think there will be), I'm going for a drop from last season. Dunfermline, Aberdeen and St Mirren will all be stronger IMO. I don't see much of a challenge from Hibs and Killie will be a lot weaker. St.J - much of a muchness. I'm going for 9th as being realistic. We could push for 7th or 8th with a bit of luck. To get into the top six would require one of our strikers finding some incredible form. We can but hope.

Yeah it does, but that's not the point being made or the discussion being had.

I was asked what I expected for this season, and 100% effort is what I expect. Nobody can really give comment on where that effort will get us as none of us know or have seen what the final squad will look like or how that stacks up against other teams in the league. So, at this moment, I have no expectation on where we will finish...I know what I would like us to do and I know what I would be happy seeing us do...but that's not an expectation, that's desire/hope.

It's tough losing your captain and top scorer - certainly in the first few games. Assuming no-one coming in (although I think there will be), I'm going for a drop from last season. Dunfermline, Aberdeen and St Mirren will all be stronger IMO. I don't see much of a challenge from Hibs and Killie will be a lot weaker. St.J - much of a muchness. I'm going for 9th as being realistic. We could push for 7th or 8th with a bit of luck. To get into the top six would require one of our strikers finding some incredible form. We can but hope.

Where's Foran gone?

For me.....AGAIN...al be happy with finnishing 11th or higher, with mibees one extended cup run. Semis of a national Cup woould be great. What about you? :ictscarf:

SNAP!

I expect the players to give their full, 100 % in every game and expect the management team to work hard and make the team knit together. If they do I have a realistic outlook for the coming season and can see us having an extended cup run and emulating last seasons 7th place.

I have found over the years that having an expectation on a league finish or cup run only leads to disappointment so I take it a game at a time, for instance, last season I went to Ibrox expecting nothing and we drew 1v1 and I was delighted, I went to Parkhead expecting nothing and we pulled off an amazing 2v2 draw and I was over the moon feeling like we had won the game, first game of the season I was happy even though we won as I saw a lot of potential in the first half but if I had expected us to win the game then I would have been disappointed and annoyed.

For everyone on here that wants a top six finish, good cup run or both is it through hope or through expectation? For me it is through hope and not expectation.

• Agree 1

I am cautiously optimistic !!!!!

Someone asked on another thread whether we had played the ball on the deck or resorted to hoofing it against YT .... the answer came back that we had played some very nice passing football ....... (after going a goal down)

I have always maintained that ICT are at their best when playing attractive passing football as opposed to the route 1 stuff. We have always had a smattering of skillful players (sometimes more than a smattering) and in every single division we have been in, I would argue that our best performances came when we kept it on the deck and played a passing game that involved slow or patient build-ups and good interplay between defence, midfield and attack.

The decision to dump Grant (a 'hoofer') and Russell (a battler but with sub-standard passing at times) may not have been popular, and I personally would still have kept them at the club, but along with the re-signing of a player like Doran, it all points to an emphasis on passing and for that reason I think that we will surprise a few people this season.

My only concern, and it is one echoed by quite a few on here, is that we dont really seem strong in defence .... YET. However, I have faith in TB/MM .... the signing of Doran was "off the radar" and he had nothing to prove by coming on trial so hopefully he also has defensive targets and like the rest of the signings is playing his cards close to his chest until the deal is done or almost done ........

I would be happy with atleast 10th o/a but would prefer 7th again or 8th. BUT I WOULD LOVE BUTCHER TO MAKE CALEY HISTORY BY MAKING THE TOP SIX!!! ictscarf.gif

Maybe ruin celtics title chances again?? thumbup.gif

Im starting to get desperate to see caley at hampden now, so maybe we might get an amazing cup run this year??? bouncyblue.gif

Top six it is then. Nice to read some positive posts on here :twothumbsup:

Going back to Scotty's post, I'm not too bothered about the defensive situation at the moment. So long as we score one more goal than the opposition...

Edited by Top Six Next Year

After releasing so many players and stalling on getting replacements I was getting hesitant

But my confidence is growing reminding myself that we still have a lot of quality players that didnt leave the club, with a few of them still to reach their peak,of what I have seen of our youth they play to a very good standard for their age and our new signings arent just names picked from a hat in desperation, they are players who have been watched and wanted by the gaffer.

So I would say that Im confident that we can do well, as long as the players believe in their ability then they deserve to do well.

I would love to finish in the top half of the table and i truely do think it is possible. However i would still be happy with 7th/8th/9th but as long as we are still playing good football. I would like to think that we will be well clear of the bottom 2 or 3 sides at the very least. Semi-final of a cup would be good as well

I expect to enjoy good football and a few goals thrown in for each and every game I attend.

Code:

I support the Barca of the North.

exept we dont get uefa to give us shoddy norweigan refs that cant see a stonewall handball FROM 5 YARDS AWAY!!!!!!!!!

• Disagree 1

everyone wants a semi final at hampden. been there twice, so i want the final this time. dont mind where we finish in the league, as long as we dont have a long long run without wins, cant see any uncomfortable moments. a safe 7th or 8th for me.