News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Who will struggle this season

bauhaus

Dunfermline and St Mirren will probably be the bookies favourites for the panic button this season, with ICT always amongst the names expected to struggle. Hibs and Dons cant be as bad this year, Killie wont be as good. At this early stage, do you think anyone will really struggle this year. So who are your tip for the drop, and who would you prefer to struggle badly?

always want St Mirren to struggle but think that accolade may go to St Johnstone this year as the Buddies are doing what appears to be some decent squad building. Aberdeen will not be as bad as this year, but Hibs might be. despite financial troubles Killie will trundle along and I think Dunfermline will also do the same as the newly promoted side tends to do reasonably well (with the exception of Gretna). Not sure about Motherwell, and that just leaves ourselves, Dundee Utd, Hearts and the OF ......

The Arabs, Hearts and the OF will finish top 4 (would be funny if it was in that order !!!) which to my optimistic mind means we will hopefully be slugging it out with Motherwell, Aberdeen and Killie for our place somewhere in the next 4 spots which leaves Hibs, St Mirren, Dunfermline and St Johnstone occupying the bottom 4 places in that order !

I think Killie will struggle. They've lost some crucial players and nose-dived badly last season. Of course, they have brought in some new players but they are largely unknown to me. Plus Dunfermine will be an unknown quantity. I don't expect them to be doing that well but better than Hamilton last season.

From a potentially 'third force', Hibs have crashed. Their best players have now largely gone and I'm not too impressed by recent signings. Surprised Petrie is hanging on to Calderwood. I'd be driving him to the station for a fraction of what they've been offered.

Aberdeen will do a lot better. Top six? Possibly but it's going to be a messy season.

St Johnstone, I put with ICT. Both us and SJ have some crucial player losses. Some interesting buys.

St Mirren, even though they've lost Potter, have made some good signings. After tipping them for relegation last season, I expect them to cause a few upsets this. Could be the surprise package.

Motherwell: I thought McCall struggled at times last year. Still, well out of the relegation zone and a good bet for top six. With Killie out of the way, despite not being as good, they may clinch 5th.

So far (and I reserve the right this early on to change my mind based on signings):

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hearts

4. Dundee United

5. Motherwell

6. Aberdeen

7. St Mirren

8. ICT

9. St Johnstone

10. Killie

11. Hibs

12. Dunfermline

As mentioned Kilmarnock will be nowhere near as good. Their squad is significantly weaker but some of their new arrivals i.e Harkins could prove to be very capable.

I think Hibs could have another dire season. Their squad is a shadow of what it was and none of their signings look paticuarly inspiring apart from maybe Ivan Sproule, dont think Sheridan has signed yet. I'm guessing their fans will have mixed opinions with the situation regarding Calerwood's future, some will probably want him to go and some wont and they will be at risk of dragging this into our season.

Think St Johnstone will be ok theyve strengthened well over the summer, St Mirren have added well but always seem to struggle anyway. Aberdeen i think will be fine with Craig Brown at the helm. Dunfermline have a decent team and will be the new boys, so of stats are anything to go by they will be fine.

There is a possibilty that we may struggle at first, we have made alot of signings and let alot of players go and with all the changes and the injuries we've suffered over pre season it's possible our start to the season at least may be a slow one. Not terribly anxious over it though...looking forward to it. :ictscarf:

If I could put Sutherland,Ross and Barrowman in the same sentence it would be to say that two of those mentioned have the belief in their ability to curve a ball round the keeper and into the far corner of the net and one believes that hes so good that punting a ball in the direction of goal will win the game.

I think the Pars may struggle.

I've tried making predictions in the past but they're always crap - you can never really get much idea till the first round of 11 fixtures is over.

So instead I'll say what I always say - I hope the Midden take the drop. Partly because getting there is a hassle especially if Rangers are at home, partly because of the whole Rosscoe thing, partly because of the arrogance of their fans at our place the year they went up under Tom Hendrie, partly because of their crappy new stadium and all the parking restrictions. Difficult to judge if Danny Lennon is improving as a manager - this year will probably make or break him.

Killie's hard to get to as well although it's a better day out for us. The Pars and Saintees are good trips for us but wouldn't shed too many tears if one of them went. Easter Road is always a highlight of the season for us along with Tynecastle so it would be unthinkable for them to go and a big loss to the SPL.

Edited by TheMantis
forgot to mention Barrowman should take the Pars back down

Im in agreement with others on Kilmarnock...Erimenko's et al leaving will hurt them. Dunfermline will struggle too IMO as they have been out of the SPL for a few seasons now, so will take them a while to step up. There is defo a difference in the quality between the SFL & the SPL.

BC

I think Killie will really struggle and St Johnstone will also. They will be the bottom two..... i hope.

Dunfermline are a decent side, i used to live there and know what they like as a lot of my mates are dunfermline fans. They play the right way and Joey cardle is the best player, plus they going up as winners and are used to winning.

As long as it isn't us I'll be happy, I really don't think we will be but we said that 3 seasons ago and look what happened.

Like everyone else I think Kilmarnock will struggle and will certainly bei n the bottom half of the league all season and may even boot their manager if things don't go as planned, St Mirren and St Johnstone look to have brought better players in compared to what they had but they also lost a lot so you can never tell. I don't really see that Aberdeen will improve so drastically as everyone thinks they will but they won't be drop material. I didn't see enough about Hibs last year to think they would push for top six this year and if Colin Calderwood doesn't sort out his uncertain future then they could struggle to finish anywhere higher than 8th.

My money is on Dunfermline or St Mirren

I think St mirren and Dunfermline will struggle. St mirren have lost higdon and potter. They may have got teale and Thompson but if one or both of them get injured they've had it! Hibs may struggle to with the loss of riordan and killie may be looking near the bottom as well with the loss of eremenko and taouil!

I don't know if being positive is allowed but I do think we will do well this season as Terry seems to be setting us up as a passing side like killie were last season.

Here is my prediction for the league:

1.Rangers

2.Celtic

3.Hearts

4.Dundee United

5.Motherwell

6.ICT

7.Aberdeen

8.St Johnstone

9.Kilmarnock

10.Hibs

11.St mirren