FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Home fans

12th Man

What did you think of the fans against Hibs.

I thought there would be a few more than there were especially seeing as its the first game of the season.

The new singing section started off a little quiet as the elite of Section E and G found their feet but there was power and force behind chants when they got going and also plenty of noise from all around the stadium as the fans egged on the players for that elusive goal.

It's a two way thing as far as I can see. If something happens on the pitch then the fans respond. Sometimes the players need the fans to get behind them to give them a lift to allow that to happen. Unfortunately for long periods of the first half there was little to get excited about from an ICT perspective so it was a bit quieter. However the second 45 minutes had a lot more going for it and the fans responded accordingly.

Edited by RiG
way in for wing,

I had to hold maself back as I just wanted to stand up and start the chants off but it is up to the yoofs to bring this on - the main chants were started by Stirling Observer.

Our Singing Section may feel that it is looking for leader/s but fer fecks sake boys - just start a song and everybody will join in.

Start believing in yerselves as that section has so much promise - and the stewards were very tolerant yesterday. Plus if we had scored then I reckon that the place would have been rocking - Bring on the HUNS !!

Ya dont need a fat, grey haired old man to spur ya on - but he will join in !!!

• Agree 1

Barely heard a thing from them all afternoon, i bet all the season ticket holders who were forced to move from their seats in Section E were glad to give them up for such a worthy cause. You can't engineer an atmosphere at a football match. Fact.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Barely heard a thing from them all afternoon, i bet all the season ticket holders who were forced to move from their seats in Section E were glad to give them up for such a worthy cause. You can't engineer an atmosphere at a football match. Fact.

Ex 'seatE rustler' by any chance ?

The noise being produced by the North stand has increased, fact.

And I look forward to seeing those crazy young hooligans who go by the gang name of 'primary school children' back at TCS.

What a noise they make. so kids, remember to hastle you teacher when your back at school to take you to the football.

• Disagree 2

And I look forward to seeing those crazy young hooligans who go by the gang name of 'primary school children' back at TCS.

What a noise they make. so kids, remember to hastle you teacher when your back at school to take you to the football.

Haven't sat there for years, i had to move when the atmosphere got too much for me.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn something about punctuation and grammer.

Edited by ict123

Haven't sat there for years, i had to move when the atmosphere got too much for me.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn something about punctuation and grammer.

:offtopic01:

and, Whats' your reason for edit, ? Did you make a mistake ! I would have assumed that your spell check would have requested that you change i to I, as u refurred to ursel.

:fishing:

Reason for edit. to add fishing icon, and to cover up that my use of grammar and capitals and full stop's and comas' is getting worser,

Edited by 12th Man

Do you spell ersehole with an a or an e - or in certain circumstances does it really matter - it is as easy as abc or 123.

Regarding erseholes is there an ersehole scale,IE tight ersehole, pedantic ersehole,heffin ersehole, to King ersehole the 123rd.

Getting (slightly) back on topic, were the Home Fans well catered for? With it being first home game of the season, I was half expecting to see a topic about high prices, slow service, burnt pies, running out of stock etc. Does the silence mean they got it right? Or have we just learnt to have low expectations?

I enjoyed Saturday despite Hibs stealing 3 points. The stewarding was great, the weather made it pleasant to be down there and the pie van was fine. Thumbs up to ICT. Looks like Kenny Cameron's influence is beginning to rub off.

Agreed very pleasant atmosphere on saturday with low key stewarding. However, dunno if anyone is bothered beacause it doesnt concern us, but at the away end it was a different story. Was helping with the prog selling up that end and fans have to buy a ticket to get in from a small booth. Only one serving so a long queue at times especially when the buses came. Also very heavy handed stewarding - the young lady steward there was even checking some folks jackets (they were carrying) as well as small bags. One elderly chap got very upset as all his stuff dropped all over the ground when she was checking it. Nothing untoward found at all that I could see. Seemed a bit OTT tbh but as Ive already said doesnt affect us at all but we all get upset when we are treated like crap at away games...

I came through with a Hibs supporting pal and he got into the ground about 5 - 10 minutes after kick off as he had to queue for a ticket and then queue to hand it over. Seems a bit pointless. Has the away end always been like that?

Agreed very pleasant atmosphere on saturday with low key stewarding. However, dunno if anyone is bothered beacause it doesnt concern us, but at the away end it was a different story. Was helping with the prog selling up that end and fans have to buy a ticket to get in from a small booth. Only one serving so a long queue at times especially when the buses came. Also very heavy handed stewarding - the young lady steward there was even checking some folks jackets (they were carrying) as well as small bags. One elderly chap got very upset as all his stuff dropped all over the ground when she was checking it. Nothing untoward found at all that I could see. Seemed a bit OTT tbh but as Ive already said doesnt affect us at all but we all get upset when we are treated like crap at away games...

I thought they had done away with the whole "buy a ticket before entering the turnstile thing"...was certainly cash gates in operation for home fans.

With regards the checking of jackets and things. Away fans (at all grounds) are always subjected to more checks than home fans and I can understand why as they are more likely to be carrying things like drink etc. Experience has taught me that when going to away games, take the bare minimum, have a jacket with as few pockets as possible and wear it till you're through the gates. Makes it so much easier for the stewards to give you the once over and more often than not they can get a visual that you're "safe" and not concealing anything and you'll walk on by unhindered. A jacket bunched up under the arm or whatever could be concealing anything and a bag is almost guaranteed to warrant a quick look.

Being searched should not be viewed as "treated like crap". Unfortunately we live in a world where not everyone can be trusted and if someone was to get something in to a game and it caused an incident because Stewards hadn't taken reasonable precautions then we'd all be up in arms and asking why they weren't doing their job.

I think this is a case of "careful what you wish for" because if you start saying why do the home fans get treated different and demanding parity then the most likely outcome is an increase on searches at the home end as opposed to a decreased level at the away end. At the moment, clubs are more comfortable with home fans as they tend to know them, they have their details from season tickets, if something happens they can be more readily identified etc.