FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hogg out for season?

Caleyjag

If he is out for the season that will be a hammer blow

IMO he's our most experienced centre back we have Tokely but he's not played centre back his whole career like Hogg so I feel Hogg is needed now more than ever

Looks like we will have to look for another centre back in January no matter what the injury is though

IMO he's our most experienced centre back we have Tokely but he's not played centre back his whole career like Hogg so I feel Hogg is needed now more than ever

Looks like we will have to look for another centre back in January no matter what the injury is though

Mmmm - should that not have been considered pre season especially as Hogg only came back a calling as he couldnt find anywhere else ?

Mmmm - should that not have been considered pre season especially as Hogg only came back a calling as he couldnt find anywhere else ?

Probably but I think butcher opted to strengthen the midfield and attack instead to try and replace the goals Rooney provided

There's all sorts of ifs and buts surrounding our squad but I feel we've been horribly unlucky with injurys suspensions etc

Centre-backs are Tokely, Hogg (injured most of the season), Jones (injured most of the season), Proctor (injured most of the season), Meekings (injured) and Golobart. Very unlucky with injuries. We don't have the money for even our present squad, never mind some first team player to sit on the bench in case there's an injury.

And perhaps if some people stopped playing the blame game (and I don't just mean fans) and concentrated more on what can be done to change/improve things instead of looking to the past then we might start getting somewhere.

What I was alluding to was the fact that this "mess" eminated from last season and a total lack of foresight in the pre season. The other problem is that terry projects the blame on to anything that is a reasonable reaction.

The transfer window is the place to start but we could have been in that position months ago. But - YES - we are fortunate that we are still in touch but we need to pull together some consistency over the Festive period.

If the people who have the power to change things can admit to to themselves and others that they have made mistakes both now and in the past then perhaps we could learn from these, move on and make improvements. However some people don't seem to be able to do that (call it ego, arrogance or whatever). Can't see us having much cash to splash in the transfer window, so what's to be done?