FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chippendale away!

DundeeICT

Well, Terry might be reluctant to see them go but ,when they do, he will have that issue settled and can make plans, hopefully, for a future situation where the players brought in are more than just loanees.

No matter how talented they may be, most still seem young and inexperienced and definitley probably never will be committed 100% to ICT.Loanees are good for stop-gap situaitons, or even on trial, but expecting a permanent commitment I don't think so.

Is this all because of lack of money?

Or is it a result of thewholesale clear-out that Terry decided upon at the beginning of the season?

I thought he had taken leave of his senses, because what he did was bold enough but a very big gamble indeed , to be honest , but let's see what happens by the end of the season.

No complaints about Chippendale. He barely featured and is in need of regular football and he was never going to get it here.

Agreed that a center half and a striker should be priority in the market now.

Do we really need a loanee striker? Given that a loan player really has to play (otherwise he might as well just stay at the club he's not getting a game at), why bench either Tade or McKay? Obviously if we get a new Ronaldo in, then play him. But it's more likely some kid from Sheffield that will be keeping out one of our contracted players.

No big surprise that he's away didn't get a game and would have even less chance once Dorran returns fully. Defence is definitely the priority to sort, our goals conceded makes for depressing viewing.

Do we really need a loanee striker? Given that a loan player really has to play (otherwise he might as well just stay at the club he's not getting a game at), why bench either Tade or McKay? Obviously if we get a new Ronaldo in, then play him. But it's more likely some kid from Sheffield that will be keeping out one of our contracted players.

I do think we need something else up front, whether a loanee or permanent signing. Tade has got a reasonable tally this season, mostly due to incredible workrate and persistence, but he's currnetly playing wide, and despite the flashes of skill he's shown, Mackay looks like he'll struggle with the lone striker role beacuse he doesn't have the strength or presence to win the ball in the air and hold it up. With Doran back, we could play Tade through the middle again and Doran wide right, or else change the system and play 4-4-2 with Tade and Mackay together up front, but I'm still a bit dubious about whether Doran contributes enough consistently to be a regular starter. On the basis of the first half of the season Butcher doesn't seem to fancy Shane all that much, so that leaves us with pretty limited options. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but from what I've seen this season I think we might struggle to get clear of the relegation zone if we can't sort something else out in the striking department.

I think that Dorran and Hayes supplying the ammo, Foran building on his impressive start to the new position, Shinnie, MacKay and Tade can shoot use up the league. I dont think we need ant more in attack, but we need to find a solution to our leaky defence. Our injuries ( apart from Hogg ) have eased, and now its down to our own signed players to get back into their stride. Golo looks like he has finally settled into the spl, so I would just look to an experienced Defender to help the young ones around them.

• Agree 1