FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes offer, is he worth it

lukemackay

I'd say Esson and Foran are better players than Hayes .
are you joking??? esson fair enough but foran better than hayes? this forum really is S**T and you do not know football!

As much as I can, and have, disagreed with DalneighCaley on many occasions, sometimes quite vociferously, he is, as Donview points out, entitled to his opinion whether you (or I) like it or not so there is no need for the abuse.

IMHO, I would say he is pretty knowledgeable ... I dont usually take issue with that knowledge, its the opinions that we each form from that knowledge that we tend to differ on .... and thats one of the big reasons why the Internet has forums !!!

PS: If the forum is that "S**T ... there a link near the top right corner that says "sign out" ..... feel free to click it !!!!

• Agree 1

If Hayes get a decent offer he will leave. He doesn't need to show any loyalty by staying as he has been here 3 years already now and wouldn't be jumping ship or anything. He would leave if he can get paid a lot more money for doing the same job and play at a higher level.

And the staying to develop argument doesn't really apply to Hayes. He isn't 17/18. By the time next season starts he will be 25. So he is past the developing stage and will be in his prime. If he stayed to develop for another year or 2 he would be heading towards 30! This is probably the best age in his career to move and give it a go at a bigger club and earn some serious money. He also wouldn't be thinking of going somewhere to sit on the bench, it happens but he is not a youngster that a club will buy with the intention of playing him in the future. If a club wants to sign him then Hayes will be right in thinking they see something in him and that he can play his way into being a first team regular where ever he goes.

Saying that I really hope no one else wants him and he signs a 3 year deal! He will still be playing top flight football!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

ok. one and only public warning on this thread ......

I already rebuked one poster for what could be construed as a potentially abusive post. I will now do the same for the person it was aimed at for what could be interpreted as response that is an invite for a square go.

Any more of it (and the inevitable off-topic drift it will cause) and this thread will be closed and the person who caused that action will have their posting privileges reviewed.

Lets get back on topic folks ..... thanks !

EDIT: OK, thats one person banned from the thread and their subsequent posts hidden. Despite fair warning, they chose to keep dragging the subject off topic .... I have also removed the responses made to that person ... so if you can read this thread ... it wasnt you who was banned from it ... you just may have had a post removed that was now out of context.

Maybe a slightly bigger font .....

Lets stay on topic please and keep the bickering and personal stuff out of it. thank you !

Edited by Scotty
:: updating my comment to explain why some posts are now removed from view.

Is Hayes worth more money? Yes.

Can we afford to pay him more money? Yes, we got a huge £150k cup windfall because Jonnny chased a lost cause and stuck it in the back of the net in the 94th minute.

Sorted that out for you.

Is Hayes worth more money? Yes.

Can we afford to pay him more money? Yes, we got a huge £150k cup windfall because Jonnny chased a lost cause and stuck it in the back of the net in the 94th minute.

Sorted that out for you.

Three things....

First off, how do we know it's a "windfall" and that X amount from cups was not already written in to the budget for the season?

Secondly, there was a massive hole in our accounts that was filled by the sale of the Social Club and "investment" from Directors....unless other income has increased or spending has been reduced by £300k+ then money from the cup will be needed elsewhere just to make the books balance.

Third thing, if we hope to get some return on our investment then we would need to offer him a 2 year extension....whilst it's possible a good cup run might give us a little bit more than budgeted, how do we know we will do the same next season? and if we don't and Jonny stays, then where do we find the money to fund the increased wages?

If, and it's a big if, there's available/surplus funds to allow us to pay an enhanced deal and Butcher thinks it would be money well spent them I am sure it will happen.... not just for Hayes, but for other players as well.

• Agree 1