FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Points tally

Yngwie

We tend to remember seasons by our final league position rather than points tally, so I looked up our SPL history to see how many points we got each season.

04/05 44

05/06 58

06/07 46

07/08 43

08/09 37 (relegated)

10/11 53

11/12 32 with 4 games to go

The obvious question is whether we will end up with our lowest ever number of points in the SPL, which would simply confirm what a dismal season it has been for the fans.

*waits on the happy clappers*

Fully expecting to see absolute tosh regarding injuries, luck, no continuity, phases of the moon, planetary allignment, solar flares... Um... Look over there!! Rangers are in administration!

• Agree 3

4 games to go need minimum of 2 wins to not be lowest points ever

doesnt seem to be our season and not convinced we can do it. think we will get a couple more points but have a feeling 35 ish will be the mark

Some of us may disagree with the reasons, but there's no denying it's our worst SPL season ever. In fact, I don't remember enjoying any other season in our history less than this one.

I do fear that some of our players view the season as being over and have switched off....a very dangerous mindset when we are not yet safe.

• Agree 3

We've been useless against the current bottom six sides already this season and I don't see any glimmer of hope that this will improve in our last four games.

I think we'll be safe, not through our own doing, but because Dungfarmland will drop points, although probably not to us the way we are playing.

I suspect we'll end up with 36 points. However many we get it must go down as an extremely poor season, for which Butcher must accept much of the blame. Personally I think he should go. I don't really know who I'd want to replace him. Anyone who has a desire to play football with the ball on the ground would do me! It doesn't have to be a big name. St Johnstone are the benchmark for trying out new, unproven managers, over the past 5 years or so, and it has proved highly successful for them Perhaps we should follow their example.

not a team we cant beat in our last 4 games

weve done poor against dunfermline and hibs this year and we should look to change that and we are yet to be defeated by killie or midden so we should look to keep that up. there are 5 or 6 stand out performances for me this season and 4 of them have come against st mirren and killie.

scored 9 and conceded 5 against killie this season heres hoping for a goal fest on saturday.

Our reaming games / previous league results are:

Kilmarnock (A) 28th April

27/08 (H) Win 2 - 1

05/11 (A) Win 6 - 3

10/03 (H) Draw 1 - 1

Dunfermline (H) 2nd May

06/08 (A) Draw 3 - 3

22/10 (H) Draw 1 - 1

18/02 (A) Draw 1 - 1

St. Mirren (A) 5th May

01/10 (H) Win 2 - 1

03/12 (A) Win 2 - 1

28/01 (H) Draw 1 - 1

Hibernian (H) 12th May

30th July (H) Loss 0 - 1

28th December (A) Draw 1 - 1

1st April (H) Loss 2 - 3

Based on previous results this season then we could be looking at 3 - 7 points but given our form it is likely we will end up with less points than when we were relegated.

Probably not, but how important is it as a factor, object of the season was SPL survival which we have achieved.

Do you think Celtic, Man U, Real Madrid etc or any others will care if they win the title with less points than previous attempts - will it make it tainted or less of an achievement. Doubtful - they had an aim and achieved it.

Its most likely we will finish with the worst points tally ever. Thats because this seasons squad is the worst it has ever been, If i had a choice between this squad and the relegated squad i would take the relegated squad in a heart beat.

We were losing 1-0 and i didn't care, we brought it back and went on top 2-1 and i was pleasantly surprised but knew we wouldn't hold on. I was laughing when Hayes was sent off, its typical that this sort of thing happens, if it isn't own goals or missing absolute sitters its a red card that costs us the game. I don't really care about how well we played and all of those excuses (if we even did play well), in football it has nothing to do with the taking part. We need results and the form we are in just isn't good enough.

I want this season to ENNNNNNNDDD! Give me that hopeful feeling of pre season back and the excitement to see our new signings perform at Grant street and other small stadiums, thats the only time i've enjoyed this season anyway.

Our season will effectively be over tonight when either Dunfermline drop points against us or Hibs fail to win at Pittodrie. For us to go down, both The Pars and Hibs have to win each game, and that cannot happen next Monday night. I think we will get one win and a draw in the next 3 games leaving us on 36 points. Jay_7 dont forget our abundance of penalties this season.