FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Moraig Macangus Memorial Trophy

MacAngus7

TheKarl - Are you 'Wum' in disguise? Seriously pal, there are other ways to generate some team spirit than slag people off that didn't make it down for a damn photo!! Quite cheesed off by that comment tbh. Completely uncalled for!!

Anyway, I digress...

Looking forward to this game. Had a run out for my local welfare team the other day. Felt good and bagged the 4th in the 6-2 win.

I know 3 lads who are playing as we've all played together before. And I must say, our keeper (BA) is gonna be one hell of a keeper to beat!

Looking forward to starting up front with IHE. Sounds like that, with his form and mine, we're gonna have one hell of a strike partnership! (That's if I make the starting 11 of course).

I know Capital has tried to keep everyone in the loop via e-mail, but for everyone else clarity, can we please confirm the details of the match... by this i mean, is it rolling subs, who's all playing, what is the line up. Whats the itinerary for the team pre-match and indeed is there a 'party' afterwards.

One or two people I know of may take the trip down for this, but considering the fuel costs etc, it may be worth allowing these people to join in more than just turing up and paying their £3... Just a thought

• Agree 1

I know Capital has tried to keep everyone in the loop via e-mail, but for everyone else clarity, can we please confirm the details of the match... by this i mean, is it rolling subs, who's all playing, what is the line up. Whats the itinerary for the team pre-match and indeed is there a 'party' afterwards.

One or two people I know of may take the trip down for this, but considering the fuel costs etc, it may be worth allowing these people to join in more than just turing up and paying their £3... Just a thought

Rolling subs = yes it is.

Who's all playing = Well we have 4 subs but it's rolling so everyone will get plenty of game time.

Line up = Well we have BA in goals, other than that, we need to figure it out.

Pre-match = Well it's an 8pm kick off so I will be arriving around 7.30

Party afterwards = We should make the Park Bar for 10.30 :wink: But I don't know everyones plans so i'm sure we can arrange something.

I have just completed by second match in the 30 minute a half Chorley and South Ribble Under 50's league, notching a brace in the process. I may well be in the reckoning !!!!

What the feck are you doing in an Under 50's league?

Oops - may have been a Freudian slip - over 50's !!! I propose the Park Bar at 10.30 am.

• Agree 2

Rightio, looking back, my comment was a tad harsh, obviously people have far more important commitments than a photo so aye, on that light I appologise.

Just whilst with Roddy and co', he didn't seem all that pleased at the fact that he had been kept out of the loop for a few days over our participation and left in the dark, so you can imagine how he felt with noone turning up and probably in his eyes, thinking were a bunch of folk who really just don't care about the event.

Either way, still looking forward to it and I'll get my face in the paper so, should be good :)

I have just completed by second match in the 30 minute a half Chorley and South Ribble Under 50's league, notching a brace in the process. I may well be in the reckoning !!!!

What the feck are you doing in an Under 50's league?

Oops - may have been a Freudian slip - over 50's !!! I propose the Park Bar at 10.30 am.

Ok, so Park Bar 10.30am, leave at 7pm for the game and back at 10.30 pm.

:panda01: :banana::party: :party: :bouncyred: :bouncyred: :music02: :panda01: :panda01: :panda02: :popular::dancing: :dancing: :crazy::drinking06: :drinking06: :drinking06: :drinking06:

:pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

Alright you lot.

There's going to be an artictle about the game in the courier on Friday. Be sure to pick up a copy

It doesn't have any bank account details for donations......can you give them?

Will try and find out for you. Not Chorley anyway lol

Alright you lot.

There's going to be an artictle about the game in the courier on Friday. Be sure to pick up a copy

It doesn't have any bank account details for donations......can you give them?

Will try and find out for you. Not Chorley anyway lol

Thanks.

IHE has tried that PO Box number before.......must think my head buttons up the back! :lol:

Edited by Oddquine

Whilst looking on OverTheBridge at all the Hayes gossip, I came across their 'Memorial Trophy' thread...

They really are up for this. They had another training session the other day. Seem's like their striker is either very good, or their keeper is completely rubbish. He's scored a few in their wee 7-a-side training sessions so far.

I'm quite a competetive chap, and although this is meant to be a fun match, there's no way i'll be wanting to walk away without that trophy.

The gym will be my home for the next few weeks (if I can get away from the beer fridge).

Bring 'em on!!! Grrrr

• Agree 1

Reminds me of a time many years ago when I was at sea. Game arranged for a sunday afternoon against an Italian ship. We had been out the night before on the lash. Turned up at the venue in cut off jeans, many different t-shirts and sandles. Italians arrive in a luxury coach. All stripped in national colours with boots and shin guards. We won 14-1.

• Agree 4

Judging by those on the mailing list, I'd probably make a guess that most taking part are members of this forum, although a few haven't posted for a while/regularly.

BA will be taking up position in goal, that's for sure, and it seems we'll have a strong defense, speedy midfield and goalscoring strikers (exactly what a team needs).

We'll even have our own super-subs (Probably)...

Everyone is welcome to make the trip to the game and lend their support.

It's £3 entry to the game and all money goes to charity, and the Trophy looks fantastic.

I've not heard of any pre/post match watering holes yet, but I'm sure this'll be sorted nearer the time.

CapitalCaley is in charge of ICT Team Affairs at the moment, so best to PM him if you need to bring your boots.

Was at the landfill yesterday to get a ball signed by the team for the raffle at half time.

Your club expect a win at this just to let's you know ;)

Careful what you say. You might not see yer ball again. :wink:

But thats what the sign says at the roundabout

Squad List has been released a****st the players involved. And I must say, with being pals with most on there, I recon we've definately got the spirit and desire in the squad to give them over the bridge a damn good game...

Ohhhh how I'm looking forward to this!!!

BRING 'EM ON

• Agree 1