FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Seer Prediction

Tomorrow the SFA will place the Newco in the First Division and may well cite the conerns of Kilmarnock, ICT and St Midden specifically.

i will go for

tomorrow the SFA will refuse to grant newco a licence for the sfl and the spl will take them in as club 12.

That is the other possibility but also perhaps a Bridge too far - the SFA will cite the concerns of the SPL clubs and the potential effect on the system as a whole withn the added promise of reconstruction. Then we - becos of the statement made by financially struggling muppets will be viewed by many as a significant precipitator - but (conspiracy theory) may have been financially beneficial to us via another "agreement".

If there's anyone, anywhere in the whole setup with the slightest sign of a brain cell then the SFA will force the Joint Proposal for Reform and a Merger on the SFL & SPL.....just as they should have done the minute Rangers were liquidated and this whole sorry mess reached the point of no return.

Regan will leave the SFA "by mutual consent", no position will be found for Doncaster in the new setup.

The league reconstruction (assumng NewCo can win promotion next season) will see NewCo end up in the second tier for season 2013/14.

The SFA, the only ones in Scottish football with any money, to bankroll the transition with SKY/ESPN not being as harsh on cutting the existing deal as they might have been because, despite what Doncaster might have us believe, they actually want a larger more competitive top league as well.

Any attempt to give NewCo a foot up by any other means will be suicide for the game and we may as well turn out the lights the moment such an announcement is made.

• Agree 3

I think that is a good outcome. For me the main thing I wanted from the newco was that it would start in the bottom tier. This has been nearly confirmed now. As far as I'm concerned the main job is restructuring the game for the better.

If that means that if Rangers are promoted to the SFL2 at the end of the season and the restructuring sees them moved into the second tier then that is fine with me. I think there are too many leagues in Scotland and if that means it takes newco one year less to get back to the top flight (assuming their sucess on the pitch which is in no way a guarentee) then thats fine as long as its done to suit everyone and not just the Old Firm.

If there's anyone, anywhere in the whole setup with the slightest sign of a brain cell then the SFA will force the Joint Proposal for Reform and a Merger on the SFL & SPL.....just as they should have done the minute Rangers were liquidated and this whole sorry mess reached the point of no return.

Regan will leave the SFA "by mutual consent", no position will be found for Doncaster in the new setup.

The league reconstruction (assumng NewCo can win promotion next season) will see NewCo end up in the second tier for season 2013/14.

The SFA, the only ones in Scottish football with any money, to bankroll the transition with SKY/ESPN not being as harsh on cutting the existing deal as they might have been because, despite what Doncaster might have us believe, they actually want a larger more competitive top league as well.

Any attempt to give NewCo a foot up by any other means will be suicide for the game and we may as well turn out the lights the moment such an announcement is made.

CaleyD I would like to think your prediction will win out, my concerns however revolve around new leadership in the reconstruction. Where is this going to come from, have SFA, SPL or SFL got the people to do the job. The last thing Scottish football needs now is another ****ed up league based on power struggle and greed.

Dont get me wrong I entirely aggree with the content of your post I just hope they dont rush into things blindly to get the season underway. I would rather see a delay to the start and have a well thought out fair and honest reform.

Tomorrow the SFA will place the Newco in the First Division and may well cite the conerns of Kilmarnock, ICT and St Midden specifically.

Watching the golf on the old box last night I could have sworn I saw them readying a large barrel just across the water :wink:

And I saw a large container of tar coming up the a9 this morning with delivery to the lighthouse for a Mr Oder