FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Club Director Appointment

CaleyD

I'm sure those who know Big Ken will agree that this is a fantastic and welcome addition to the Board.

In one respect coming from you, Don, that is questionable praise :lol: - but otherwise you are spot on!

At an earlier stage in Caley Thistle's history, Ken made some very telling contributions at very critical moments.

He wasn't one of the original club directors but midway through the inaugural season 94-95 Ken and Roy MacLennan came on to the board as INE nominees to replace Norman Cordiner and Ken Matheson who really had had enough of the bickering.

Immediately he transformed the club's PR at a time when this was sorely needed. A protracted battle with Inverness District Council over stadium funding was on the horizon and Ken was a major player in the essential step of getting that stadium in place.

Then in the 1999-2001 period, as Vice Chairman, he was also instrumental in getting Tullochs on board, without which Caley Thistle probably at the very best best would have gone into administration with over £2M of debt and certainly wouldn't have had the wherewithal to win the First Division and enter the SPL by 2004.

(And IHE's reference to "selling tractors" isn't actually all that far off the mark because in his professional career as Moray Firth Finance I am sure he has funded quite a few for local farmers!)

This is a very sound appointment for Caley Thistle - especially since he will be working in the commercial area and in customer care.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

Glad to see the club has appointed someone to take resposibility for comercial revenue activities. This is a big job with substantial deficits to deal with and it will take a lot of effort and experience to do so. I won't put pressure on the guy by building him up as a "fantastic appointment" or a "great guy" as some may have different opinions. Personally, I hope he is a raging success for the sake of ICT. Good luck.